South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default What I think of the Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe

It took a bit to get it all grated (raw). I followed the directions to a tee...and cooked it in a wok.

Girls, it is wonderful!!! Looks a lot like real rice too....

I might add, when serving a pinch of low-sodium Soy Sauce or maybe a little Mayo...as it is a wee bit on the dry side. Rice its self is a bit dry unless people add sauces to it. Sure looks like rice.

This recipe is well worth making again.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Lubajo. As I said, it's one of my favorites, and I make it often. If you have a food processor, it makes shredding the cauliflower a breeze!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #3  

Thanks cottage for your input on the Rice. What other meat do you use in it? or what do you add if anything.

I tried a little Mayo on some and a little low Sodium Soy Sauce on some other and liked the Soy Sauce best...Do you use any thing?

I hit 20 lbs today!!! Phase 1 for me...I do add one can of mixed fruit to my 7 bowls of diet Jello when I make it...so it has very little fruit but sure makes it more enjoyable...May even have an Apple with my Phase 1...we shall see...

How are you doing?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

DH and I use this frequently - we often alter it and make a chicken and veggie stir fry on the side with SB Teryiaki sauce (also very tasty), and omit the shrimp in the "rice". We use our food processor to grate the cauliflower, which makes a quick (if messy) job of it. I will say that it does not do as well as a leftover - I did not enjoy it is as much reheated.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #5  

Thanks for the input...I will look for SB Teryiaki Sauce in my local store. It made a lot so I will be trying it leftover tonight...Hubby will help me eat finish it up..

Congrats on your weight loss...Nice to post in and check on people... Nice to hear how they are doing weight wise and what they are eating and doing for exercising.... Will read you again soon. Have a successful day with SB. Lu
Old 02-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lubajo, I add broccoli, onions, and any other veggie I happen to have on hand, and I always use low-sodium soy sauce in it. I think it's great leftover, and I look forward to having it for lunch the next day. You can make this with just about any meat you want, I usually use chicken.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #7  

Cottage: Hubby loved it...Even left-over...Loved it with a little soy sauce...We had Mock Abalone, the Fried Rice and Zuchine Pennies tonight...so good was the meal.

thank you for all your help...I will fry Chicken in it next time...

Oh question...My daughter wants to try the recipe but sons are allergy to eggs...any suggestions of what to use in its place?
Closed Thread