South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Tip-Top on Tuesday!

How's that for alliteration?

Ruthie, I didn't know that Lucy was ending her career as a mama...is everything alright? Are you sad at no more breeding? I hope everything went well, Lucy is resting quietly (I had trouble imagining the boisterous Miss L not bouding around!) and Mama Hersh is taking care of her daughter (and you!) Looking forward to an update of good health...

Crazy days...I spent most of yesterday hanging out with a dear friend. Was supposed to meet another friend for lunch today but she pulled a muscle in her neck/back and can't make it. Will stay home, clean, do some scrapbooking, go to my psychi appt. and to choir practice. Pretty calm day. Hopefully will visit the gym as well...

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:23 AM   #2  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Just popping in to say hi and that I'm starting Phase 1 again to see how much weight I can lose this time around.

I did it three weeks ago and made it all the way through with no cheats!!! Let's see what happens this time!!!

Hope you ladies have a good day!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I did so well all day yesterday until the evening, then I blew it with a piece of apple pie, all because I didn't want to throw it away. Dumb!!! Why did I think it would be better on my hips than in the trash? So, FRESH START again today. It seems a lot of us are really struggling right now, I chuck it up to the "winter blahs."
I have the morning off, then start the rounds of piano and dance this afternoon. The day will be busy, but it should go fast. I'm off for my coffee right now, and maybe some Mock Oatmeal.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm really dragging this morning from being sick and my doggie nursing duties.

My wonderful vet delivered Lucy home at 6 last night. Leslie put her on her bed in front of the fire and Lucy stayed there until 12:30 - I slept on the couch. At 12:30 it was potty time and the poor drugged darling couldn't figure out how to get back to the house from the far end of the dog yard! Dog Mom of the Year went out in the knee deep snow and guided her in. The Girls have made themselves a packed trail to their special spots out there but it's like walking a tightrope. Most refreshing but I did survive and got into my real bed by one.

Laurie, it certainly is something to see Lucy without her Energizer battery. Nothing is wrong with her; Morna decided to quit the breeding business and I decided the same. It's too complicated with just one person.

Jusj, nice to see you posting and I'm in love with your dog. Going back to Phase I is not a very good idea. See this article from the Daily Dish. How much did you lose on Phase I?

Cottage, now don't beat yourself up over a piece of pie! You are usually on track and it probably won't make a difference. You are right - we seem to be into the end of winter blahs around here. I'll bump up the days 'til spring thread and see if we perk up.

Not much on my schedule today. I will be cancelling pet therapy, of course, as there's no way they'd let me into the nursing home with this cold. I may try for a doc appointment because my chest sounds kind of wheezy and I sure don't want a repeat of my bronchial asthma ordeal of ten years ago! It's also time to start gathering our tax stuff - not my favourite job but it has to be done.

So what's happening around your house today?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, it is a dreary cold day here today. I will be soooo glad to see spring.

Ruth- glad to hear that Lucy is home and what a good doggie mom you are. Hope you had a great trip to the sunny south. Sorry about the cold, get well soon. My youngest dd has the same thing but a sore throat as well. Take care of yourself.

Cottage- don't beat yourself up over the pie, I have a case of the blahs as well. Spring will be great. Tonight is the last high school open house that has been cancled twice. And oldest dd has dance tonight as well her private lesson and then she has to help teach to classes. Life of a mom. Have a great day.

jusj5571- Have a great day.

beachgal- Thanks for starting us up this morning and boys you have a busy day ahead. But it sounds like an enjoyable one. Take care and have a great day.

Well I must dash the baby is on his way and then I will leave the wee ones with DH and go get grocries all healthy stuff of course. have a great day chicks. to all.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #6  
doinTHEbestIcan

Ruthxxx - I lost about 10 pounds on phase 1 about three weeks ago.

I started on phase 2 on v-day and have been off the wagon since.

I did phase 1 for the first time ever with no cheats and would like to do it again.

I read the link and understand fully but I'm just re-doing it a second time since I fell of for an entire week!!!

Thanks so much for your concern and when these two weeks are up I will continue with phase 2.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #7  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Good Morning All!

I am on day 14 of Phase 1! No Cheats! I feel great and am excited about starting Phase 2 tomorrow. I want to add an apple to my diet. I miss them!

Busy day ahead, I am teaching 2 8 year olds to knit this after noon. This morning I am getting my bills paid and working on some stuff that needs to get done...

I will try to check in and do personals a bit later!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Day SB girls...looks like many of us are struggling to stay OP...winter blues? I don't think that's it completely...we all start off with a bang on just about anything we want to do (dieters are notoriously passionate people) and lose more lbs than what is normal...then we expect to follow that pattern. We have to be realistic about weight-loss and 'keeping it off'. All the 'experts' say it's better to lose 1lb - 2lb a week so that's my goal from now on. No more huge expectations but slow, progressive weight loss.

The last day or two have been somewhat easier since I am getting ready to go on the cruise (passionately) so am keeping busy with packing and preparations. Yesterday I cleaned out my bathroom drawers/cupboards and filled a med sized garbage bag with stuff...then filled two zip-lock baggies with shampoos, lotions and soaps from motels from some of our trips. The baggies go to friends to collect for Africa (their special mission)...like my sister, we get started on a project and will not quit until it's finished no matter how tried and/or hungry we get.

Instead of making comments on each post (I did read them all) I will say this...you are all prayed for each day for the will to succeed, and the ability to resist temptation...but to also forgive yourselves if you do give in to something off program. What's the ol' saying..."If you fall off a horse, pick yourself up and climb on again!" Let's do it girls.

I love you sis!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #9  
doinTHEbestIcan

I've noticed since starting SB that if I always keep something on plan around to eat then I don't have a problem staying on track.

It's when I don't have anything my mind and cravings start to wander off!!!

Just thought I'd share this discovery.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:29 PM   #10  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself and let you know how much of a help just lurking on this site has been. Hope all of you are having a wonderful day!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #11  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Jersey from a fellow New Jerseyan!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

JerseyGirl! Why not start a thread of your own introducing yourself so that those who don't make it to the daily will still get a chance to say hello? Glad to have you with us!

Ruthie, I'm glad that everything's alright and that Mama Hersh is doing a good job keeping Lucy okay. VERY glad you didn't have to wade out in the snow to get her...you're so tiny you might have gotten lost and had to ride Hersh out! Hope everyone does well in spite of the snow and the drugs.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #13  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Cate and beachgal! Thanks for the idea. I'll start my own in a few.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #14  

no time for a post. Everytime I think that things are a busy as they can be, I get proved wrong.

My big upgrade for this coming weekend is getting postponed three weeks so that might help some, I hope.

Starting tomorrow, I am giving up all chocolate for Lent. I really need to do that to get it out of my system. I've fine with everything else but this should help me get back on track.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #15  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Happy Fat Tuesday--

I never knew what Fat Tuesday was until I started working at a Luthern daycare. In the 'spirit' of togetherness with the girls at work I will give up something up for 40 days. That is I am giving up 'cheats'. I will stay O.P. for 40 days. God help me!

You better be praying hard Mamajok

Well it's off to workout. Take care Chickees.
Closed Thread