Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #1  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

Default having a very bad day!

hi...

well i went for WI today... and i didn't gain... but i didn't lose either.. which is ok.. but i just feel like i wanna cry. i have been so diligent about staying POP.. drinking lots of water... getting some excersize everyday.. and aside from the crappy scale incident i have been POP. i'm having serious bathroom issues to the point of becoming nauseous.. and basically.. just feeling really discouraged. sorry for venting on you all...
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Don't worry about venting, that is why we are here. Many of us have "bathroom issues" when we start, and then still from time to time. Do you do the bars? Do you think you are having a reaction to them? If not, the added protein to your diet in general can also cause this. We've all been there. The COD sells a tea that helps, but there's also a few others (cheaper) out there. One is called Smooth Move and it's in the organic section a lot of the time. I would try one of the teas to see if that helps. That, in turn, can be causing your static scale. Try the tea, give it a few days, and increase the fiber in your diet by having whole grains and raw veggies and fruits as much as you can.

Let us know if you need more suggestions.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #3  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Michelle
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you just started one or two weeks ago? You will find that with weighing in 3 times a week you will have to get used to the fact you are not going to have a loss every time, you may have gains when you have been perfectly on plan and sometimes when you cheat you will lose.
Stick with it and it will be your monthly measurements and losses that will have real impact. Don't let the little ounces that show up or don't budge get you discouraged. It's a long road but a worthwhile road!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #4  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

Oh do I know how you feel! I spent my entire first month gaining and losing the same 3 lbs! There is nothing more frustrating than not seeing the results you want... but, you have to remember that your body has a lot of new stuff to adapt to and it's probably not sure how to deal with all of it! In the last 3 weeks, I have lost 9lbs! I think my body has stopped holding out for the extra 300 calories a day it used to get and the program is starting to do what it does.
If you're getting more exercise than usual, remember that you are gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. As far the bathroom issues, I am a disaster! There is a tea out there called "smooth move"... I know, nasty name... it's basically a laxative tea and it helps jump-start your digestive system. I also put a lot of faith in the powers of Oolong tea... it has all, and possibly more, of the same properties of Green Tea, but I think it tastes better. Keep going, you're going to start seeing results!

And venting... I think it's as important for your health as anything could be! You should hear the earfull my poor DH gets when I've had a bad day... let's just say I think I would get blocked from the site if I posted half of what I say to him
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #5  
Michelle on LAWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
Hi Michelle
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you just started one or two weeks ago? You will find that with weighing in 3 times a week you will have to get used to the fact you are not going to have a loss every time, you may have gains when you have been perfectly on plan and sometimes when you cheat you will lose.
Stick with it and it will be your monthly measurements and losses that will have real impact. Don't let the little ounces that show up or don't budge get you discouraged. It's a long road but a worthwhile road!
its more the constipation that has me feeling so bad... i've been that way before but not to the point of nausea. i'm fully aware of the ups and downs of the scale... and fully expected fluctuations.. especially with WI three times a week.. i don't have unrealistic expectations, sorry if it sounded that way. i was just venting with the scale bit... its the pain and bloating that are making me feel bad. but i thank you for your advice and encouragement... they mean a lot
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Try the tea!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #7  
Michelle on LAWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The best ME I can be View Post
And venting... I think it's as important for your health as anything could be! You should hear the earfull my poor DH gets when I've had a bad day... let's just say I think I would get blocked from the site if I posted half of what I say to him

thanks... my DH is a great support and sounding board too
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #8  
Shea- LAWL since 1/30/07

Height: 5'2

Hi Wrongway (sorry, don't know your real name).

I'm pretty new to this too, today is my 21st day on the program. I have no answers for you as to why the scale does what it does but I can tell you how it's gone for me so far...

First two days of take off= lost 4 lbs
First week total loss = almost 6 lbs.

Went out of town for the weekend ate ONE stinking crab cake and went up almost 2lbs.
Spent the rest of the second week working off the 2lb. gain.
Second week total loss = 2 lbs which put me at a total weight loss of 6 lbs.

Third week, went in the begining of the week and was the exact same weight. I was heartbroken...I worked SO hard and even went to a birthday party and did not cheat! COD said not to worry sometimes that happens then all of a sudden you'll be down a few lbs. I also started spotting in the beggining of the week. I was upset, bloated, and broken out with two monster zits on my face. I couldn't resist the 6 pieces of chocolate that were calling out to me or the fries from Mc Donnalds so I ate them. Went in Friday...I was down almost 4 lbs.
Third week total loss = 3.4 lbs for a total of 9.4 lbs lost so far.

Hang in there.

~Shea
I can do this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Michelle........I am sooo sorry you are having constipation troubles. If you cannot get them resolved VERY soon, you may want to try this. http://askwaltstollmd.com/cons.html I am the constipation queen. I have dealt with this problem a lot myself, my poor little 4 yo. DS has trouble......and I have done a lot of homework on it, and tried many many remedies. This site give very good info and a very simple solution. The main page here is driected towards helping children....but if you look into the site further....you will see this protocol is used for people of all ages. Our own dear Pearl had her poor DH try this, and he is all better, and has never been this regular. They asked their doctor about it, and he said it was perfectly safe. My pediatrician says it is fine also. There is no misery like constipation, and noone should have to deal with it. I, once, was soooo ill with it that I was vomitting. It was horrible. Anyway, I have no idea who this Dr. Walt is.....but he seems to be pretty down to earth, and super smart. Good luck
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #10  
Michelle on LAWL

thank you mama nicole... and everyone else as well ...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #11  
on LAWL

One of the things that I've found helpful is to pick one day that I consider my 'official' weigh in - that's my measure for the week. And as for the bathroom issues, have you tried the baked apple that's in the cookbook? It's a great way to get fruit and fat in, and it always helps me when I'm having that issue.

Good luck!
SandyG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

^^ Which was explained to me at the COD, that when you bake an apple, it somehow boosts the digestible fiber content..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #13  
Michelle on LAWL

ok... i'll try the baked apple too.. thanks all
Old 02-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #14  
ADB (Protein Power)

S/C/G: 191/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
hi...

well i went for WI today... and i didn't gain... but i didn't lose either.. which is ok.. but i just feel like i wanna cry. i have been so diligent about staying POP.. drinking lots of water... getting some excersize everyday.. and aside from the crappy scale incident i have been POP. i'm having serious bathroom issues to the point of becoming nauseous.. and basically.. just feeling really discouraged. sorry for venting on you all...

After starting this diet, I found the bloating from gas and general "lack of movement" very uncomfortable. I have used the senna-based tea (smooth move), but I was looking for something that would help my system be more consistent, rather than relying on the tea every few days or so.

I found a product at my local nutrition/vitamin store called "Sculpt n' Cleanse made by HealthDirect which has helped me tremendously in reducing bloating/pain and general "lack of movement" after starting this diet. I purchased it locally, but here is a link which at least describes it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now.

P.S. I'm not affiliated in any way with the product ... just discovered it when I was picking up vitamins, started talking to the dietician who works at the store, and she recommended it. I've found it very helpful.

GNC: http://www.gnc.com/sm-health-direct-...i-2367814.html

HealthDirect: http://www.healthdirectusa.com/index.php?prodID=7

Last edited by JenniKyle; 02-27-2007 at 11:14 PM.
JenniKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #15  
Jenn, mama to Micki

I've also had issues since starting, since I had my gallbladder removed last year. Ways I've been coping:

- Drinking 10-12 8oz glasses of water per day. I just have a HUGE sipper cup at my desk at work and keep refilling it with ice, water and a packet of True Lemon (cause I drink more water when it's lemony)

- Eating a ton of spinach, broccoli, high-fiber starches, fresh fruit.

- Working out. I think there's something to getting the body moving to get your "system" moving. This comes with the caveat that you *might* see some scale wackiness if you really start pushing it. I know if I have a particularly tough workout (esp muscle conditioning) I will see a gain for the next few days. This isn't because of muscle-mass gain (because it takes weeks to build a pound of muscle), but rather because the muscle hoards water while it heals. As soon as the muscle soreness goes away, so will the extra scale weight.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote