Old 02-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #1  
Sammy

Question Pita Help

Im having a hard time finding pita's that are cut in the middle and low enough to count as a starch even at 4". Have any ideas of where I could buy them. I love making chikcen oitza out of them.

Thanks
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #2  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I know our stores/brands wouldn't be the same here in Canada anyway, but I thought I would mention that my COD didn't get too specific about pitas. The only real point they wanted me to take away was that they should be no bigger than 4 inches. I've eaten tonnes of those and I'm doing pretty well. Honestly though, I've never even looked at the other nutritional info. I must have been on auto-pilot!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I get mine in the deli section of the supermarket. The trick is to use a serated knife very close to the top to stuff them. I'm not sure of the brand off the top of my head, but they're 4 inches and slice failry easily.

I'm going grocery shopping tommorrow, I'll edit to add the brand then!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

OOOHHHHH! I just got it! You mean chicken pita pizza, right? And slicing them in the middle means you want two rounds, right? If that's it, I use the Toufayan mini pitas, which are 4" and 70 calories and are in the deli section at my grocery store.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #5  
Sammy

Yes the chicken pita pizza.I love that recipe. I found some that work. My mom had bought some pitas that weren't cut at all and it was very hard to cut them open.

THANKS A BUNCH!
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Gotcha. Glad you got it worked out. Sorry for my being so dense! (You will notice that it happens from time to time)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote