General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Careers In Law...

I'm thinking of getting into some sort of career in Law, but I'm not sure what all there is, all I know is Lawyer and Police Officer, so any others anyone can suggest would be great. Thanks
Old 02-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

A judge, a paralegal, law clerk, arbitrators, title examiners, err... that's all I can come up with.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

There's always the CSI part of it as well. And so many types of law. Are you interested in the police part/criminal law or something different? Just curious since you mentioned a police officer.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #4  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Well I'm sure the CSI aspect and crimal section of Law would be interesting, I wouldn't want to be a cop though, it is just the only thing I could think of lol
Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Well, to be a judge, a law clerk or a lawyer you need to go to law school. But, have you thought of becoming court clerk? That you don't need to go to law school for....they are the bailiffs of the court. You could always try to work in the criminal division for that. Another thing you could do is apply to your county courthouse for jobs....you could even work as a receptionist or administrator or a variety of things at the courthouse in that environment. Being a paralegal for a law firm that does alot of criminal work (er, you know what I mean ) would also probably be up your CSI alley.
But remember, the law (no matter what you do) is NOT as glamourous as the TV shows would make out. Most of it is boring drudgery.
Closed Thread