South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Hooray Friday West Coast Chicks

Aimee Congratulations on a total of 30lbs loss so far...go girl!

Cinderly, thanks for the good suggestions for getting my water in and rewarding myself with my DP.

We had a lovely small group meeting last night...DH was asked to share his mission to Mississippi...it was such a nice evening. The host lady had these beautiful desserts for us and I ate all of mine. It was a very thin choc cup filled with a light cake and pudding and topped with fruit. I just could not turn it down they were so lovely. I don't think it was enough to really do damage though. I weighed this morning and stayed the same but I have one whale of a headache from the SUGAR!

I wish for each of us a good day today...into a wonderful weekend OP.

Everyone had weighed in, and our diet-workshop leader began her lecture on the week's topic - the problems of dining out. She talked about alternatives, such as requesting diet sodas and dressings, and having meat broiled instead of fried. Finally she turned the question over to the group for discussion.

"What is the greatest problem you encounter when going out to eat?"

Replied one woman quickly, "Running into you!"

I love you sis!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Morning Girls:

I am one mad girl today....Went to water class Valentine's Day and I guess I left my good warm, good fitting reversible jacket there in the locker room.

Didn't notice it missing until Thursday night when we were going to water class again. I have looked high and low. Called 2 daughters, and best friend, just in case I had left it at their places...No Go!

So it's off to water class again this morning (as much as I don't want to go), to check one last time and put up a sign offering a reward..

My DH says, Go buy another jacket! We can afford it! BUT...This was a hundred dollar jacket and I got it for half price...and besides, like I said, this jacket fitted me so perfectly. So comfortable...Darn It!

So woke up at 4 this morning, up by 6 so we could eat, clean house and be ready to go by 8....

No time after class as dog Puffin smells, so I must bathe her as soon as I get back in the house. Birthday party for daughter #2, and afternoon shopping at Costco and Winco...

Wish me luck finding that beautiful jacket!!!

Silly me...all this upsetting over a jacket!!!!good thing it's not one of my kids!!!that would kill me.

Hope your day goes better, Back later....Love to you all...

I love you sis!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #3  

Oh Sis, I hope and pray you find your jacket! That's so frustrating...did you wear it to Home Town Buffet?

Have a good time at the b'day party in spike of lost jacket. Have fun shopping too!

I love you sis!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Ask and you shall receive...Praise His Name!

Why are we at time of such little faith?

I prayed last night, this morning and on the way down to the pool..."Lord, Please let me fine my jacket."

I found my jacket!!!! Down at the pool...One of the teachers had picked it up and hung it in a store room...
This teacher is only there on Mon, Wed and Friday...that is why no one knew any thing about it last night.

The pool is closed all next week so DH and I will have to find other exercise...Off I go...
Old 02-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #5  

Yeah SIS!

Does anyone know if canned pumpkin and if canned unsweetened coconut milk is allowed on SB? I tried to find it in the book but it's not listed on either the allowed foods nor the foods to avoid?

I found a wonderful recipe for a Pumpkin Bean Soup I want to try that call for those two ingredients along with other nice sounding flavors.

I hope everyone is having a good day...next time I come on here I sure hope to hear from Cinderly, Aimee, MorningStar...anyone else I may have missed.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #6  

pumpkin is listed in the South Beach Good Fats Good Carbs guide as very limited (under vegetables). So I think you could have it for very special occasions in phase 2. Make sure the canned pumpkin is pure pumkin of course.

I found coconut under the Fats section. It lists Coconut, shredded, unsweetened, serving size 2 TBSP as Limited. I haven't used coconut myself as my DH is allergic to it but it is in the book.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am alive!! I had an early morning this morning, and worked from 8:30-12:30. By the time I got home and had lunch, Josh called and was coming home because he wasn't feeling so good.

lubajo - Glad that you found your jacket I would also be pretty upset to lose a fav jacket, I am sad when my fav underwear isn't clean! heh. I am definitely attached to my clothes.. everything just feels better when your clothes are comfortable and good fitting

mamajok - sugar is evil! Thats my new thoughts these days, for me it just leads me to fatty junk food..

Well ladies, hope you are all having a great day! I am off to finish watching Dr Phil, it's kinda disturbing today.. his shows are generally not so good anymore. I wonder if he helps anyone anymore..

-Aimee
Old 02-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #8  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default 25 pounds down!

Hi Ladies,

I am jumping for joy because today I reached a milestone: 25 lbs lost since January 1. Woo hoo! Using Phase I again allowed me to lose the five pounds that crept back in last week, plus another two for good measure. (Thank you, Dr. A.) This morning the scale read 290, so I am back on Phase II, taking it one day at a time.

My next mini goal is 278, hopefully before St. Patrick's day.

Thanks to all for the wonderful support here.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #9  

Barb, thanks for the info on pumpkin and coconut...I will use it sparingly.

Aimee, as far as Dr. Phil is concerned...I read his wife's book...very worthwhile read. I hope Josh is feeling better and you don't catch whatever it is he has/had!

Booklover, FANTASTIC! A 25lb loss since Jan 1st is great ...go St. Pat's Day!

Sis, I am so glad you found your jacket...Raymond is always leaving his jackets somewhere...lost two just last year. I have to really watch it when I am with him.

See you gals tomorrow when I kick off the weekend with a bang!

I love you sis!
Closed Thread