Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 07:50 AM   #1  
fatter than U

Wink How Now Fat Cow?

*sniff sniff* I just finished watching the wedding of Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands and his Argentinian bride Maxima. She looked soooo purdy! Of course we all know that Queen Beatrix wanted Willem to marry Princess Victoria of Sweden, but that's the way it goes, eh?

Cherry! I knew it! I'm e mailing you later. Sounds like this doc at least listened to what you had to say. See, you're *not* just another depressed fat chick.

My kitchen is filthy. Not just messy, filthy. It needs to be scrubbed, which I'm doing in between wedding sniffles. Oh, how I love a nice wedding.

Muffers! You'll be happy to know that 4 bags of old clothes went out the door yesterday never to be seen again and the bedroom is sparklin' (well, my side at least). Dh says he's sleeping better. Now if I could only get him to clean up *his* side of the room

Talk 2 U cows later!
Old 02-02-2002, 03:06 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oh yes indeed

Love a good royal wedding. Haven't seen any of this one, unfortunately. When Di and the Dope got married, I spent the night on a couch at my boyfriend's mother's house (she had a good TV and I didn't) and got up at 5 am to watch it.

That episode of ER got to me too, Muffie. Particularly since my DD is the very same age. Thank goodness I am not dealing with that kind of thing, but I can sure sympathize with her parents. What a nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares, I expect my lil sis will be having her share of them -- last night she ran over her own cat, and he died on the way to the vet. The baby (20 mos.) was in the car with her and she had to find a neighbor to look after him while she took the cat. My other nephew (3) was at my parents' house, which would have been the best thing (you know, his mommy could explain to him what happened, later, in her own way), but my oh-so-sensitive step-father took the phone call and repeated the details out loud with the little one right there in the room. Poor kid's bound to have disturbing thoughts about this. "Mommy ran over the cat? Why?"

DH and DD went to the big city to the movies today and I am unencumbered. What to do? What to do? Perhaps I could begin the massive dejunking that will be required so that DD can have a slumber party in exactly one week.

You really want my ham soup recipe, Muff? I'll have to type it up, but it's worth it. I got a book of crockpot recipes recently and, while I didn't get that recipe from there, it did give me lots of ideas. There's a hamburger veg soup recipe in there that is utterly fantastic -- and pretty healthy too! I'll get both of them for you. You'll love 'em

Kiwi
Old 02-02-2002, 03:28 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Unhappy Poor kitty!

Oh, Kiwi! How awful! You poor sister.

Hamburger soup recipe sounds great - why doncha just post it here for all to see? The wedding festivities started at around 4 a.m. your time so you would have been one sleepy gal. I got up for Charles and Di too and just look what happened to them

I *was* going to exercise, but it's a bit late now so I'll just go eat something.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:32 AM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default What a funny time for a wedding....

I have typed up those recipes for the interested throngs who are staring perplexedly into their crockpots and soup kettles wondering what to cook. Or something.

The ham, barley and mushroom soup takes a while while the hamburger soup is simple simple. What a strange assortment of words appear on the screen at 3:30 in the morning!

Kiwi
Old 02-03-2002, 04:06 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Wink just came back to brag

Did 30 mins on the elliptical thingy and didn't die. PMSing like crazy. Feel like a whale. My divorce lawyer friend is coming for tea tomorrow. Last week her 4 yr old dd said to me "mommy and daddy are splitting up and we're moving back where we came from!" Ack! Can I trust a 4 yr old? Are divorce lawyers allowed to do their own divorces? Muffie? Anyone? Guess I'll find out the scoop tomorrow.

Where are you all? I know Wabby is at home computerless and fretting about what to wear to the Flower Show but the rest of you have no excuse.

Thanks for the recipes, Kiwi! I have this package of barley sitting in my cupboard just waiting for that soup.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:21 PM   #6  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello! We're getting ready to watch the Super Bowl and eat (fake) Mexican food. I don't have much to say because my fitness efforts hinge on what the doctor says tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll be easy to fix.

Speaking of cleaning, DH and I cleaned for two straight hours Friday night. The living room, dining room, and kitchen look awesome. The bedroom is a PIT!

Well, gotta go watch the game.

Ciao!
Cherry
Old 02-04-2002, 10:45 AM   #7  
cow with the double chin

Unhappy Yummy! Krispy Kremes!!

Good morning cows. I just ate 2 1/2 krispy kreme donuts for breakfast. I figured it out, I crave sweets in the a.m. when I don't get any sleep the nite before.

Punkin is very bad off with fever, sore throat, cough, head ache etc., she goes to the dr this morning. Needless to say, she has been in my bed the last two nites and I have not slept. My usually good litte patient is very NEEDY this time. But, I don't think she has ever been this sick.

What did you all think of half time yeterday, if you watched it? All those names got to me. And I am really not all that sure I liked the way it fell at the end. I actually gasped.

Cherry, how did the doc's go?

Sug....very good on the bedroom. Now come do mine. Hope the PMS doesn't drive you to do anything crazy!!

Kiwi, your poor sister. And poor little one to have to hear that!! Thanks for the recipes, they sound delicious. What were you doing up so late?

Gotta run. The new format of Sesame Street is on this morning and Hooper's Store is on fire!!!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:21 PM   #8  

Default Hmmmm.

Actually I know exactly what to wear to the Garden Show. A huge flowered muu-muu. Or is that mooo-mooo?

Wow, Cherry, I wish I could blame my fat on a medical condition. For some reason I think it has something to do with my eating disorder. The chow-down disorder. The "I don't want to have to do anything too strenuous" disorder. You, however, are a paragon of virtue when it comes to working out and diet. I hope you get some answers soon.

I went to bunco on Saturday night. On the menu was hot artichoke parmesan dip, clam dip, cream cheese & shrimp stuffed mushrooms, and for dessert, a chocolate espresso cheesecake. I did, however steer clear of the veggie platter.

Sugar P, I'm so proud of you, working out on your eliptical whatchamathingy. I haven't been walking for over a week now, because of the nasty weather. I was all up and dressed to go this morning, but it was just too icy. At least I should get points for being dressed w/ walking shoes on at 6:30 am.

PS Muffie, my donut shop man told me that their donuts are much lower fat than krispy-cremes. They have only a half zillion grams of fat instead of the full zillion grams. I stopped by to get some this morning, but they were closed due to a family emergency. I had to settle for a scone from the coffee shop driveup window.

Last edited by Wabby; 02-04-2002 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:55 PM   #9  

Default Poor Kiwi's sis

I know exactly how terrible your sis feels, Kiwi. I hit our most sweet loveable golden retriever several years ago. He was close to the street as I drove in our driveway, and I opened my window and told him to go home. I didn't think he minded me, but he was running along the front wheel down my driveway, and I hit him. We took him to the vet, but they sent him home after xrays and we thought he was going to be ok. He died 2 days later. I still have nightmares about it. And I can't tell you how many times I kept going over and over it, thinking about how terribly careless I'd been. A year later we adopted another golden retriever, but even though he looks the same, he will never be our lovable Barney dog.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:45 PM   #10  
cow with the double chin

Default Kiwonk.........

I can't get the attachment to open.Has been downloading for 45 minutes. Any hints on what the problem is?
Old 02-04-2002, 08:29 PM   #11  
The magic shrinking cow

Guess what?

There's nothing wrong with me. My bloodwork was nearly perfect, except for low iron. (I'll have numbers soon.)

I can take comfort in that as I am gasping for breath after walking up a flight of stairs, or turning off a previously easy workout tape after five minutes because I feel like I'm going to throw up.

I feel like such an idiot. I have no excuse.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:38 PM   #12  
cow with the double chin

Unhappy (((((((( Cherry ))))))))))))))

Babe, get a second opinion. You know your body. Make them LISTEN to you.

Get another doctor. Are you still military??? Even they have to have options.

YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT!! You just know that you are not yourself right now. Let's find out why, okay??

What are the reasons you could have low iron??? Put your investigative skill to work babe.

~k
Old 02-05-2002, 02:08 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Question Cherry!

You are *not not not* and idiot! Do you actually have those numbers in your hand, or did he just tell you everything was fine? I would really like to see your thyroid levels. My doctor says I'm "perfectly healthy" too ('cept for that pesky 3rd kidney ) simply because he doesn't know that blood work doesn't tell all.

We'll get to the bottom of this some time, right cows? Can't have our Cherry feeling like cr*p all the time.

Muffers, I double clicked on "soup txt"or whatever it says there and the text appears on the screen instantaneously. 45 mins is a bit long

Last edited by SugP; 02-05-2002 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-05-2002, 11:51 AM   #14  

Default Oh dear.

Cherry, dear, first of all, we just can't have you calling yourself an idiot because you most definitely are not. Second, in all my many years I have learned a very important fact: Doctors are not God and they do not know everything. I know you're just discouraged at this point, but don't give up trying to figure out what is going on with your body. A second opinion is in order.

I've got to go read. I got 2 new books from half.com yesterday. "Black and Blue" by Anna Quindlen (reading now) and " A Short Story of a Prince" by Jane Hamilton. I also got my seed order! Spring is just around the corner! I have some really cool coleus seeds, nicotiana 'Havana Appleblossom' (these are really pretty - I grew them last year) really pretty peachy colored begonia (never tried these before) & just some good old alyssum and white cosmos. I also have tons of seed I saved from my flowers last year. Can't wait to get growing!
Old 02-05-2002, 01:44 PM   #15  
cow with the double chin

Talking Doh!!!!

Double clicking, what a concept! Aint I edumacated!!! LOL I was right clicking and cursing!! The hamburger soup looks souper easy.

Poor punkin is sick, sick, sick. Doc says cold with asthm like symptoms. Did I already tell you this? If so, just ignore this post.
Came home with an inhaler. That was yesterday morning. It has been 24hours and there is no improvement. And now she says her chest hurts. I'll give her until tonite to show some improvement and then I am calling back.

I made up for my breakfast of krspy kremes yesterday. Had a salad with tuna for lunch. Dinner was cod and veggies cooked in foil packets and brown rice.

I have a couple of pork tenderloins for tonite. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking grilling them and then making layered quesadillas. Any ideas?

I am being summoned to snuggle on the couch. Good thing since I am feeling a little feverish and have a sore throat myself.

Closed Thread