South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat

Good Morning! For some reason I'm having a hard time waking up. I just finished my second cup of coffee, so that caffeine should start kicking in soon!
Things got busy around here yesterday and I never did get the chance to stop by again. The girls wanted to do arts & crafts, so we were busy with that for a while. Then they decided they wanted chicken & noodles for lunch, so I let them make it while I supervised. Afterwards we snuggled together to watch an hour of TV, then we all bundled up and I took them back to their place where we built an igloo and went sledding. Whew! It was all I could do to stay awake to watch Survivor after all that. Let me tell you, I felt like a survivor after riding a tobaggan, I think I took 10 years off my life!
So today the plan is, we're going skiing! Actually, Cindy said to bring a good book and I can sit in front of the fire at the ski lodge while she has the girls out on the slopes for a while, then I'll watch them while she skis for a while. Sounds good to me, as long as I don't have to put on skis, I'm game for just about anything, but I haven't been on skis since I was a teenager and don't fancy braking a leg at this stage of my life!

What are your plans for the day?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:43 AM   #2  

Ah, the nectar of the Gods!

Cottage: yesterday sounds like a perfect way to spend a snow covered day ! I bet the Ski resorts are happy to have all this snow --it looked like the season was going to be a bust . I havent been on my skis in about 5 years and after one of the last tumbles I took, I think I should just sell them! I78 in PA is constantly on the news here with those poor truckers and cars stranded for days! I can't imagine!
Spring can't come soon enough!
I'm heading out to look at kitchen cabinets and tiles...just a "reconnaissance" mission. but it will be fun!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #3  

Morning!

Cottage That does sound like a lovely way to spend the day. Enjoy!

Schatzi Hvae fun looking at cabinets!

Me- Busy day for me, this week has seemed to be super long for some reason. I am very much looking forward to the weekend. No big plans, which is just perfect!! I think I will do some plan ahead cooking so my week will be better.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #4  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I lost a battle with a piece of chocolate cake and ice cream last night, but I'm back on track today!!!!

Going to the grocery store tonight and I think I'll remain on Phase 1 because the cravings are starting to get a little hard. It's time to buckle back down.

I hope you all have a good weekend!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #5  
RNMOM

Default G'morning

Hiya ladies!

So, I thought I had to work today, so I got up at Odark-thirty and made it to work by six. Uhmmm, another nurse is there and we look at each other and start laughing. We were both confused for a minute, I checked the schedule and realized that I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE! So, I'm now in front of the 'puter getting ready to tackle a mountain of homework.
I'm not sure how I got so messed up in my week, but that's OK.

Schatzi, honey do you need me to pick out the cabinets for you??? I'm telling ya, I saw some beautiful ones made out of particle board.....I could paint polka dots and checks on them in fuscia...............they would be marvelous!

Kiko, I'm so excited you don't have plans for the weekend.......bliss!

cottage, have fun skiing, but be careful, don't try to be the snow bunny on your first run, remember tips pointed in!!!!!

OK ladies have a great day and enjoy your 3 day weekend.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #6  

oh darling RN...you pop in today!!! You missed all the wonderful Birthday greetings to you! We hope you had a marvy day~!

pink polka dots...at this point with all the choices out there it just might work!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

I'mmm Ssooooo Cooollldddd...bbbbbrrrrrrrr
I'm ready for summer! If I complain about the heat one time...any one of you can slap me! It's all of 19 here right now! and the wind chill is 10! Come on...this is ALABAMA...it's not supposed to be this cold here...my flippin daffodils are blooming!..(well they're kinda FROZEN right now) My southern bones can't take this!!!
and why do our cute little girls have to become teenagers? answering my own question...I guess it's because that way when they move out we won't be totally devastated! My dd that's almost 18 is driving me CRAZY! She's a very good girl..it's just the attitude that's getting to me! I don't remember her older sister being this bad! She has a job and is fussing that we make her pay for everything! oh...sure...I asked her if she wanted a bill for her car insurance...and cell phone...and rent...etc!
whew..thanks for the venting session...I'm sure there's more bottled up in there...I do have another teenage daughter living at home!!! (she'll be 16 next saturday) breathe in, breathe out! moving on....
well...at some point I'm gonna have to get myself together and stop letting my nerves get the better of me! I've not been sticking SB much lately. I think dear auntie flo is to blame! but I'm sending her packing (for now) and I'm getting my hormone level back to normal! And I'm gonna hit the gym...maybe I can get my frustration out on the treadmill or elliptical or something like that!
Well hope you all have a fan-ta-bulous day!!!
ttyl
Tina
Old 02-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, you crazy amazing girl!!! I can't imagine how you have the energy to do it all, and why you aren't a size 000 after all that work! It sounds lovely, especially the snuggling, but not so much the tobagonning...I'm terrified of heights and fast moving things. Yikes! You're doing my version of skiing...I'm all about the hot chocolate and a book by the fire!

Ooh, Schatzi, I love dreaming over kitchen and bath remodling stuff! Have you seen that Lowe's commercial with the couple who try to cover their eyes as they pass the bath area because they can't afford it? DH and I laugh at it...as if you could remodel without paying crazy amounts of money! Cute idea, though...

Hey, Kiko! Great idea about cooking ahead...

jusj! I don't think we've met yet! I know it's hard, but you really need a full 2 weeks on P1 with no slip ups to get the cravings out of your system. It sucks, but it's worth it! Hope you have a great, crave-free, OP weekend!

Happy belated birthday to you, RNMom!!! Oh, I've been there with the mixup at work, but never that darn early! Treat yourself to a nap, darling! You deserve it! I love the polka-dot idea...there were tons of them in the movie I saw last night, Because I Said So...it was fabulous. Just a total laugh-riot!

Woke up at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Oy! Need to get going and make it to the gym...but the piles of snow out there aren't very inspiring! I also need to go to the mall to get earring hooks to finish my friend's b-day gift. Sadly, I bought some last week and seem to have lost them. Uggh! Oh well, have to return some movies to Blockbuster anyway...

Hope everyone has a great weekend! TGIF!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Phins! We posted at the same time! Good luck with that teen...my aunt says that's exactly the reason they're so darn obstreporous...they are getting us ready to NOT miss them with they go! I hear you on the cold!!! <shiver>
Old 02-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, I have been hit and miss lately, just don't seem to have the time to do much of anything- It is driving me crazy.
Phins- I have two teenage daughters as well. So I can relate. Part of my stress lately.
I have been so not on the beach and part of the reason is not taking the time to get in here. So I will be back on Monday. Have to work tonight and all day tomorrow from 10-8 pm. Sunday is off though so it will be preperation day. Well gotta to run the guy coming to install our Sallite dish is coming and we are also getting a new internet provider. Life right now is too crazy. Take care chicks miss you but will be back on monday.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm on my way home. It looked a bit doubtful for a bit.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #12  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

beachgal - i finished phase 1 with no cheats on tuesday!!! this was my first cheat since i started which now was 17 days ago.

i was saying stay on phase 1 because i slipped up yesterday and have been fighting cravings since valentine's day, which was my first day on phase 2.

i made it through phase 1 with no cheats!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Hi everyone....I feel lousy, so I'm going back to bed. Thought I would stop in & say hi.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #14  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning, chicks. I'm ready for the day to be over!! Still feeling run down from this cold that has taken hold and won't go away. We're headed to my parents' for the weekend. Hopefully, I'll feel better on Monday.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #15  

Ah Jett: Just concentrate on taking care of yourself. the flu is starting to hit areas hard! We even have hospitals here on "divert" meaning - unless you are near coma don't come here we have no beds!

Soon: See above... take care sweetie

jusj: welcome to the daily thread..you are doing superfantastic!
BG: oh yeah... I'm getting agita just looking at prices! Too many choices and $$$$!

Ruth: Mother Hen is returning!!just be careful --better to stay put than face some of these delays! I hope you arent taking Jet Blue!

LC: you will Looooove Sattelite!! No going back ever LOL!will you have TIVO type ability on your tv?

Phins: Vent away!!!! Who knew Alabama could get that cold??? but thinking they had snow in Mexico...CRAZY!!!
I'm a Jersey gal.. and I actually feel like I'm missing something not being part of the cold snowy blast...sick... It was 30 when I took the doggage for a walk...it felt like 50 to me... a different kinda cold here.

RNMOM: I can do you one better: I had a 8am meeting in PA.. I worked from home the day before and feel asleep on the coach. I woke with a start at 6:30, showered and ran out the door to drive the 1 hour plus... I got there at 8 PM that night, the day before! Talk about automatic pilot for work!
Closed Thread