Old 02-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #1  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking Has anyone had an extreme moment when.....

they just have to shake their head at where they are at in their mindset these days? I had such a moment yesterday. I eat a lot of fresh veggies these days, but I also keep some frozen steam in the package cauliflower and broccoli in the freezer for when I am in a hurry. Yesterday I took out a bag of a new brand of cauliflower and steamed it. Then I realized "seasonings" had been added included including "partially hydrogenated oil." Soooo.......
I dumped them down the garbage disposal. The whole package.

It was only 1.5g of fat per serving, but I am sticking to more whole foods. No partially hydrogenated oil for me. When I thought about it it certainly was a lot healthier than most of what I was eating two months ago and it would have been okay. However, why would you add unhealthy oil to a veggie. So although I know it was a bit extreme and nutty I am strangely proud of myself!
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had a similar moment last week. I had bought fresh green beans to steam. I cooked wild rice and chicken. My SD got in the kitchen and proceeded to batter and fry my green beans in oil. I was so mad that I refused to eat them and I let her know that I don't fry my veggies.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #3  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

LOL if she smokes fry her cigs......LOL
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #4  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I was hungry at work the other day and I forgot to pack my usual fruit. I figured ok I haven't been to the vending machine in a while so I got a cheese danish. My new habit is reading the label on anything I am not familiar with and after I read the first 4 ingredients and could barely pronounce them I gave it away to someone else and sucked on some water till I got home. Also it was 400 calories and I just couldn't do it.....

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 02-17-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #5  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGypsy View Post
LOL if she smokes fry her cigs......LOL
YES! I am sure that would be gratifying and funny... until she goes postal from withdraw. lol.

Not only does most sugar free gum contain Aspartame... but I have yet to find a pack without BHT. Once you open your eyes to the crap put in food that is served to the public and deemed safe by the people put in place to protect us- you can't shut it out. It's disturbing and overwhelming.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #6  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddalice View Post

Not only does most sugar free gum contain Aspartame... but I have yet to find a pack without BHT.
Check out zappgum.com. They claim they have neither in their gum.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote