Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

Default OMG.. I'm in Love!!

I went to the grocery store tonight trying to stock up on some healthy food for the week when I came across some scrumptious little gems. They are made by Quaker and their called Mini Delights. I bought the cinnamon streusel kind. They're made with whole grains and their nutritional content is as follows per bag: cal. 90, total fat 3.5, sodium 90 mg, carbs 14 g (a bit much but still better than a doughnut) fiber 1 g, protein 2 g. I'm telling you they are absolutely DELICIOUS. They kind of remind me of the cinnamon twists at Taco Bell.
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:50 AM   #2  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Mm, those sound good. I love quaker oatmeal and these sound like they'd knock a hole in my sweet tooth, while packing a small punch calorie-wise. Thanks! I'll have to try them.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:04 AM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Quick question before I run out to buy them...do they have HFCS in them? (High Fructose Corn Syrup)
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

Here is a list of the ingredients: multi grain cake (whole grain wheat flour, whole grain yellow corn, whole grain brown rice flour) sugar, cinnamon, salt, natural tocopherois.. the coating on the cakes (and they are bite sized) are: sigar, partially hydrogenated palm kernal oil, nonfat dry milk, dried whole milk, soy lecithin, vanillin.. hope this helps!
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #5  

I'm not so keen on the partially hydrogenated pal kernal oil (trans fat) but the rest looks pretty good, especially since I only do whole grains now. They might be good to get past a sweet craving. Thanks for the recommendation.
ChadsMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #6  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

I went looking for these at the store last night but couldn't find them. Will have to look at a different store here when I get some more $$$. I really want to try'em.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #7  

I also love the new quaker oatmeal crunch cereal....
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote