Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #1  

Default Breasts

Hey, newbie here...

I wonder when you lose weight do your breast get smaller? if so are there excersises that they don't get saggy...coz I'm only 18 and don't want saggy boobs!
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You can do exercises (though I'm not up on the terms I believe "pectoral") to help keep breasts firm. But hon, they're gonna droop with age, be prepared. LOL As for getting smaller, depends on your body alone. You will generally lose first in the last place you gained. Did your breasts get larger as you gained...if you can remember that? If they've never changed, they'll likely remain the same when you lose. Mine were the first things I lost weight in...unfortunately.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

In the Maintainers section there is a great thread on this subject....Weight Loss and Skin FAQs
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hmmm saggy boobs or overweight. I'd go for saggy boobs every time

Mine are like little half-filled water balloons but (TMI: DH loves them ) and a good bra sorts the girls out
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
Mine are like little half-filled water balloons
One of mine is like that. The other is like someone stuck a pin in it and let all the water out.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
Mine are like little half-filled water balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
One of mine is like that. The other is like someone stuck a pin in it and let all the water out.
OMG TOO FUNNY mine are the same BTW... Did anyone see Oprah's March issue with the pics of the older ladies naked... There's one in there of everyone's sweet gramma...
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #7  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Heh. I've got saggier boobs right now, but that's more cause they're freaken humongous. But I totally understand May's worry - saggy boobs happen when you're older, not when you're not even (or barely) in your twenties! There's a reason I'm getting mine both reduced AND lifted.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

meh, I'm 24. Who cares? They're part of me, and I'd rather have em saggy than be the overweight girl with huge boobs that I was at 17!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #9  
Resident Witchling

We each have our own priorities.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

When I lose weight my girls become toddlers, but that's okay. Nothing a little underwire and a lot of padding can't take care of!

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #11  

I get how some of you probably think i should just be happy with losing weight but like I said I´m 18, things like that matter at that age, I´m working hard to be proud of my body so I can enjoy the next summer and i´d be more happy with less boob and/ or no saggy boobs..

Thanks btw for the link about the lose skin/excess skin was very useful
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

May, in a nice bikini or baithing suit or a nice dress or outfit, saggy boobs don't show and no one knows you have them until you are totally naked. When you meet the right person they will love you no matter what, whether you are saggy or perky...
Old 02-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by May1 View Post
I get how some of you probably think i should just be happy with losing weight but like I said I´m 18, things like that matter at that age, I´m working hard to be proud of my body so I can enjoy the next summer and i´d be more happy with less boob and/ or no saggy boobs..
Be happy anyway that you're losing the weight. If you focus on negative points, they can sabotage your efforts. Just be happy about the weight. If you get some sag, consider it a daily reminder to never allow yourself to get overweight ever again. And remember, like someone said, no one will notice unless you're totally naked. But EVERYONE notices when we're overweight.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #14  

there are some exercises with light weights that you can do. Its one of those exercises they tell girls with flatter chests to do to make them "bigger"...in the end, the point is to lift and firm the breasts.hope it works!
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 AM   #15  
Resident Witchling

Quote:
Just be happy about the weight. If you get some sag, consider it a daily reminder to never allow yourself to get overweight ever again.
Wait...so we're supposed to see a "silver lining" to having saggy boobs before the age of 25? Honestly, guys, she's got her worries. They're perfectly valid worries. Why this push to disregard her concerns and tell her to "just be happy you're losing weight"? That's not all there is to this journey, and I'm sure everyone here knows that.

Quote:
And remember, like someone said, no one will notice unless you're totally naked.
No one...except ourselves. And I don't know about you, but if I'm not comfortable in my own body - and being heavy isn't the only thing that will do that to me - I don't care what anyone else thinks about it, good bad or otherwise. Perhaps that's really what May is worrying about, not just other people seeing the sag/not seeing the sag in a bathing suit or whatever.

Quote:
Its one of those exercises they tell girls with flatter chests to do to make them "bigger"...in the end, the point is to lift and firm the breasts.
The breasts are glands and fatty tissue to cushion them. There's no muscle there to firm or lift; those exercises you're talking about are ones to strengthen and tone the pectoral muscles which lie underneath the breasts. And that will help *some*, but it's just not possible to firm/lift one's breasts by exercise alone. Just thought I'd set the record straight on that one.