View Single Post
Old 02-24-2001, 10:56 PM   #23
Parrotwoman

Happy Saturday morning. I thought I'd check in before I tackled that very long to-do list.

Catherine--I hope it went well at the dinner, or, if not, that you thoroughly enjoyed your lapse.

Steph--All of our family is on the other side of the continent, and it is difficult. Of course, I'm so stubborn, I think they should all move to Oregon, because it's such a wonderful state.

Raychel--that's a shame about your BIL. We went through what sounds like a very similar situation with my BIL a number of years ago, and it's very consuming. It's nice to hear that you and DH are doing so much better--it's worth the pain to work on things & stay married, in my humble opinion.

Well, I finished my first week of actually-allowed-to-talk-to-the-public work. I have my first face-to-face appointment next week. I'm really jazzed. The cold-calling stuff is awful, but I love the face-to-face, and I'm making appointments & finding leads. I really think I'm going to love this job. I feel so energized, it's just wonderful. And I'm busy enough that I have to remind myself to take time to eat, which doesn't hurt either. I don't have to be in the office until 9, so I still have time to exercise in the morning.

I found out yesterday that the local athletic club is offering yoga 2 nights and 1 morning a week. I'm going to try to make it at least once a week. I seem to do better with it if I'm in a class at least once in a while.