South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 AM   #1  

Default Phase 1 - Week of February 12

Set your "phasers to 1" as Captain Kirk would say!
Whether you are just starting out or on the home stretch for Phase I, this thread is for you to share ideas, menus and victories.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #2  

Smile Happy Happy Monday!!!!

Today is day 1! OMG I'm so nervous. I haven't been to the 'beach' in at least 6-8 months or more. I was excited to see my weight loss thermometer said that I kept off all but 4 pounds. That was a pleasant surprise. I'm off to check out the FAQs so I can hit the ground with both feet.

Wishing a wonderful day to anyone working their way through P1 or anywhere on the beach for that matter
Old 02-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning - My name is Heather and I'm starting Phase I for the first time today. I have spent the last week reading my book and these boards trying to plan the best I could. Anyway - I went to the grocery store yesterday and stock piled the kitchen and pantry with PI foods - Oh, I'm so hoping to get detoxified and start this process over. -- I do have one question -

Exercise - Do alot of people exercise during PI? I usually hit the gym at least 3days/week and I was hoping that it would help with the weightloss as well - Any comments suggestions are definitely welcomed.

Hope we have some more PI gals on the beach this week!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #4  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Good Morning!

Day 6 today for me!! I had a crazy weekend and couldnt check in at all, but my eating was on track. I am planning to hit the gym this morning after I drop off the kids at school.

Schiatzi - You are most welcome for helping out! Before I start anything, I tend to read, read, read anything I can get my hands on so that I know what I am doing!

Welcome Heather! I dont know about everyone else, but I am planing to hit the gym 3-4 days this week.

Welcome too to KMY68! I didnt mean to skip you! I am still a little foggy this morning! Congrats on keeping most of the weight off! Good for you!

I will check in later!

Last edited by JoviMom; 02-12-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #5  
PurpleSunshine

Karen -
Thanks for the welcome and congrats on day 6 and a successful weekend - that is wonderful!!!
I'm planning on still going to the gym - I just wasn't sure if my energy would be zapped the first few days.....

I'm thinking about heading down to the coffee shop to get me a nonfat latte with some kind of sugar free syrup.......I had a sugar free warm drink this morning - but it was really watered down - didn't make it right.....so I'm needing some caffeine....
Old 02-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #6  
PurpleSunshine

Well, so far I'm having a great day!! I really anticipated not having energy - but I feel wonderful - I'm so excited about trying something new!!!

So here is my diary for the day -
B - 2 Boiled Eggs w/ 3 slices canadian bacon
V8 juice

non-fat sugar free latte

snack - turkey/ham lettuce rollup with mayo
yogurt

lunch - Big salad with cheese(lowfat) , onions, tomatoes, Tuna and Ranch Dressing....

so far so good? any comments - are welcomed.....
Old 02-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #7  

Hi Heather! I am having a good day too! I hit the gym this morning.

Your diary looks good so far! I need to find Canadian bacon. I went grocery shopping yesterday and they were out of it. You just reminded me to go find it later today!

I have only had Breakfast so far.. 3 egs scrambles with a bit of Margarine,, spinach, and parmasian cheese. also one cup of coffee with FF half/half. And I have 4 glasses of water under my belt already with the 2nd 4 in my waterbottle now.

I think I am going to go grab some almonds for a snack...
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #8  
PurpleSunshine

WTG Karen - that sounds awesome!! I got the ready to eat c.bacon - it was pretty yummy - I'm getting ready to have some nuts myself - in my 3:00 meeting!! I feel so good right now just knowing - I've almost made it through day 1 w/o feeling hungry or deprived in any kind of way!! I love it!

I actually went to the gym at lunch and did 45 minutes on the treadmill - combination of fast walking and jogging at various inclines - so I was proud!!!

Any other phase I'ers out there?? Come on out and join us!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #9  

Wow! It has been quiet today hasnt it? Good for you heather! I got a really hungry when I got home from picking up the kids from school. GOod thing I had a stash of celery in the fridge.. that staved me off until dinner!

well, my day is drawing to an end. I am really tired tonight! I forgot how hard the first week back to running can be!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #10  

I hope everyone is doing well today. I somehow survived yesterday. Whooo Hooo me. Today, so far, so good. I do believe that it is pure punishment to have to bake Valentine's Day cookies and dip them in melted chocolate on your second day on the Beach. How cruel. Wish me luck.

Happy VDay tomorrow and wishing your a wonderful rest of today!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #11  

I am sooo proud of you all! Look at all the help and encouragement! I'm "VaKlemped"
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #12  

Hi All!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday! I am my daughter's Browine Leader and we had our meeting then I had a leader's meeting last night.. I was on the run from 8 am to 10 PM!

Today is day 8. Weigh in day! I am proud to announce I lost 3.5 pounds my first week on SB! WOO HOO!!!

I am so happy!

Happy V-Day everyone!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #13  

Whooo Hooo Karen!!! What a beautiful start!

I'm sorry to say that I lost the battle of the cookies yesterday. I spent way too much time making candy and cookies. I did great for a few hours, but when I got tired, I got mindless, so I guess technically, today is once again my first day on the beach. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

For V day I gave hubby and the kiddies each their own pedometer. I said since Valentines day is all about hearts, I wanted them to take care of theirs. My 4 year old put hers on and ran around the house for almost an hours to see how high she could make the numbers go. How sweet!!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Valentines Day!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:15 AM   #14  

Hi everyone I'm just starting phase 1 tomorrow(Thurs) I've been through alot of diets and have had little success I really like weight watchers but just wasn't losing the weight and couldn't stick to it. My Dr recommended SB because I was just diagnosed with Pcos(polycystic overy syndrome) So I'm hoping that SB will help me finally loose some weight. Good luck to everyone else.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 AM   #15  

Carrie, I'm right there with you. I've been on WW forever and ever, and never seem to stick to it. My doc lost about 80# on the Beach and says that the science is sound, so here I am. We can do this. The beginning can be tough, but you'll see, well worth it in the end!!!!
Closed Thread