Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #1  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

Default H2O2 and ACV

I was reading on this site that using apple cidar vinegar as well as hydrogen peroxide are both ways of getting rid of bacteria (such as candidia) as well as other things. Does anyone know if this is true? And how do you use it? I'm trying to drink 2tbps of ACV in 8oz of water at least twice a day. Yah, you try drinking it. Anyway, my healthcare lady said it's good, even though it's acidic. But the site I read said that candidia and other things thrive in an acidic environment in the body. They said you need to add baking soda to turn it more alkaline. So who's right? Is acidic better to kill the stuff, or alkaline? I'm really confused and don't know whom to believe.

Here's the page on H2O2 remedies: http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/..._peroxide.html

The link for the apple cidar vinager is there too. I want to know whom to believe before I drink this stuff for too long. Cause if acidic is bad, I don't want to get more sick.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #2  
it's always something

That website scares me I think there are a lot of natural things we can do for our bodies, but a lot of information out there is based on myths and not proven by science, and can be potentially dangerous - or worse!

Drinking hydrogen peroxide, even diluted "food grade" hydrogen peroxide, can cause ulcers in the stomach or intestines, or even death. I doubt there's a valid reason for drinking it. The American Cancer Society says Drinking food grade hydrogen peroxide can cause vomiting, severe burns of the throat and stomach, and even death. If it gets in the eyes, it can damage the corneas and cause blindness. Direct skin contact with food grade hydrogen peroxide can cause blistering or burns, and breathing its vapors can also be harmful. What kind of healthcare person recommended this to you? Did you ask an M.D.?

I've never run across any information regarding vinegar to make me believe the claims are valid, either. Could it help? The websites that promote it often seem less than reliable, if you know what I mean. If you go to medical websites, however, you'll usually find statements to avoid it because there's a lack of science to back it up. Could it hurt? It probably depends on how much you ingest. It can eat the enamel off of your teeth if you drink it too often. It can also cause a lot of stomach problems, including diarrhea. The claims are that it helps adjust your body's pH level. From what I understand, though, any change is very minor and insignificant, and in order to make a difference, you'd have to drink very large amounts which would make you ill.

Harmful bacteria in the system is usually handled quite well by the body. If you have a problem with candidiasis or something else, you might want to ask your doctor (an M.D.) to prescribe something.

Dr. Weil, who is well known for going back to nature whenever possible, suggests changing your diet, such as cutting back on refined sugars, avoiding dairy, and eating a clove of garlic per day. He also indicates that this is not a problem to be concerned with and that it doesn't cause the problems described on some of those 'other' websites.

This article http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA125503 is interesting

In my personal opinion, maybe it isn't a good idea to try to tinker in this area. The only thing I want to worry about being too acidic is my salad dressing
Old 02-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #3  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

I wasn't going to try the H2O2 anyway. It's too risky, and they aren't very specific on that site. But I am trying the ACV, with some baking soda added to turn it from acid to alkaline. I read last night that when our bodies are too acidic, such as a diet high in fast foods and sugar, that it weakens our immune system and causes bad things to grow and thrive. Then our bodies have a harder time getting rid of them if we maintain that level of acid. I ordered some asian plum paste which is suppose to really get your body back to the alkaline lvl it should be and help maintain it. Plus they said it tastes good on toast and stuff. I'll post an update after I try it. It sounds yummy and healthy.

Just added, I read that site you posted. It says that high estrogen can cause things to get out of control. I have high estrogen, so that might be part of the cause too. I used to use the patch, for about two years, but I haven't for a few years since I got tired of paying for it. I was only using it for the hormones anyway.
Closed Thread