Thread: runners
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #27
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

Ladies, thanks for all the motivation.
Bida, I guess I'm always a little ashamed of my times. I have a couple of other friends that also runs and they are all much faster than me. Hopefully, one day I'll be doing 8-9 minute miles with no problem!

Oh, the race is Sunday March 25. So that gives me enough time to train. Guess what??? I think I have that bug back in me. I have decided to sign up for the race. I ran today on this indoor track (9 laps is approximately a mile on this track), and I felt so good! My time was slower than the treadmill. I did 2.4 miles in 29 minutes and 31 seconds, but it felt so much better. I could have ran for longer, but I stopped because I was up to 23 laps and I told myself that I will run for 30 minutes and I didn't want to stop halfway through a lap. I know I am horrible! Anyways, I'm going try to follow the Chicago Area Running Association training schedule. If not, then I'll do Hal Higdon. My basic plan is to run at least 3 times during the weekdays for 30 - 40 minutes each. Then, I'm going to do the long runs outside (pray for me ya'll, I live out here in Chicago--but I'm originally from Brooklyn) according to one of those two training programs. If I can get to running 5 miles straight, then I am good. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to raise money for a charity. I was thinking about doing the American Cancer Society. But, I'm also thinking about signing up for the NY marathon (I'm one of those people that jump full force into an idea, but then lose interest after a while). I've always wanted to do the NY marathon and I figure since the bug is in me, then I should do it.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote