Old 02-12-2007, 05:13 AM   #1  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Insomniac Snack Attack

As I write this it is 2:15am and although I'm tired I can't sleep. I'm pretty sure there are more of us out there too, and if I'm the only one who has trouble sleeping once in a while I'll eat my hat! Well, that's the problem... right now I might consider eating my hat because it has been so long since my last meal! I have been trying to trick my stomache into believing that water and decaf tea will do the trick, but this gut is no fool (and I am tired of going to the bathroom every 10 minutes!). So, aside from trying to entertain myself until my brain is ready to shut down for the night, I am posing the question: should I even be considering eating something this late? If so, what should I eat? If not, any recommendations for getting to sleep?
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Kim, I don't have any recommendations for getting to sleep. I am a morning person, so that is not a problem for me.
If you have to eat something, try some SF jello. 1/2 cup = 1 condiment. Maybe something like this will trick your stomach.

Talk to your COD and see what they recommend. In the meantime, I'm sure somebody else on here could chime in with what they do.

Good Luck and keep us informed!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #3  

Fruit
Miss Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

If you are hungry......you should eat. I would talk to the COD about this. If you are burning more calories by not sleeping, then you ought to be allowed to consume a few more. I would try something like baby carrots with a little ranch, or celery w/ 1/2 dose of peanutbutter, or something that gives you the snacky crunch feeling w/o too many calories. I know......I never thought baby carrots (6 of them) or a grapefruit would ever make me feel satisfied......but with much practice and patience..........it really does happen. I am still amazed when I realize that, 'dang.....that orange tasted really good....and I'm not even hungry anymore.....after one stinkin orange. And, this did not happen overnight for me. It has been 14 weeks, and I am just beginning to notice the change in my thinking. When your body is truly "hungry," then you NEED to feed it. People that do not have weight problems eat when they are hungry.......the difference is, they (I know, we all have that one skinny friend/family memeber that eats anything and everything and never gains weight) eat ONE serving, and choose healthy foods that offer real nutrition......not mostly fat and sugar. Nutritious foods are the ones that will satisfy the hunger, not just mask it. If COD does not have a good strategy, let us know..........between a few of us......we can set you up. This is a very real issue, and there IS a way to get through it. I wish I could help you on the sleep thing. I am sure you have heard all of the standard advice, and if it worked........you wouldn't have made this post. Let us know if COD is of any REAL help
xoxo
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote