South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Successful Weekend West Coast Chicks

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Let's prove to ourselves we can have just as much control on the weekend as we do during the week.

Some have to work, others have kids, household chores, clothes to wash, etc...others can just rest and read...no matter the circumstances we can all make it through this weekend with a little planning: by preparing our SB meals ahead, drinking a bit of water every time we walk into the kitchen, getting in a little excercise and most of all 'be good to ourselves!

Today DD is coming to spend time with MamaJo and MamaJo is very excited because we are going to celebrate DD's birthday! I will treat her to either lunch or dinner and we can go to church together tonight...maybe watch a good movie on TV later in the evening or just have a night of 'girl talk'!

I wish you all the very best weekend!

I love you sis!

I love you sis!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Mamajok, that's a wonderful quote for the day, and it's going to be my new mantra! I hope you and DD have a nice day together celebrating her birthday. What are you going to make for dinner, or are you going out? And how's your sister, Lubajo? I miss her and hope she gets her DSL back up and working again soon!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

A Bright and Cheerie Good Morning to All

well, I sure missed out from coming here, checking in, and reading all the fine post yesterday...We lost our internet.
no doubt some problem with the Fiber Octic line coming into "Behind The Redwood Curtain". Yes we do indeed live in Northern CA...where we are sometimes forgotten by the rest of CA.

Today it is raining here but I have the "Son" in my heart.
Going to Sabbath School today and then meeting 3 of my daughters for lunch. Even DH is going to join us...To be with any of our daughters is pure joy...They all live within 14 miles of us but they all live busy lives, working, raising families, etc.

DH. is cooking Oatmeal for breakfast and is just about ready...I will be back later to check in again and get caught up with the post?

Love to you all...and a very special love to sis!!! Lu
Old 02-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #4  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, all.

MammaJo, how lovely for you to have a whole day with your daughter. It's been too long since I've seen my mom. Enjoy the birthday celebration!

lubajok, how lucky to have your family so close! Enjoy your lunch out.

Me - tired of the third week of no scale change. Time to hit the gym and cut back on the fruit. (sniffle)
Old 02-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #5  

Hi girls...The movie, DH, 3 daughters and I went to see was called "Because I Said So" Diane Keaton..A very funny movie. Good movie for mothers with Daughters.

Mama Jo...Wish you and DD could go see the above...so cute...bring back our raising of our daughters. Tomorrow is your big day with DH coming home..Hot night at your place...smile

Cottage: I missed you too....terrible when I can't check in on you girls and post messages.

Cinderly: Hang in there baby..and yes cut back on the fruit. Too high in sugar especially Bananas and Pineapple.

I posted a question on making Granola and Schalze came up with a good one...good read it and think about making it...I think I figured out the cal...etc...it is so good to be able to find something that adds a bit of crunch to Jell-o, etc.. Off I go to make some...Love to you all...Lu
Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Beatufiul Sunday Morning to you girls...

Cottage, Lubajo and Cinderly...DD and I had a wonderful day together. We basically just chilled. We did drive into Bellingham to check out a couple stores...bought nothing if you can believe that! We ended up back at the house to eat the rest of the Sausage soup I had made on Friday then DD followed me back into Bellingham to go to church. It was a great service as usual. DD headed South and I headed North. I gave DD an amethyst ring that she had admired through the years...she was thrilled. I am so blessed to have three wonderful adult children.

I came home and started to eat ....and eat ...and eat ...nothing Off program but could not seem to stop the cravings so I just gave up and went to bed. Got on the scale this morning and it has not shown up yet! I will be extra careful this week and drink loads of water and hopefully it will be okay. I think a whole week w/o DH came into effect. I am so happy I get to pick him up at four this afternoon. Life will be normal once again.

Girls...where are all the girls? Cinderly, sis and Cottage lets send out good vibes for them to come back...we need to stick together like glue to make it work this time around. If I have to be accountable it helps me to stay on program better...I promise to do better this week.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #7  

Well it is now 8:54 A.M. Breakfast is over...I had those very good Belgian Waffles, always a Sunday Morning treat for me.

I made the Granola that was posted and it taste pretty good...but I would leave out the Cin. next time.

I miss you girls from the West Coast. Where are you?

Off I go to get ready for a so called relaxing day with DH.

Love you sis!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I was MIA this weekend! My brother and his gf came to visit, they have SUCH a different lifestyle from us.. so it was a little shocking for me. My body is SO tired today. This morning my bf and I got up, went to Costco, had lunch and then came home to find my brother still in his pj's, and his gf just out of the shower. It was 12pm!!

I am back 100% on plan tomorrow, I am feeling so much better. Our fridge is stocked and my mindset is back to getting thinner and healthier

Hope you all had a great weekend!

-Aimee
Closed Thread