Thread: runners
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #24
junebug41
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Rai, First of all, Welcome! These girls will make you proud to call yourself a "runner". I think that is so cool that you did the marathon! My first inclination after reading that is to say, "5 miles? No sweat!!!" I too, have running blocks that I will have to overcome. My first hurdle is doing that ever important first race, which I'm doing in May (The Nike 5k). I don't think I've ever run 3.1 miles straight because I've never had the fire under me to do so. I know that when the time comes, my body will be ready and my mind will have to just catch up.

I think you can do it. We have a way of not really knowing what we're capable of until we just go out there and get the job done. I mean, you've run/walked a marathon! I don't think there's any doubt that you can physically do it.

As for running aides, when I run outside I don't really need my ipod unless I'm on a track as I'm usually distracted enough by my busy neighborhood (that and I worry about getting mugged!). I do find it necessary if I'm on a track or a treadmill and I find that I run much further on the street. However, I think BF is getting me the pink ipod shuffle that just clips on you and I might change my mind on that!

But yeah, I think you can do it (just judging by what you've written). You certainly won't know until you try. And if you have to stop, who cares? You know will make it to the finish line and it will be so rewarding once you do.

Man, a whole marathon. you certainly have my admiration!

2011- putting on the baby weight
2012- TAKING OFF THE BABY WEIGHT
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote