General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default Valentine's Day advice!!! please!! :-D

Ok...so this is going to be the first year pretty much EVER that I will have a good valentine's day (I'm 27 and only one time ever had a good one - when I was 18 / in high school)...

So I've been dating my boyfriend now for 5 months and I really want to get him something special yet not "too much" for v-day this year.

I know he's gonna go all out for me. I don't know WHAT he's gonna get...but he's been dropping hints - and even told me he actually went to buy me George Strait tickets and would have gone with me - but ended up not because of how expensive they are...the thing is...he HATES - no DESPISES country music yet he was going to get them for me and go with me. How sweet is that?

So yeah...because of stuff like that I have NO idea what he's GOING to get me - but I have a feeling it'll be something good.

I told him about a shirt I had my mom go pick up for me that I was GOING to give him for V-day but decided just to give it to him as an everyday/after-superbowl gift...he's from Illinois and has always been a bears fan - but of course his loyalties lay with the colts...and being a "region-rat" myself - (northwest indiana - more a part of chicago than indiana...lol) anyways - the shirt has the "C" for the chicago bears and inside that C has the colts logo - and it says, "commitment issues" which i just absolutely LOVED...so my mom went and got them for me and sent them down here to indy...but yeah...i figured not a good thing for valentine's day...lol - i told him about them already and he laughed, he can't wait to see it.

but so yeah...anyways, the POINT of this post is...i REALLY want to get him something nice. and i KNOW valentine's day IS more of a girl's day than a guy's...but i just don't know what to get him. and he's not a romantic type really - so i'm NOT reversing roles and getting him chocolate and flowers or anything...but i REALLY would appreciate some suggestions. btw, he's 33 (i'm 27).

thanks for any input!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Get him something that he will use. Don't get all cutesy--you're both old enough not to have to go that route. Gourmet chocolate (small--so you don't get tempted!), a CD of his favorite music, a good book with a new bookmark. Something along those lines. If you simply cannot forgo the cutesy thing, make it a decoration on the packaging--wrap it all up really pretty and put a little stuffed bear on top.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good ideas Alinnell - once for valentines day (which sadly for me is also hubbys bday) I got him some nice candies and then wrapped each one in a reason I love him. It was sweet and he really liked it.

If all else fails you can always get something nice for yourself and handsomely reward him for being so sweet to you
Old 02-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would agree with getting him something small, you don't have to go all out. DH and I don't celebrate V-day because neither of us care for it much. Usually though, we'll have a nice dinner together, I'll buy a chocolate fudge cake from Trader Joe's (its good and even low fat! but still calorie rich) and we'll watch a movie. I think last V-day he brought some flowers home and some crusty bread (I love crusty bread) to go with our dinner. It was sweet and nice
Old 02-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

nelie~I'm gonna have to look for that cake! Sounds yummy.

lizzi~your idea sounds so cute! But my, what a lot of work!!
Closed Thread