South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thankful Thursday Chitterchatter

Just as I sat down here at my kitchen table this morning, I noticed we are having the most beautiful sunrise. The sky is all pink and orangy, really pretty! It just got me thinking how lucky we are, and to appreciate and enjoy each day to the fullest. We are truly blessed.

I have to take the girls to school today, then run errands for Cindy. After school the girls have got to finish making their Valentine cards, and that should about take care of my day. Salmon sounds good for supper, with an assortment of roasted veggies.

So what're you doing today?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, I totally agree with your chat title today! I have a sign hanging in my south looking kitchen window that says "O what a beautiful morning!" It's the best view of the sunrise and the back meadow. Of course, at my advanced age, every morning I wake up with everything working is a blessing!

Quick wave and glug! Lots to do this morning as Donna comes to clean and I still have tidying and a financial report to do plus other desk stuff. I did get some "Spring" clothes for Florida yesterday and will be spending the PM shortening the pants! (I wonder how much it costs to get my legs lengthened.)

Have a lovely day, Chickies.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Just popped in to say "good morning' East South Beach Girls!

My morning is still dark outdoors but I anticipate a beautiful day! Like you say Ruth, "just being alive and kicking' is a plus as our age.

Cottage have fun with those girls and the Valentines!

Gotta run and put the coffee pot on so I can actually 'wake up'! I too have a busy day...excercise and leading a small group here tonight...Ruth if you find a bargain on 'long legs' let me know please...I have the same problem. Always nice to get a new spring outfit!

Have a great Thursday all.

I love you sis.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Hello all -

Well, it seems pretty blustery out there today, but it is winter so not a big suprise! Only half a day at work today as DH and I leave for Niagara Falls after lunch. Not sure what we were thinking going farther north in February but I am looking forward to wine tasting and then enjoying the hotel pool and lots of naps. He will be off playing board games (the real reason for the trip).

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and a wonderful weekend!

Ally
Old 02-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #5  

Morning gals...

Quick check in from work before the day gets going.

Cottage I love your title as well. With all the stress DH and I have been going through I think we sometimes don't stop and reflect on all that we DO have!!

Ruth When exactly do you leave for FL?

Mama See, you don't need your own thread! You can get in here plenty early. Have a great day!

Ally Have a great time with your DH- that shounds lovely!

Gotta go, meals are planned for the day........ just need to stick to it!!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gee, Mamajok, too funny! We aren't "East" Beachers. I am in central Canada and there are lots of prairie and mid-west chicks. And then there's Texas! I think Little Chick is the only East Chick. I'll let you know if I find a bargain on leg lengthening!

Amasam, Brrrrr! The Falls used to freeze in winter but I doubt that they are frozen this year. Are you staying on the USA or the Canadian side? Despite the weather, it will be nice for you and DH to get away and it sounds like you have good plans, especially the pool and nap part AFTER the wine tasting.

Kiko, I really love seeing your smiling face in your avatar in the mornings! I'd put my pic in my avatar but have had the two dogs for years. Peopel miught not recognize me if I change.

I have the recycle stuff out at the road, the downstairs is tidy and, as soon as Donna gets here, I am going to go up to my sewingroom. I kind of overdid it on buying clothes yesterday but everything was 1/3 off so I don't feel too guilty. The stuff is all new for Spring too which I can't figure out. Maybe they were just trying to encourage shoppers to buy early. Anyhow, I have three pair of pants, five tops, a sheer dressy blouse and camisole, a heavy cotton jacket and some jewellery. Now to figure out what will fit the carry-on. I guess I could just dress in layers going down and look like the Michelin Man. I have to do carry-on as I have some tricky changes and luggage gets lost sometimes. Coming home won't matter as much as I can leave any stuff I buy (or am sick of!) with my friends to drive home at the end of the month.

The Girls are woofing so Donna must be here! See y'all later.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Morning all. I'm up doing some laundry before I head in to work (ewww)
Nit sure what's on the menu for today, but I have to be good. I've done some dumb stuff lately & I'm stuck at the current weight.
Off to do some exercise!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!!
I have been up and working on an instruction manual for the last few hours... but I reheated some yummy Taco Bake for breakfast and that gave me the energy to finish up the paper work and submit it!!

I wanted to go to the gym today... but i have a late meeting tonight and am not sure when I will be getting home. I think I am going to pack my bag and keep it in the car... just in case.

Well... hope everyone has a good day!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

Cottage your reminder to be thankful today was perfect! I live in Central Florida where many people don't have a roof over their heads. To wake up in my warm snuggly bed is a lot to be thankful for!

Ruth, it is the best weather here! Today's high is 74F and sunny skies. Just right. I'm sure you will have a great time and your spring clothes sound great for the temps we've been having. I'm such a wimp about the cold. Don't know what i'd do if I lived where it snowed. My kids think they need mittens when it's 65 out.

Have a wonderful day everyone,
Old 02-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls.

Cottage: Oh, how I too love beautiful Sun Rises. The colors are outstanding. Salmon sounds good, we just had it, so its SB Bean soup for us tonight. Have fun finishing those Valentines.

Ally: Oh lucky you...The falls are so beautiful! Been all the way there 3 times. Doubt we ever will see them again in this life, so you go and take them in for me too.

While there last time, I bought a bottle of Maple Syrup in a very cute jar shaped like a Mable Leaf...I treasure it and refill it each time it gets empty to remind us of our wonderful time there.

What kind of Board Games? clue? Monopoly?

Kiko: Yes, mama Jo is always up before the chickens. She has always been an eary riser...I can't seem to get in gear until around 7.

Ruth: Good time and only time to really buy is when clothes are on sale...Sounds like you had a lot of fun doing so. There was a program on Oprah yesterday....Every time you buy something new to wear you should throw or give away something old in your closet. smile...

I am going to miss you. Have a wonderful time and soak up lots of that nice wonderful warm sunshine for all of us.

Soon to be: Hi Sweet one!

Shena: Sounds like another super busy day for you. Hope you get to go to the gym...A good way to unwine.

Mama Jo: So glad here, that you are going to exercise at the Club House as it is so close to where you life and you wil meet other nice ladies there.

Say a prayer in your small group tonight about the propects of me getting another new hip...appreciate that...I love you so very much.

Shelly: Welcome!!! Please sent some of your sunshine west to us...I want to work in my garden again!!! Have a good day feasting the warmth all in and enjoy every moment of it...
Old 02-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #11  

Quick Hi, everyone. Busy day. I didn't get lunch until 3:30! I've got to get out of work now so I can fix dinner and make it to Roundtable. Maybe I'll have more time tomorrow. I sure hope so.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #12  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi

Boy the board has slowed down alot, by this time I have to post on the second page. Well the kids were out of school again. Not sure why. Even the kids who live in the country went to school today.

I made some yummy soup tonight by just throwing alot of stuff together. I swear those are always my best dishes. Ofcoarse I can never quite duplicate them.

Well thats all for now. Take care

Stinger
Old 02-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Hey everyone...waiting for my small group to show up so thought I'd drop in and say 'Hey'!

Ruth, where I live everyone is east of me...tee hee!
I was measured yesterday by the nurse for the sister study and she swears I am 5'3/4"...I KNOW I'm at least 5' 1"!!!...hence the short legs!

Stinger, I'm with you for taking what I have a making a great meal out of it. My DH says I am a wonderful cook and a fast one at that!

Hey Barb!

Shelly knits, DH is back in Mississippi as I type helping re-build...next stop most likely Florida...waking up in a warm bed is a blessing for sure.

Shenanigans, I just have to make that Taco Bake everyone raves about...to the store tomorrow.........

soon2Bfab, are we dumb and dumber...in other words, ME TOO!

Kiko, I'll continue to check in...Smile!

amasam, pools, wine tasting, naps..........count me in...oops maybe that's not such a good idea...oh well, nice thought.

Have a great tomorrow all!

I love you sis!
Closed Thread