Old 02-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Chit Chat for February

We used to have a thread here before that we did on a monthly basis, but I'd be happy to see it become so busy that we had to change it to a weekly thread!!

It's just a place that the 100lbers can come and talk about how life is in general and not feel it all has to be about weight loss (although it can be too!)

Things with me are going pretty well. I have been back on plan for a little over 2 weeks and I am feeling pretty good about it. I am doing real well with the food and even better with the exercise! What a great feeling it is to want to exercise! I even went yesterday after both my boys bailed on me because of the weather!

Other than that, things are pretty much SSDD. I am excited because I am having a purse party on Sunday. There is a lady in my area who makes handmade purses. You get to pick the material, the ribbon or whatever you want on it and the handles and size. I can't wait!

How is everyone else??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #2  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I am great. OP with both diet and excersize and feeling fantastic. Pretty sure my scale is broken, it's reading 230 and I *know* that ain't right, so my daughter has her 3 yr well baby visit tomorrow, I'll use their scale, I know they're calibrated once in awhile. The thing with this scale, it says 230 no matter what time of day it is, what I'm wearing, etc, it always says 230. So, if its wrong, I will be SO happy, cus frankly, it seriously depressed me.

We're <my family>, completely stoked about our upcoming move, realtors and apt. managers are sending us brochures, emails full of pictures etc. My kids beg to watch the live beach cams every morning, first thing! So, they're ready for some warmer weather. We moved to KY from Los Angeles, CA. we were only about 2 miles from the beach so it was our uber cheap weekend deal with the kids, they miss it, so do we. But that water is WAY to cold for sane people to swim in, it'll be nice to have them swimming in the same water I learned to swim it.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #3  
Losin' it forever!

Hi ladies,

Today on the east coast, school was cancelled due to about an inch of snow The worst part was that today was grocery day and taking two boys to Walmart is not something I cherish! But it's done and we all survived!

I have a question....my weight tracker will not show my current weight. I even went in last night to try to re-do it and I had the same problem. Where am I botching this up?
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Did you add the slider?
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Sandi..
what's the name of the purse company?

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

LakeGirl--it's not showing your current weight because the slider that marks your current weight is too close to the end where your starting weight is, so they would overlap and be unreadable. I had the same problem when I had a ticker for my long-term goal. It will show up when the slider moves further down the ticker

Sandi--thanks for starting this! I do remember having these threads in the past--sometimes, they're hot, other times, they're duds. Let's get this one fired up!

As for me, my sister had a baby girl a couple weeks ago, so I am officially an aunt now (and the ONLY aunt she will ever have since her father is an only child, and I am my sister's only sibling). Her name is Isabelle (Izzy), and she was jaundice, but it's getting better. And she's so freakin' cute, I just can't get enough of her! Makes me wish my sister and I didn't live 3-4 hours apart, but such is life.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #7  

Jillybean -- you wait until she's a little older!! My sister lives 3 1/2 hours away, and comes to visit my boys every month -- we never tell them she's coming and it's like Christmas when she walks through the door! You are going to be her "second mom", wait. It is amazing - as a mom it's just so special to know my sister is probably the only person who loves my boys as much as I do and they absolutely adore her. There is nothing as special as an aunt who thinks the world revolves around everything you do. You, your sister and her baby are going to have so much fun together!

Okay, I rambled, but found this thread and thought it was nice to find a spot people are talking about something other than their weight, food intake, etc. for a change. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Dana- It's a little company called Little B's. I get mine free for having the party!

swimgirl - Yup...jillybean is right, I just tested it. Not to worry, we can see it says 7 lbs lost!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I've been in withdrawal all day! I was able to log onto 3FC earlier this morning, then I couldnt get logged back in all day long. It kept timing out on me! Argghhh!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #10  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Default Hi Everyone...

I am feeling kind of restless today. Taryn (21months) had a stomach virus Monday and Tuesday and she still isn't back to eating properly. She has just been either in tears or Velcro. With the very cold weather I am starting to climb the walls. Luckily none of the other kids has gotten it.

Does anyone else get tired of figuring out what to serve for dinner each night? I would love to win the lottery and hire a chef/housekeeper. Mmmmm
good dreams for cold days.
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #11  
Losin' it forever!

Thank you, Jill! That makes sense!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great idea Sandi. Glad to hear you're back on plan. The first few weeks really are difficult. Hang in there any way that you can. I did some crazy things the first few weeks in order to stay on track. I actually had to put food under the faucet to render it inedible. It wasn't pretty.

Girlygirl, I too had trouble all day with this site. I still am. I hope this post gets through.

Lakegirl, they close school for one tiny inch? Uch.

Casey, stomach viruses really can be the pits. Stay healthy. And I would absolutely love a chef. And winning the lottery. Not necessarily in that order. Any order will do.

Jilly, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an aunt. How exciting!!! What a beautiful name. Shelby's right, you 2 are going to have an incredible relationship.

I'm off to go finish cooking my stir fry. TTYL.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Jill, congratulations on becoming an aunt! Yeah, the jaundice should go away soon. I predict you'll be making that drive more often now.

Lakegirl, I thought only in the Pac. NW did they close schools for such a little amount of snow. When I lived in Colorado and Idaho, I swear it took about a foot or more before the schools closed.

Here's a photo from where I spent the last couple of weeks. Saw that from my lanai every night. I love Maui.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mauisunset.jpg (44.0 KB, 9 views)
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow, Sheila! That looks like a postcard. It must have been really hard to leave that behind.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

WOW - what a view!! Never been to Hawaii yet - it's on the list though!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote