Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2007, 02:34 AM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Hi to all the NIGHT OWLS out there!

Hey there, Night Owls!

So, why are WE awake when all the rest of civilization is ASLEEP?

For me it is finally getting a number of nights of eight-hour sleep since I retired! I spent a lifetime of burning the candle at both ends and sleeping just four or maybe five hours a night. I think I have gotten caught up on my sleep!

It also might be that I have so much more energy since I lost weight.

Maybe it's the THREE LITERS of water I drank yesterday!

Could be that my tummy is grumbling...

So, why are YOU GUYS awake at this hour?

Cheryl The Night Owl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #2  

Default I'm awake

because I'm frustrated.

I have actually GAINED weight since yesterday - my scale is veering back towards 166 and I HATE IT. I can't sleep and I'm sitting here worrying and cursing myself.

I HATE LIFE. I HATE BEING AS LARGE AS I AM AND TWICE AS NATURAL AS THE NEXT PERSON.
dhvaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

166 isn't fat! -=hugs=-

I wish I were! Just keep in there!

I'm up because I have a lot of anxiety and I'm organizing my diet. I'm also worrying over school and the 3 days I missed so far...I'm scared of teachers and their opinions of me...and I'm scared to face up to things like that.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:51 AM   #4  

Default I needed that hug!

Thank you, Gamerchick.

It's more about just my weight, actually. I signed up for some fitness sessions that aren't going too well!

I paid through my nose for those sessions - that's money I could have used to pay for my textbooks! I am such an idiot sometimes.

What a coincidence! I'm worried about school, too. I have 21 units, 3 of them online. I have a ton of assignments to catch up on and I'm depressed since last night. I missed gym yesterday and today isn't my day (I can only go M/W/F/Sun). I was feeling really low so I didn't even go out to walk. Then I got on the scale and that pound I lost last week is creeping back on. I am only 5'3" and chronic diabetic. My vision is already threatened, so I can't afford to be as big as I am now.

What classes are you taking and what program are you in?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:12 AM   #5  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Joining the ranks of the students...I'm awake trying to finish an assignment that's due at 9:30 AM tomorrow morning. Syntax; Linguistics major. Core class for the major. The silver lining is that I've already taken the class; I'm just doing it again to get the official credit for doing so. So it's not *hard*, just time-consuming.

Need...sleep...
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:13 AM   #6  

I am in high school and I just basically worry over everything and anything. I missed a bunch of school and I got to go back tomorrow...and to I'm really tired, too. I want to sleep...I'm just worried. I'll need to do a bunch of homework when I get home. I'm not even feeling well to go tomorrow. I've missed 3 days. -=sighs=-

I get depressed all the time, too.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 AM   #7  

Awwwwwwwwww sweetie... you're practically a baby!

WTF is your Mom thinking of, to treat you as she does?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:32 AM   #8  

Nikaia, are you at UC - Santa Cruz?

I'm ... believe it or not ... a friggin' NUTRITION AND DIETITICS major, so I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT. Who wants to take dietary advice from an obese dietitian? DANG!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:38 AM   #9  

XD

I have considered wanting to help girls with eating disorders when I'm older...but I too can't have an eating disorder.

And I wish someone would baby me once in awhile -=hugs=-
Old 02-07-2007, 03:47 AM   #10  

But hey! The best thing someone wants from someone who they're paying is someone with EXPERIENCE! And you'll have personal experience to give.

I'd rather have someone who understands how it is to be bigger, than to have some skinny lady behind the desk telling me things she's memorized from a book and never had to worry about in her entire life...being all stingy and pissed because she can't understand "how the world has come to these youngin's being so plump n' sassy. GRAWR!"
Old 02-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #11  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, Dhvaya, I'm at UCSC. Graduating this spring, in fact! I agree with Gamerchick, by the way. I'd rather have someone who KNOWS firsthand how hard it is to lose weight than someone who's never been overweight in her life.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote