South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Toot Toot Tuesday West Coast Chicks on the Beach

Good Morning Chicks...

Hope this fine day gives you a whole new outlook. Of course I say 'fine' before it's even light outside! I'm sure it's will be fine no matter the weather.

BabyGrant - and have a wonderful SB Wednesdat start!

MorningStar - Don't get discouraged...I am never going to give up and neither should you...get back on that horse! The first thing we all need to do is quit beating ourselves up if we mess up now and again.

Swimgirl - I sure hope you're feeling better today?

Sis, did you get all those strawberry plants ready to give off those wonderful gifts for waffles?

Me - Doctor going to do extensive tests in the following days. I feel better just knowing that. Today I have excercise class then going out to lunch with a group of very good friends. I know I can order something to keep me legal on SB so not to worry. DH called last night and they're all set up in a tiny room on cots...there's five men in a room about 12'X10' if you can imagine!
Today they start their work but last night they didn't have a clue to what they would be doing today.

Have a great day girls!

I love you sis!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Morning Girls: With a warm wind blowing this morning I am hoping I get the rest of the Ivy planted before it rains again...That nice warm rain will be nice on my newly planted Strawberry plants and the Ivy...But please wait until I am done...

The Ivy goes along a fence between us and our neighbors...Sure helps make yards more private...We took down a hedge as it became too tall and too much work for DH to keep trimned.

Going to Town today (20 miles) to get See's Candy for a Friends Birthday, and to my favorite places to shop...Costco and Winco.

And what are you all doing this fine day? I will be back to read your post. Best to you all.

Sis: So proud of you to go to exercise with out DH. He will find you so much lighter when he gets back.:

I lost another lb.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:03 PM   #3  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Hi All!

May I join you? I am a west coast gal myself!

Im Karen, I just started phase 1 today! I am an atkins girl switching due to the strictness of atkins not helping with my prednisone and asthma issues. I lost 66 pounds on atkins and kept it off until march when the asthma madness started. THe doctor told me to switch to help with the cravings.

I am a 40 year old SAHM/WAHM of 2 in Western WA state, about 20 - 30 miles north of Seattle. But I am a California Native, from the SF Bay Area, with a 5 year stint in Chico attending college.

Day one so far so good!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning! I am feeling a little better today - no fever!! Thank goodness, I felt like it was never going to pass. Today I am just dealing with a swollen throat and still a little weak. I have to admit I am NOT on plan. Sunday was good until the night when my bf fed me 2 french fries and gave me a HUGE glass of iced tea. Yesterday I didn't eat until like 8pm, I ate chicken nuggets and a pop. Today I am just focusing on fluids, lots and lots of fluids.

mamajok - look at you go, exercise queen! And you are staying completely on plan without your DH! Great work, keep it up!

lubajo - whats winco? Congrats on the pound!

Karen - Welcome! I have found South Beach to be less restrictive than Atkins, I am a fruit lover and have found the high fats on Atkins just made my body hurt at times! I'm sure you'll do fine with this program, keep it up!

Thats it from me for now.. I need a nap! ttyl!

-Aimee

PS - do you think weight loss from being sick counts??

Last edited by SwimGirl; 02-06-2007 at 01:57 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

When I saw the title this morning, I wondered if you chickies had really been into the legumes.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the welcome.

My name is Angela. I am a 25 year old stay at home mom of two boys. Austin is 3 and Brody is 1. I am hoping to go back to school next month full time to become a Health Care Aide. I am stressed out waiting to find out if I have been approved for funding or not.

I am 5'7, 172ish lbs. I haven't really tried many diets. I did try the Eat To Live program (strict vegan program) but failed miserably. I realized I'm not meant to be a vegan. I also did the Ultimate Weight Solutions for a while but it wasn't really doing too much for me. I have just been doing my own thing. I jsut fell back into old ways though and I need an actual program and I need to plan my meals. It's amazing that it takes 21 days to make a new habit, but only 1 day to fall back into old habits.

Anyways, I just got done 35 minutes of Turbo Sculpt and 20 minutes of Turbo Cardio Party.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Karen: Glad to have you with us. What does
SAAM/WAHM mean? my sis, Mamajok live north of you.
We all hope to meet up together someday. Mamajok and I were both born in SF. CA natives.

Aimee: Glad you are startin to perk up...I pray you will continue getting better each day.

Winco, is one of the best Grocery Stores...Cheaper than Safeway or Rays, in our area...Started in Oregon. Big Store with lots to pick from.

Angela: Glad you are on this site with all us West Coasters.
You are on your way to success.
Wow! Wonderful exercise today ... Good girl

As For me this evening: Going to aquarobics class and then Jello when I get home...I do look forward to having that one low C. treat at night.

Tomorrow morning DH and I head north 40 miles to a hospital for a shot in my back...Keep me in your prayers and thoughts...thanks loads...
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I'm not Karen but I can answer your question about the SAHM/WAHM. SAHM = Stay At Home Mom and WAHM = Work At Home Mom
Closed Thread