View Single Post
Old 02-20-2001, 01:54 AM   #19
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sara, I am with you, I don't plan to gain more than 15 lbs. All my nursing books say that women who are already overweight shouldn't gain more than that. However you have to have a very nutritious diet as the baby can use your fat stores but must get nutrients like vitamins, minerals, protein etc from your daily intake and obviously you must be taking enough to satisfy your own requirements as well.

Scully, I have wrote down the name of that pregnancy diet book and will definately have a look for it. thanks for the info.

A great book I have picked up is called Your Pregnancy Week by Week by Glade B. Curtis MD OB/GYN and Judith Schuler MS. My hubby especially likes it. There is a CD ROM with our edition but we haven't had it in the computer yet to see what it is all about.

Still feeling this cold. Mostly I am just coughing with a bit of a sniffle. I've been sucking on Halls cough drops and I've got some Vicks vaporub so hopefully I can get through this without resorting to any medications.

Take care all.