Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default I didn't know fitday did this!

I have had the downloaded version of fitday for a couple years.

Today I found out there is a way to not only log food, but WHERE you ate it, who you ate it with and WHY you ate it (hunger, emotion, time, party, which emotion, sweet craving, salt craving etc.)

I wouldnt want to do it all the time, but given struggles with emotional eating and gatherings, it might be a useful thing to log a few specific scenarios. (i.e. log emotional eating, or log strong cravings)

Then there are charts available to to see over time what impact it has/causes, success of strategies to overcome, etc.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

Oh, that's a cool feature. I use the online version (sometimes), but find it a little too tedious to do regularly.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE my fitday!! I bought the pc version because I was afraid the internet would go down and I wouldn't be able to get to it!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

So far, I use the free fitday here. I love it. I do use my journal page on most days. I keep lists of my stressors that are going on. I also list the good things that I have going on, my weight, my exercise. I have added a lot of custom foods to my list. Someday I may order the downloaded version.

The thing I like best is I put all my food for the day in that morning. So, my meals are completely planned and my snacks. I know ahead of time what my calories will be that day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I just started using FitDay last week, but I will tell you that it has helped me tremendously already! I now know that I was eating way more calories before FitDay and actually wondering why I wasn't losing weight! Duh!!!

I use the regular free version. It is fine for me. What I REALLY like about it is being able to check how I am doing as the day progresses as to the NUTRITION I am getting. I DO wish there was a way of incorporating my vitamin amounts so I'd get the complete picture. Come to think of it, I can probably add their nutrients as a "custom food", right?

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I showed my mom Fitday and she went ahead and bought the download. I just use the one online. She likes the download because she can enter food once and add it to both her AND dad's lists. I saw an option for "Mood Tracking". Is that it? Didn't get a chance to check it out, but I when I saw it I mentioned to mom that stress and being tired can affect your eating habits so she might want to check the mood tracker and see what it does.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

The download version has a lot more to it than the online one. You can track things many different ways. it has a LOT more to it ..... I am still learning it all. Well worth the $20. IMO.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

You can input your vitamin as a custom food, just give it no cal, fat, protein, etc. I put mine in because I am really bad about taking it. There wasn't a place for everything that is in the vitamin, but most everything is there.

You can also track your water in fitday.
Spideranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

The day they make the web version updateable with the download version is the day I chip in my $20....I love Fitday - but I like to be able to update from multiple computers and have a public page.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Cheryl, I'm like you , I was really underestimating my daily calories before starting to use Fitday. I found I had been eating 2300 calories a day. That was a shock to me. I actually lost my weight on that many. I'm now eating more sensibly with healthier varieties and having 1700-1800 a day. No wonder I kept feeling like maintenance was so dang hard and I felt like instead of staying the same weight, I was up 5, or down 5 for a long time.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Cheryl, are you the person who had been on a plateau for several months at 209 lbs? If so, I notice you're down to 205 now in very quick time!

I lost about 5 pounds in 5 months before fitday and clearly it was because I was eating way more calories than I thought. I was so discouraged and thought I had a metabolism problem, but things have been going really well since I started accurately counting calories.

Chick in the Hat, I use the free web version and I use both my home computer and my job computer to update and it updates from anywhere. In other words, I can access my account from anywhere.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Mami - Exactly - the downloaded version I would have to save to an external drive and carry around.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Gotcha chickie in hat!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote