General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Rant Rant Rant

Original Rant removed by me!

A combination of my yoga class tonight and reading about my friends new twin boys has given me a rare sense of peace and forgiveness and perspective and so I thought I would remove some negativity while the feeling lasted

Last edited by ennay; 02-06-2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

OMIGOSH!! I'm so sorry you had such a rotten night. You should have checked him at the first sign that he was going to treat you like hired help. I would think long and hard before I allowed him to come over by himself with the kids. That's totally unacceptable.

Tiki
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Wow, what a turd. We recently had a similar problem, only for me the problem was not telling me they were bringing the kid with them... our house is not prepared for children, and honestly I have to be mentally and emotionally prepared to handle this particular child. I ended up baby-sitting for 4 or 5 hours while they fiddled with computer stuff.
I really think that men are just totally oblivious to these things...

I hope you get a chance to relax and that you get a little help with the clean up. And I agree with tiki - think about whether or not you want to play hostess to the wild little monkeys in the future...
Old 02-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

oh believe me, if I had known mom wasnt coming I would have made alternate plans. Probably left dh to deal with it
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow...my husband is GREAT with the kids-he changes diapers, makes their plates...he would never do that at someone else's home!

Advice from my point of view? If my husband did this at a friend of mine's home, I WOULD WANT TO KNOW. (This is just me, of course.)

If you could call, or email the wife, I would-and explain what happened. Explain to her that YOU also wanted to watch the game, and that her husband left you with the children while he watched the game and ignored their needs.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

OMG, I would have been furious. I get in these type of situations a lot with my SD. It's her that's the problem not her DH. She comes over with 2 kids ages 2 1/2 and 8 months and the minute she walks in the door, she puts the kids on auto-pilot. If one of them has a dirty diaper, she'll ask my 14 yr.old to change it. I've told her no on this, "change your own kid's Diaper". She'll also have my DD give food to the kids while they're up moving around and food gets smeared everywhere. I've told her now, the kids aren't allowed any food unless they are in their high chairs. Every single time she leaves, my house has been destroyed. I want to tell her to stay and clean up the toys and junk, but by the time they leave, I'm so happy there gone that cleaning up the toys and such is a breeze compared to having them stay a few extra min's for clean up. My biggest pet peeve is everytime she is loading her kids up to leave, she lets my dog out the front door, then I have to chase the dog down and get it back in the house. GRRRRRRRRR. I've griped a million times to my DH about his DD. He is no help. When she is here with kids in tow, he hides in here and plays party poker on the computer and ignores everything. My DD has got to where when they are here, she hides in her room to keep from being dumped on. Speaking of the SD, she's here right now. She spent the night here with the kids. I gotta go, the 2 yr. old is up getting into stuff while the Mother of the Year is asleep on my couch. GRRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

You have every right to be pissed....If these people consider themselves *good friends*, who needs enemys? The father's behavior was RUDE, no man can be THAT clueless these days, it's inexcusable. I certainly wouldn't keep my mouth shut, Mom needs to know that you spent the entire evening as a babysitter and you are owed gratuity and a sincere apology.

I hope they take you out to dinner (without kids) and make it up to you.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
You have every right to be pissed....If these people consider themselves *good friends*, who needs enemys? The father's behavior was RUDE, no man can be THAT clueless these days, it's inexcusable. I certainly wouldn't keep my mouth shut, Mom needs to know that you spent the entire evening as a babysitter and you are owed gratuity and a sincere apology.

I hope they take you out to dinner (without kids) and make it up to you.
Great idea. Bill them. Find out what the going rate is for child care and let them know.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivingThanks04 View Post
It's too late now but I would have turned that t.v off to get his attention and told him he needs to do something with his children.

I can understand if the mom wasn't feeling well but she should have kept her kids home with her if she wasn't going to show up.

You have every right to be pissed and I definitely would let her know!
Why should she have kept them at home with her? He's their parent also. Maybe he should have stayed home if he couldn't take care of them without her. He was the one who shirked his duty. Either way, I know it wasn't ennay's responsibility to care for them.

I will agree that turning off the TV would have gotten his attention. I think that would have been a great solution.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Yeppers...they are his kids too, but any woman knows that when a man is watching a football game he is not going to be watching his kids. If she had shown up who would have been watching the kids? Not him. JMHO
Old 02-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I think I would contact her and ask if he does this at home all the time. I'll bet he's the type of father who thinks it's a woman's job to take care of kids.

I'm serious about asking her if he just dumps all the care for them on her. If she says he does nothing at home, then you have your answer. If she says he's a "hands on dad", then ask her why he thought it was OK to dump care for them on you when they came over.

It may sound nasty, but I'd tell her that the kids won't be allowed back without parental control.

What did your DH do and/or say about this? He should have stepped up and said something as well.

Also, what is up with that kid not being potty trained? A kid that is around 3 should be potty trained.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I agree wit CB, If he is not an involved dad well you can blame him, he should have never come WITH the kids, but he may not know how, his job ended as soon as the kids were safely in the house. I might be a little upset with my DH for not saying anything, but I also agree that you need to set ground rules with this friend. if you don't you will be upset everytime you get together.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #13  
prepare for the BEST time

not to beat the man more....but what kind of PARENT knowingly lets their kid run around with a poopie diaper??? did he expect you to do that too?

If I may ask, what age bracket are the parents? (physically, mentally they sound a bit immature)....

and BTW, my child is grown, (replaced by cats) but my BF balks at scooping the litterbox.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I can understand if the mom wasn't feeling well but she should have kept her kids home with her if she wasn't going to show up.
Quote:
Yeppers...they are his kids too, but any woman knows that when a man is watching a football game he is not going to be watching his kids. If she had shown up who would have been watching the kids? Not him. JMHO
I disagree with both of these comments. If I am ill, my husband does not leave the kids at home with me while he does whatever. He takes them with him, but he WATCHES them and takes care of their needs. This is what the father should have been doing.

Secondly, not all men ignore their children while football is on. My husband doesn't. Men will only do what the women around them LET them do...if they pretend not to hear the kids while they are watching the game, and the wife or whoever takes care of their needs instead-then they get exactly what they wanted. The key is, not to let hem get away with it.
I would have stood in front of the father, and demanded that the diaper be changed, that he get the banana for himself, and to watch his children-or he can leave, and leave NOW.

I have had to put my foot down many times with DH's friends...

I think I may need to start a husband boot camp.

I bet I'd make a fortune.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I'm getting heated just reading this outrageous story! Men just have some nerve, though based on Lilly's post, it seems women can also be this lazy and rude. I agree with aphil that men get away with what we let them get away with. For example, taking out the garbage is DH's job. But I have to ASK HIM every damn time the trash can is full to empty it. Of course then you get into a battle with them to do it now, and they dont want to, and your now the nagging woman. So now, instead of begging DH to do his own job, I just start a small plastic bag hanging from the door to put the trash in when the can is full. DH doesnt know there's a bag to add additional trash, so when he finally needs to throw something out, he will finally empty the can (probably after stuffing more into the can a few times to avoid emptying it). DH is a good father though and would never knowingly let our baby stay in poopie diapers. The utter gall!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread