Old 02-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile Help I've been living in denial

This thread is for all you ladies who saw your reflection one day and thought
"IS THAT ME?" Are you ready to recognize yourself again?
Well, its a new month a new year so lets start fresh.

We welcome all new people and your ideas along with our old friends who have been with us on our previous thread.

We are here to encourage, (just kidding) encourage, laugh, motivate and most of all begin to "recognize ourselves again!"

I'm Kiwi, and my goal is to get down to 128 by my birthday Oct 24, 2007. After searching for many years for the "magic pill" I finally decided to join WW in Jan. I'm actually enjoying it very much.

That's all for now. I hope to hear from many of you who may have some wonderful ideas that we can do as a group to help get us motivated.

Kiwi
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #2  

Smile

Okay tomorrow is the weigh in day. I've done very well today. If starving myself is doing well. Water, coffee and salad! What else could I do. I have been bad all week. By that I mean I continued to go over my points even though I'm sure I used up my 35 points early on in the week. I'm not really sure because I didn't track like I should and that's why I'm whining now!

I promise I will track next week .....I promise I won't cheeeeeeaaat next week .....well, at least stay within my extra 35 points for the week .... just let me looooose at least 1 pouuuuuund!!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Good Morning everyone
I did not get on yesterday but think this is a good idea You mentioned common things we can share Is it just going to be walking a pedometer is a good way to keep track of your steps Is ther any other ideas for common things we share ...like we all exercise and are eating healthy...I blew that last night for supper not the healthy just 2nd on everthing I was so bad but that was the first time since the begining of the year
Kiwi I was just thinking we could start a new thread every month just put the month behind your title "Help I have .... do you know what I mean?
Then everyone can post there goals for that month at the begining
My goals for this month are to lose 5 lbs, cardio exercise at least 3x/ week and track my steps Let me know what you think? Is Monday going to be our group weigh in still?

suz keep moving and losing Ladies
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/245/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody! I know exactly how that feeling is. I joined a gym about 2 weeks ago and I was taking my first class, which meant I had to look at myself on a full body mirror and I tell you, I almost cried!
This week I've been good, I'm actually proud of myself. I just hope the willpower stays and I don't go off the wagon LOL. My biggest problem is my sweet tooth so I made sure I didn't buy any sugar. Does anybody have any suggestions on sweet stuff that's good for me? Thanks in advance.
srqmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #5  

Hi srqmomof2
I am a sweetaholic!! Big time. I joined WW and I've found I like alot of there sweet frozen stuff that you find at Walmart. WW food is actually called Smart ones. They have the smart ones strawberry shortcake! oooooh real yummy, then there is choc. elcair, key lime, Oh and Kelloggs has come out with a product called Kugos. They are yogurt covered fruit balls. They come in different flavors and are great when you are wanting something sweet!

Suz, I was thinking the same thing about a new thread each month. New goals etc. Sounds good. I went to Ft. Walton today looking for a wedding dress for my daughter. I got alot of walking in. I wish I could have remembered to count my steps. Where can I get a meter? If we do that we should each have a goal that says how many steps in that month. does that make sense? What does everyone think.

Hey, I went to my meeting and I lost 3 more pounds!!

I hope everyone else is doing well and I'll chat later

Kiwi
Old 02-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #6  
suz
suz

Smile

Kiwi I got one of my pedometers from chatelaine on line it was free if you joined there weight loss program and I can't remember where i got the other one I am sure if you search some online weight loss sites you might find otherwise check out drug store health sections
they recomend 10000 steps /day for good health that means 300000 steps per month and I still have to find my pedometer i loaned one out to a friend and I am 4 days behind
any other ideas from anyone else?

Keep moving and losing Ladies suz
Old 02-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #7  

Smile

Hi everyone,

As far as my weight loss. Actually, I've only loss 2 pounds. The other pound was from taking my shoes and jacket off. I want to lose 2 pounds next week so I can put my shoes back on. That way when I have a really bad week I can take my shoes back off!!!

I've done really well for 2 days as far as tracking my points. I had 25 points yesterday. (3 over) And today I've had 20 so far. (I get 22) I may have popcorn later tonight. I think what I will do is when I run out of points I will go to bed.

Suz, Kelloggs has this thing that you can order a cheap version of a pedometers from them with a box top and $3.00 If I can figure out how to order it on line I may get one.

Kiwi
Old 02-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #8  
Token Vulcan

I've got a GNC Calorie Pedometer in transit from drugstore.com. It measures steps, distance and calories burned. It's $14.99. They also have other styles there.

I spent the weekend indoors (it's frakkin' cold here) so I walked/lightly jogged through 3 rooms of my house. Had the radio and some cds on and shook my booty, too.
Disco doesn't suck. Disco makes great exercise music. How could ya not get up and do the YMCA?
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:50 AM   #9  

Welcome Elle,
So you are a star trek fan and disco lover? Hummm? Either you love retro or you are telling your age!

I'm going tomorrow and see if I can find a meter in one of our drugstores. So how many minutes should a person walk a day? Suz did you say 30,000 steps a month? 10,000 a day? Yikes. Okay maybe I need to start small like 3000
a day.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #10  
suz
suz

Smile

good morning Ladies
Yes Kiwi I said 10000/day They figure about 2500 is a mile I checked out how far I walk at work in a shift and it was pretty close to 2500 I was shocked

Well i weighed in this morning and did not lose any weight and I was bad only friday night for supper and yesterday afternoon I will have to work harder this week I was talking to my brother and he has also lost some weight about 35 or 40 lbs a little to much for his height he now weighs 160 and he is 6ft tall he asked how i was doing and I told him he told me to keep up the good work

it snowing and blowing here so I hope I can make it to exercise class this morning

Keep moving and losing Ladies suz
Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #11  
Want out of my FAT pants

S/C/G: 216/159/150

Height: 5'5

Good Monday Morning Everyone:

Hello Kiwi Hello Suz Hello everyone new
Thanks for giving me directions on how to get here Kiwi.....you do have a "goodside" at times eh? ...

I am Danni and I have always had a weight problem, my entire 40 years on this planet..even at birth I weighed a whoppin 11lbs... I have tried many many diets and I have had some weight loss and then gain it back plus some I am currently on the HMR Healthy solutions program and have lost close to 40lbs. I could not be happier. I am hoping that this IS the last "diet" I am ever on

Well today (Monday) is my weigh in and you guys from the "old" thread know that I had "girls weekend" this weekend and was concerned about cheating and weight gain... well I got on the scale....: and I lost 2lbs! whoo hoo....

I kept repeating my mantra all weekend when I looked at all the food:

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS......

gotta run ,....oh I walked......123800 steps yesterday.... come on Suz lets get ready to rumble .... cuz I am gonna in steps...

Have a great day...remember to drink your water...

Danni
Danni Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #12  

Good Morning,

Danni I could have sworn you were older than 40.......oops I did it again.
Just trying to get your temperture up so you can burn some calories before the weigh in. See how much I care. Just messing with ya. Good luck on the weigh in today.

Suz I was watching the weather channel and I can't believe the weather so many of you are going through. Try to stay warm.

Here are my goals for February. All those willing lets write our goals for the month down.

1. Lose 8 pounds
2. Build my walking statima
3. Exercise a mim. of 3 times a day 30 min.

chat later
Old 02-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #13  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
So you are a star trek fan and disco lover? Hummm? Either you love retro or you are telling your age!
Absolutely, sure, yes and that, too! I'm 41.

Thanks for the welcome! My goals for February:

1) Lose 8-10 pounds (1 down so far but I'll take anything!)
2) Try to increase my 10 minute bursts of exercise several times a day to 15-20 minutes
3) To use my soon to arrive pedometer to help increase my walking, even if it's indoors, which in this weather, it sure will be.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 02-05-2007 at 01:11 PM.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #14  

I'm about to pick up my grand daughter but then I'm going to see if I can find me a meter. Maybe Walmart might have one. I'm curious as to how much I walk a day.

Wish me luck finding one. Oh and I have all the star trek tv shows. They are soo old.( VHS. )
Old 02-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 285/175

Height: 5 7"

Hello Ladies,

I am new here and was living in denile for a long time. I need some help getting started. I know I need to lode weight, but this time I don't know where to start. This past weekend I tried on all my jeans and out of 10 pairs only two fit, i wanted to cry. I just started WW and I have already cheated. I really wish that I could get my mouth wired shut or lose my taste buds So if ya have any suggestions please let me hear'em thank so for the help

have a groovey day
Mama of two is offline   Reply With Quote