General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default TV and Best Buy-what should I do

I bought a TV from best by in early Jan.24inch regular TV for 100 bucks. (I see why they were so cheap now) I stopped working wed of this week. I took it back on the last day of the return policy. Because I bought it online I had to return the old on and buy a new one, it wasn't an exchange. SO the new TV has a whole new 30 day return policy. When I bought the new one I also got the story warrenty good for 4 years.

Well today is Saturday and the new TV just died. So should I

-exchange for a new one, and if that ones goes I have the warranty so I'll always be covered.

-return and get my money back and just call it a wash
Old 02-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

When I worked at a similar store we would just get a certain brand of something that was a piece of crap and most of them would get returned. Chances are if you got two duds, the third will also be a dud...

I'd go for a different model or just get my $$ back if i were you.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I would definately get a refund. Try for a different brand. Or buy a tv elsewhere. I would also ask the rate of returns on the tv.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you had the same brand & model both times I would get my money back, and try a new model.
However, if they were different models-I would check things around the home. Sometimes a glitch somewhere in the house can cause tv's and other appliances to burn out. (This has happened with my in laws-they went through two tvs, a stove, and a computer before they eralized the issue.)
Old 02-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #5  

yea - 2 duds, either take a refund or put the credit toward a different one.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #6  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the advice. I think it might have been a bad batch at that store. I got a refund and ended up buying a TV from Sears.
Closed Thread