Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Cool February in the Falkland Islands - The Worldly Chicks are headed south

Well we've had some interesting options for an "F" place for February.

Florence Italy was too cold this time of year As is Flin Flon in Manitoba and Firth of Forth in Scotland

Phuket Thailand got disqualified because it's actually pronounced poo-kett Too bad because we all liked that name

I liked Fockendorf, Bavaria but everything I could find out about it was in German and when I did translate the page, there wasn't much to discover about the place.

Florida got ruled out due to the tornadoes and bad weather that have been ravaging the place.

And Fiji is apparently having an ugly political uprising at the moment

Apparently there are no warm spots in the world that are safe and comfy that start with an F.

So we are flying south and making our home for the rest of the month in the Falkland Islands which is part of the U.K. The Falkland Islands are situated about 350 miles (487 kilometres) east of the South American mainland, between Latitude 51° and 53°S and Longitude 57° and 62° W, about the same latitude south as London lies north. It might take us a bit of travelling to get there as you have to fly in from either South America or the U.K. but think of the travel miles you will rack up.

The seas welcome the wildlife from all around. This will be a dream for those of us who like photography, the outdoors and getting away from the hustle bustle of humanity and crowds.

Pack a warmish coat, some comfortable walking shoes and welcome to our new home for the rest of the month. Get your exercise in here so that you can work on the killer bod to show off at the Mexican resorts we will be visiting next month.

Find out more here

Last edited by happy2bme; 02-04-2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Can't spell for diddly but at least I'm cute
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

Most importantly I must say:

GO CHICAGO BEARS!!!!

I will be spending the early evening cheering on my team who will finally win the Superbowl again. Been a long time since 1986

Last edited by happy2bme; 02-04-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--I'm not much of a foot ball fan. Good luck to the Bears. By the way, think Falkland Islands will be a good retreat.

Mel--There is Fayetteville and Fort Smith and a nother smaller town called Flippen.

I've been doing some cleaning and laundry today which is almost done. Even tackled a hot spot or two. My four day week ends just seem to fly by. I've got a super duper sinus headache.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-04-2007 at 04:12 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #4  
Smackin' into a Wall

Thanks for setting up our new location, Happy. And anything has to be better than the weather we are having here today. Been off-line most of the weekend with computer problems - looks as if they are sorted out but, frankly, I'm pretty crabby about it so I'm going to go and watch TV instead of staying on-line.

I'll be back once I am in a better mood. Oh, and Go Bears... whatever THAT means The only reason I even know who The Bears are is from those old Mike Ditka sketches on Saturday Night Live.

Guess a new location means a new avatar too. I'll have to go looking...

Last edited by Madcat; 02-04-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: 'Cuz I thought of something else
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Falkland Islands - well that's nice. There was a British program called Ground Force who put a special garden at the Hospital in Stanley (capital) so it might be a good place to go sit for a while. I do hope you realise that some days the wind gets so bad there, that they close the roads and the airport because even the army trucks find it too dangerous to travel. So we might get blown in and stuck there.
I see some of us have already arrived.

Flat out here yet again. Thanks for the new home Happy. Back later no doubt with the details of this mornings senior moment - just so you can all get your day off to a good start!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #6  
Radiate self!

This glasshouse is in Stanley somewhere. How about we all meet up there for a cup of tea before we start exploring the harbour? Great location Happy, well done! :applause:

The birthday cake is made. Chocolate with yellow icing and pink writing, heart sprinkles and confetti sprinkles. Party hats are on. Balloons all aired up. Lighting of the candles is scheduled for 6 pm precisely

Happy Birthday to Jen! Enjoy your special day
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #7  

all are asleep the house is very quiet satan will be up for a botttle in 20 minutes so im here ,just incase u thought id gone again? ,cj survived his bang on the head which didnt surprise me in the slightest because his favourite past time at the moment is to stick the head on everything while gaily screaming "stitch"{thankyou very much big brothers} ,his new word is barrary{battery} in a distinctly french accent????,
i will keep lapsing some days as when my mood gets low i just dont want to do much of anything lol found a great online game i can lose myself in and kill things while doing quests at the same time ,beileve u me when youve killed 150 demon thingys you actually start to calm down lol thankyou world of warcraft , and i can here my little demon stirring and its now 1.15 and im up at 7 {please sleep till 7 } ill say goodnight
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Here's a true life laugh to cheer you up.

Went to the gym this morning. Checked off the inventory as I went - right bra, right outer gear, trainers, purse, gym card, keys yep got em all. Shut the door, went down to the car and off to gym. Get on the bike, rack up 6k and 120cals, elliptical, 3 km and another 130 cals. Treadmill - 12 mins oops out of time gotta go home 50 cals and 1km. Get in the car - where are my specs - in the gym of course. Back you go and get 'em. Get in the car, drive home sweating like crazy - the temps around 26C and humidity around the 80% mark. Get into the garage and unload my bags, grab the keys, lock the car. Keys feel a bit strange - oh poop, I have the set of Brisbane keys and not the Townsville keys - now what. No phone, no pen, no paper so I get one of the other residents to write the caretakers number down and I go to find a payphone. Well I end up walking into the CBD to get one of those. It's raining AGAIN so now I am hot, sweaty and wet. Walk back to the apartment, the caretaker has no master keys or spare keys. Need to go to the letting office to get those. Damn. They don't open until 8.30am and it is now 7.30am. Find a coffee bar open - at least I have money. Get a coffee and a roll. Think nasty thoughts. Then I figure I can at least go to work and tell my boss what has happened and that will kill a bit of time. So hot, wet and sweaty I go to work only to get remarks like - we are looking sporty today aren't we! Anyway, eventually I get a spare set of keys, go home get showered and changed and come to work - remembering the keys this time!!!

Consequently I haven't had a decent breakfast, I haven't got lunch (will have to go buy some) and nothing I've had today is on plan.

Tomorrow can only get better.

Last edited by Shad; 02-04-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: 'Yet another Senior Moment
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #9  

Billy Joel has been watched ....and then half time with Prince. Thats the extent of my SB viewing.

Realized most of my sunday night shows are preempted. Studio 60 is on at 10pm so all is not a total wash out. Only have a few pages left in my book tho. So I cleaned the toilet instead. Now on to the litter boxes. There is a theme here.
Very , very , very cold here.
Kids nestled in bed. DS will go to school tomorrow.Not sure about DD yet.
Channel surfing. Watching a bit of the Grease thing. Takes me back to being ...um...12...that's when the movie came out. Got the soundtrack for Christmas...............
I'm kinda boring .

(((Shad)))) yikes.Hope the lunch you buy is particularily yummy.
Blowing a party blower thingy with Meadow's crew.
Hoping CJ sleeps til 7!!!

Last edited by Hollyhock; 02-04-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #10  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WE HAVE WARMED UP TO A WHOPPING HIGH OF 9 DEGREES AND THE ICE IS OFF THE COMPUTER KEYS.
IF WE LOSE OUR ELECTRIC, I AM A DEAD WOMAN
NOT SURE IF I CAN GO OUT AT ANY POINT THIS WEEK UNLESS THE -20 DEGREE WIND CHILLS GO AWAY. SIGH
GUESS I SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN.....I'VE BEEN OUT SO MUCH THIS SEASON. NOTHING NEW TO REPORT. THE KIDS AND I HAD JEN'S BD DINNER TOGETHER. CHINESE FOOD FOR THEM AND NS FOOD FOR ME. DID THE DVD THING AND WE ALL FELT SLEEPY SO OFF THEY WENT. THE GRANDSON AND I TOOK A SHORT NAP WHILE THE KIDS WENT OUT FOR A CELEBRATORY DRINK.

MEADOW....I JUST REALIZED....IS YOUR DD'S BD ON THE 4TH?? DUH! IT TOOK ME ALL THIS TIME TO PUT IT TOGETHER WITH JEN'S!! DID YOUR CAKE HAVE A DANCING PINK BALLERINA TOO? VERY CUTE PIC.

HAPPY~THANKS FOR THE WARMED UP SPOT!!! I FEEL BETTER ALREADY! ARE YOU COLD DOWN THERE AS WELL?
IT'S ANTARTICA COLD HERE TODAY. HOW ARE THE NEW GLASSES? LOOKING LIKE A HOLLYWOOD STARLET?
THEY ALL SEEM TO WEAR THEIR GLASSES NOWADAYS....LIKE MERYL STREEP. SHE IS MAKING IT CLASSIER TO BE "YOURSELF". I HAVE MY WALKING TIRES ON....SHALL WE BOTH TAKE A STROLL AND GET THINGS OFF OUR CHEST WHERE NO ONE WILL HEAR US??? COME ON....YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!

SHAD~ YOUR KEY STORY HAD ME SITTING HERE USING MY FAVORITE WORD. THANK GOD YOU GOT IN WITHOUT BREAKING DOWN THE DOOR! LIKE HOLLY, I TOO HOPE THE LUNCH WAS A GREAT ONE. AT LEAST SOMETHING SLAVAGED FROM A BAD MORNING.

CEEJAY~ LATELY MY WEEKENDS FLY BY ALSO. THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY ME FLIPPEN SOUNDS GOOD. WE'LL HAVE TO MEET THERE. I'LL PICK HAPPY UP ALONG THE WAY.

MADCAT~ I LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!!! I HAD THE SAME THOUGHT YESTERDAY AND WENT FOR A VALENTINE'S CAT GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! SENDING MANY I KNOW THE FEELING. WHEN MY COMPUTER WENT DOWN AND DELL AND I TOOK 6= HOURS OF PHONE WORK TO GET IT BACK...I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO GET ON IT AGAIN REST WELL MY NORTHERN FRIEND. P.S.: IF THIS IS YOUR CANADIAN AIR, THEN PLEASE TAKE IT BACK STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!

HOLLY~I FORGOT ABOUT STUDIO 60 NOW I WILL HAVE TO WATCH THE RERUNS IF THEY HAVE THEM. HOPE THE KIDDIES FEEL BETTER AND ALL OF YOU STAY WARM.

LINUS~ I AM GLAD TO HEAR CJ ISN'T BADLY INJURED. KIDS!!!! I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. COME HERE WHEN YOU'RE UP TO IT AND BE KIND TO YOURSELF. GIVE YOURSELF TIME TO HEAL ON THE "INSIDE". SENDING TO YOU THIS MORNING!

HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #11  
Happy September

PS TO MEADOW....YES LET'S all MEET UNDER THE RAINBOW AND FIND OUR POT OF GOLD ....FRIENDSHIP
Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

Happy belated birthdays to Jen and Meadow’s DD. Did you have a fun celebration?

Oh man, I was just going through the last of the January thread and I just saw Carla’s post about spending February in a Flophouse in Flatbush (Shades of Sylvester the cat) Not too late to change the thread though I think I might mess up the rest of the crew who are making their way to South America at the moment.

Well my Bears did not play like the championship team that they were supposed to be and so they lost. Pity. But I decided that I ate less Superbowl munchies when sitting glumly on the couch so that was a good thing. I only watched part of the half time show. Billy Joel looks very old as do many of the rockers. Eddie Van Halen is on the cover of some magazine this month. I did a double take when I saw it. He used to be such a hottie and he looks absolutely wretched. All the years of drinking and smoking have taken their toll. Kind of sad...

Madcat - I like the new avatar. As well as yours Mel. I think I'll keep my Mr. Froggy for one more month.

I think Grease and Staying Alive of 2 of the best get up and moving soundtracks - timeless too Holly. Ummm both have John Travolta in them too. He is quite a dancer.

Oh poor woman Shad. What a mess you had there. It was quite a funny story - not to laugh at your expense but I can so see that happening. Looking sporty aren't we? I'm sure you've not heard the last of it. But thanks for sharing...

Ok Linus - apparently stitch is another word like fanny - a seemingly innocent word to us but to you. Please educate me. I do believe that CJ is the child I was afraid to have. Hope you remind your DH that it's his fault Sounds like he is getting along quite well with his brothers though.

How are things going by you Mel? Good thing you are down in the Falklands and not up in the north where I hear it is very cold. And I'm sure that brings the seniors out in droves with problems. Mom called last night and said the high was 2 degrees yesterday. Brrrrr.

Thank you Meadow and Shad for the beautiful pictures of Stanley and the penquins. It is kind of pretty around here, isn't it?

I have another very busy week ahead of me. I'm in the crunch at work - behind on a project and juggling 3 others. Dentist appointment this afternoon - just an exam. Cleaning tomorrow. Have to reschedule a doctors appointment because I had one on Friday and they closed the office because Lordy, we had snow ON THE GRASS. The streets were wet but just a bit of slish but those of us who know real snow were going what's the panic here? This is the 3rd time they have cancelled or reshuffled this doctor appointment and she just came back from maternity leave so I can only imagine how long I will be waiting for the next appointment. If it's not a month away then they will be overbooking and I'll probably have to spend 3 hours just sitting in the waiting room. Doctors are very bad about keeping to your appointment times out here. And there is lots to do at home too. I have made lists and will be sticking with them.

So onwards and upwards. Hellos to the rest of the chicks. Keep your eye out for penquins.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #13  
Choose your hard

Hello Mel - I see your little light shining - you are above me as usual - I'll be supporting you from underneath!

Oh and the glasses need to be remade. But the frames are very cute. Similar to what I have now (I didn't notice) but in a coppery brown shade instead. Screams that I must have red hair to go with them
Old 02-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #14  
Happy September

HAPPY IT IS FFFFFING FREEZING IN THE FRIGGING FLATBUSH FLOPHOUSE!!! GOOD THING YOU CHOSE THE ISLAND RETREAT. SENDING YOU FOR THE BUSY WEEK TO COME. SORRY ABOUT THE BEARS. TAKE THE WEEKEND OFF AND GO DYE YOUR HAIR RED!!! I MISSED YOUR LITTLE EGG LIT WHILE DOWN IN THE FREEZING OFFICE REPORTING AND HANDING IN PAPERS!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--Love the neew avatar.

Happy--Understand you are in the South. We don't drive that much on the snow andwe're always looking for excuses not to work.

Not much else to say. I've already turned in the January reports. I'm waiting on 10 a.m. to get the readings so I can start on February.

Hello to all the rest
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote