South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - February 4 & 5

Yippee skippee! It's the weekend! Although I'm retired, I still look forward to it.

No plans for the weekend except go to Claire's house to do some laundry and have a shower. Washing essentials with hot water from the kettle is just not enough and it IS Saturday bath night! Charlie is supposed to come today with some more stuff to try but I am actually pretty resigned to being waterless until Spring. To dig up the well this time of year would cost over $2K just to get through the frost and down there! I am off to FL in a week and will cope until then. I may have changed my mind by the time I get back. It's not the money as much as the mess!

So....today I am going to do a dump run with recycle stuff since I missed the pick-up on Thursday and will probably do some sewing later. It looks like a fairly decent day is coming up - nice sunrise - so I may poke around in the barn doing some tidying if it's not perishing cold.

What's a happenin' by youse?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #2  

Rise N Shine :flow: !

Good Mornin' Ruth! WATERLESS till SPRING???!!!! You're a hardier woman than I. Where in Florida are you going? We just had a bad hurricane hit down that way in Volusha county...

Nothing exciting planned.. I have a major project due for school, so I think I'll be glued to my laptop this weekend. in my comfy clothes and bunny slippers with Lots of cawfeeeeeee!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #3  

Mornin' Ladies!

Ruth Yikes! No H2O until Spring? My pipes froze here once, and I was without water for just over a day and felt the need to stay at a friend's house

Schatzi Good luck on your school project

Me I have a very busy day today running errands. I wish I would have planned better, though...it's only 9 outside and I have to be waiting on buses all day (I don't have a car). I have a hair and eyebrow appointment @ 10.30, then I need to run and buy makeup @ Ulta, then run to Target. Then come back home and meal plan and grocery shop. I think I might have overfilled my plate so to speak...but I want to watch the SB tomorrow, so it's all got to be done today.
GO BEARS!

I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm down 1.5 lbs. It's amazing what a few days of drinking water and eating veggies can do!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I've got to get moving!

Last edited by annarenee; 02-03-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #4  

Morning girlies!

Ruth You are a better woman than me- I can't imagine being without water. The sun is shining here as well, at it is lovely!! Florida will be a wonderful trip for you!

Schatzi Snuggled up with coffee and the laptop sounds lovely, although I am sure you would prefer to not have the project to do.

Me- Chilling out this morning for a bit before my mom comes over. We are going to go through the girls clothes, pull out what doesn't fit, organize. Then this afternoon a grocery run and the library. I haven't done so well with my eating the last few days, so I am going to do a better job of meal planning. I seem to do great for a few days, then I blow it.

It seems as though everything is a go on DH's new job. The only thing we are waiting on is the official call from human resources. He hasn't put in his notice as it makes us both very nervous to do that without the true offer. He has been offered the position from the exec chef and signed a letter of intent. BUT it still makes us leary. We can't even skip a paycheck, let alone be unemployed. The new job, plus absolutely no daycare expenses for 3months this summer (a $1,200 expense per month ) should get us caught up and it good shape!

Hope everyone has a super day. Anyone have super plans for the SuperBowl? We are having dinner at my mom's and will probably watch the game there until halftime. Weezle As a Bears fan are you going to party it up??
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

"When will I see you again?
When will we share precious moments?
Will I have to wait forever?"

I just sang that to Charlie's voicemail. Do you think he'll know it was me?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #6  

Anna We posted at the same time! Have a good weekend!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #7  

Hi Kiko...we must have been posting @ the same time
Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Day Chicks on the Beach...

Wondered in to say 'Hello' and see how everyone's doing?
Since being on the West chicks site I feel I have negleted you sweet gals who were so welcoming to my sis and I...

Ruth, I like your song!!! I would have loved to seen the look on Charlie's face when he received your 'singing' message!

Kiko, here's praying you get a call very soon concerning your DH's job offer to cinch the job for sure.

annarenee, Congratulations on the loss!

Here's to all of you who have already posted and those who will be on later...have a great SB/SB weekend!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #9  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, chicks! I'm having a very productive Saturday so far. The girls have let me do my thing, and I can't be more thankful.

One of my big goals for the year is to working on ridding my house of clutter. Today's mission is my bedroom. So far, I've sorted through 3 computer boxes and 5 22gallon tubs of clothes. Everything that's too big, old, or just plain ugly is gone. I have 4 big garbage bags to take to Goodwill and 2 to send out with the trash. Now I have to go put everything that I'm keeping away. Then I'll sort and deal with my current laundry issues. The girls are downstairs playing and watching The Fox and The Hound. Should give me a few minutes.

Have a good weekend, everyone!!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #10  

I am new to this first week on the South beach, lost 5 lbs in 5 days.But need some ideas, my weakness is something to use for these great dips, besides celery.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Aren't weekends the best? I enjoy every minute, and make sure I do only what I feel like doing. Right after breakfast, I tagged along with Jake to the Walmart and Tractor Supply, then made him come with me to Wegman's for groceries. Now we're home for the rest of the day.
Amber is coming over later this afternoon with her Girl Scout cookies, and she knows her Grandpop is always a sucker for that! I expect they'll stay for supper, so I'm going to make a couple of pizzas with WW dough. Other than that, I'm just going to be lazy for the rest of the day and curl up with a book and a pot of tea.

Ruth ~ I hope by now that Charlie has answered your plea for help! What a nuisance, being without water. At least you seem to have a positive outlook. Thank goodness for friends with hot water!

Schatzi ~ How's the big project coming along? You sound all snug and cozy with your coffee and bunny slippers!

Anna ~ I hope you get all your running around done today without freezing to death! We started the day here at 9*, but right now it's warmed up to 27*. Ugh!!!

Kiko ~ I"m still keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out well for you guys with this new job. It must be very stressful waiting for everything to be finalized. Hang in there, and everything will work out fine in the end. Have fun with your mother today, and enjoy your superbowl get-together tomorrow!

Mamajok ~ It's nice to see you in here, I usually check to see what all you West Coast Chicks have been up to on your own special thread! Enjoy your weekend!

Jet ~ You are really making good progress on your de-cluttering resolution! I have the same resolution, and it sure feels good to be rid of all that extra "junk" in the house. Now, if I can only keep it that way!

Ok, it's taken me forever to write this post, my DD called to chat while I was in the middle of it! Time to make that tea and chill out for a while!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

TisNew, welcome to the Beach!

Check out the Phase I Foodlist in the FAQ Section and go ahead and use any veggies with dips. I like mushrooms, slices of jicama, pepper strips and even cherry tomatoes.

Good work on the 5 in 5!

Still no water, Chickies, but Charlie has been here most of the day. We have decided to dig up the darned well! Richard, another contractor, has gone to get a big machine of some sort! Oy! Can you hear the $$$ draining out of my bank account? I won't have water until Monday, probably, but we are on our way.

I'll be back later to check out posts. Gotta get ready for the Big Dig by moving my car out onto the road.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #13  

I've been home for an hour and I'm still freezing!

I got a fab haircut and can't wait to try and style it myself (whoa...that sounding a little to girly to be coming from me!) However, I didn't make it to Target or the grocery store. It's just too cold (The sun is out, but the wind is fierce and it's only about 10* outside). Target can wait until later in the week. But I might have to go back out to the store. Brrrr...

Ruth I'm sorry you have to dig in such bad conditions. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get through the frozen ground

Kiko I'm sure that job for DH will come through :

Welcome, TisNew

Jetsetter When can I schedule you to come and de-clutter my closets?!? Maybe we can set something up for late April??
Old 02-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #14  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default This may be a bit personal, but ...

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum earlier by mistake. Can you SBD girls offer any advice?
__________________________________________________ ________

This may be a bit personal, but has anyone here experienced any constipation since starting the Southbeach diet? I'm in Phase II, and have been experiencing this unpleasantness off and on. I'm at a loss as to how it can happen. Right now, I go through about 2 bunches of celery a week, green beans by the pound and bunches of lettuce for salads. For lunch I have salads or a sandwhich on whole wheat bread with tons of lettuce. For dinner, I have a meat and veggies, plus a small salad, and some fruit. Daily snacks are celery or cucumbers with cheese (sticks or wedges), plus TONS of tomatoes. Once in a while I'll have a few nuts as a snack, but for the most part, I stick to cheese sticks with celery or cucumbers. I also drink 8 glasses (not cups) of water a day.

When you eat as many vegetables as I do, there shouldn't be any movement problems. I'm thinking of cutting back on my protein consumption a bit just to adjust the balance and see what happens. But this is way too weird. Any ideas? Sorry to bring up such a personal topic.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! The well is not where the map said it was! Richard dug a huge hole in the lane. Now the guys have decided the map refers to the front corner of the house and they are tearing up that part of the lane! Yes, I'm getting discouraged!

Booklover, not to worry about such a personal concern! We all have the same problems!

Have you tried keeping track of fiber with Fitday? 25 grams of fiber per day is the RDA, I think. I find the only way for me to get this is to have Fiber One cereal and/or legumes every day. I bit of Metamucil helps too.

Sorry I can't comment to everyone. I'm dealing with two men and machines at the moment plus two dogs who are having nervous breakdowns over the noise and commotion! I never did get over to Claire's for a shower and to do a laundry. Maybe before spring!

I just took a picture of Charlie watching Richard, It's getting dark so they are quitting soon. I am tempted to have a Scotch and popcorn supper!
Closed Thread