Old 02-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in freaks me out!!

This is probably just my "thing". I weigh in next Thursday with my nutritionist. And, as usual, the closer I get to weigh in, the more I freak out. I've been doing pretty well but the closer I get the more I eat -- I get very nervous about not being down "enough" and can't stop thinking about it, which makes me eat more. Any tips???
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Shelby, you'll do fine! Stay focused on your goal, no matter how fast or slow you get there. Everyone's body does their own thing, and you'll get there! You've lost 21 pounds, girl!! Stand up and be proud! You're nutritionist will see the progress you've made and will be happy too.

When you're getting nervous and grabbing food, try to make yourself stop and think about whether or not you are truly hungry. If not, pop a piece of gum in your mouth....it gives your mouth something to do and can get you over that rough spot. Good luck!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #3  

Thank you -- I guess I do need to put some perspective on it. I didn't gain it overnight (pretty close though ), it's not going to come off that fast. I weigh in with a nutritionist to be accountable -- not for punishment!!! And, time to go to the store for more gum!!! Whether I see her or not, I need to stick to my plan without setting deadlines.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #4  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

You are looking at her as the bad guy,,,,you need to look at her as the good guy
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #5  

Thanks -- you are right -- like I'm waiting for her to yell at me for doing poorly or not losing "quite enough" when of course she wouldn't and is very support. And why do great for two weeks and waste that the week before weigh in?!! I have to stop feeling like there's a deadline to this -- it could take 6 months it could take 2 years, but as long as the scale keeps going down, I don't care!!! Have a great weekend.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

The lower I get, the more I realize I need to focus on things OTHER than the scale.

Can you make a list of other victories you're proud of?? So many days of exercise, or things you do now that you didn't or couldn't before?

I just think there are so many more places to look for success than the scale!

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #7  

Unfortunately, I am very scale-obsessed which I have to get over -- I tend to pay more attention to that than how I feel. I know if my clothes feel lose, I'm down some weight, but still have to hop on way too much every day -- so I'll put it in writing here so I can't try to get out of it

I'm going to put my scales away (like in the attic, which is about the only place I don't think I would drag them out, too much effort ) and rely on the weigh-ins every two weeks with the nutritionist. I work out five days a week and do eat better when I don't weigh myself constantly -- so the scales are out!! They definitely aren't helping me. If I don't know what I weigh I can't be worried about my weigh in. I'll track my exercise and good food choices instead.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I'm more scale obsessed than I like to admit too -- which is why I actively seek other sources of .... inspiration!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #9  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Yeah, the scale is a funny thing. It can be your best friend and your worst nightmare... all in the same day! I'm trying not to focus on the scale. I will be eating smart and exercising for the rest of my life, regardless of what the scale says. Weight loss is just a side effect of doing what we should be doing anyway! Just focus on what you CAN control (staying OP, working out, drinking water) and the rest will follow. Good luck!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #10  

You might also consider telling the nutritionist how you feel about the weigh ins. I'm sure she is accustom to anxious clients and may have just the right words to help you put the weigh in portion of your appointment in perspective or a suggestion to help you manage the tension in the week leading up to it. If all you do is a weigh in with her maybe you could suggest that she take your measurements in addition? I think we are all scale obsessed to a degree - or at least have been at one time or another. The important thing is that we remind ourselves that the scale is just ONE of many tools we can use to measure our success.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #11  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

I agree with everyone else, the scale can be the devil in disguise. I felt like I was going to get attached to my scale, so I finally threw it away. There's not a scale in the house except the little one that I measure food on, and I won't fit on that! There's no way for me to weigh myself now except when I go to my ww meeting, and that keeps me sane. I weigh the same time each week, same clothing, etc.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #12  

Height: 5.6

I was stressing so much about weigh-ins so much that now - I only weigh-in once a month - that is the only one that counts for me.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #13  

I will also be throwing the scales out -- kind of drastic, but I have done it before and I feel so much better!! I'm going to measure myself this week, and let the nutritionist weigh me every two weeks. I know when I'm doing well and when I'm not, the scales really don't tell me anything I don't already know!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
I weigh the same time each week, same clothing, etc.
Those clothes must be getting huge on you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:19 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post

I know when I'm doing well and when I'm not, the scales really don't tell me anything I don't already know!!!
That's EXACTLY it. We can't do more then eat well and exercise. We just can't. The scale will do what the scale will do. Sticking to plan will result in a weight loss (if only eventually).

Weighing in at your nutritionist sounds like a great idea.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote