South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/232/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Belgian waffle mess!

Hi everyone, I made the Belgian Waffles the other day pancake style in a small fry pan and they turned out great. For this reason I went out and purchased a belgian waffle maker. I greased the waffle maker a tiny bit and poured in the batter. When the ready light came on I opened it and tried to remove my 2 waffles. They were completely stuck to the thing! My waffle came out in tiny pieces. Could anyone help? Do you have to use a lot of oil to grease the irons? I really love this recipie.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not my area of expertise but I think you have to "season" a waffle iron to make it non-stick. Did it come with instructions?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just Googled and got this:
Quote:
Seasoning & Cleaning Waffle Irons
To season plug in waffle iron and let it heat up for 4-5 minutes. Take a pastry brush and spread vegetable oil, butter, non-stick spray such as Vegelene. The waffle iron should then be closed for 5-10 minutes. For proper release of waffles it is very important that the batter contains the proper amount of shortening.

Clean the waffle iron everyday it is in use. Do not clean the grids unless a buildup of carbon forms. On waffle irons that do NOT have Teflon coated grids, in order to remove carbon from the grids, disconnect, place cloth over the bottom grid, soak with ammonia, close lid and leave over night. Next day, wire brush top and bottom of grids to remove carbon. Then heat and season grids. This should not be done on Teflon coated grids. To keep carbon from building up do not use a non-stick spray but one that you can use with a pastry brush.
Note the last sentence!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Swimgirl: I cook the waffles every Sunday. So good and a nice treat for being good.

I found it takes longer for this recipe to cook...So don't open that iron so fast.

Today I made them with only the ege whites, B.P. and R. Cheese...did not use electric beaters but beated the whites with a whip some what and then added the rest...Turned out just as good...I found syrup with Splenda which is very good..
You might have to season your iron as Ruth said...Just either brush oil on the cooking surface and you are set...I naver have to add oil or spray any more.
Closed Thread