Height: 5'0"

Default Fit Day PC vs Free Fit Day

Is Fit Day PC worth the $20?

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I use the pc version, just because I have a general aversion to storing any kind of personal information on-line - I may be a bit paranoid, but I'm the same way with other data. That said, I don't believe there is a significant difference in the tracking abilities of both, except I think the pc version has more reports available (not that I really look at anything beyond average calories, nutrition breakdowns and fat/protein/carb breakdowns).

I think they have a trial period where you can download the pc version and try it out to decide if you like it. Why not try out both versions and decide if the $20 is worth it to you.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

It is worth it to me because I do a lot of cooking and it allows me to enter custom foods and recipes much easier than the online version. Even better, it allows me to change them easily, which is a big plus since I don't always use the exact same amounts of my ingredients from time to time.

The downside is that you can't make it public, you can't import the information that you have already created on the web version, and if you use it on multiple computers you will need to move the fitday file that is created from computer to computer.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #4  
Meg

I bought the PC version and then went back to the free version. The PC one seemed too complicated and I couldn't import my HUGE custom food list. I think I'm just so comfortable with the on-line version that I never gave it a chance.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #5  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

off topic here but n my custom food list the food keeps dissappearing when i add new stuff, where can i find it? lol
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

at the very bottom of the custom food pull down it says... all custom foods... click on that and it will take you to another page.
I need to clean my custom foods.

Thanks for the info. I've worked so hard over time with my custom food list I'd hate to start over. It's a great program considering it's free!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I used the free online version for a few days and decided I didn't want to chance NOT being able to access it if the internet goes down. So, I bought it. Well worth $20. (that is less than a good book costs these days) This version has a lot more options than the free online one does. I am still learning new things about it all the time. I know that the lifestyle I have now I needed to have this to help me be accountable to me. Yep, I am worth it.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #8  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I have the paid one and I don't even use it anymore. It'd be 100x better if there was an interface with the web version - so you could enter your food online (like when I'm at work) and import it into the program. Now I just use Spark People.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote