View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #80
Sapphire Spirit

Hey Girls! This is my very 1st post here....this forum is exactly what I am looking for rather than a 'diet' group as such. I hope to get to know you all better soon....

First name (if you want to tell): Amy
Meaning of user name: A reference to the shining spirit within
Geographical location: Queensland, AUSTRALIA
Marital Status: Married
Children/Ages: 2 beautiful blessings - Lachlan (4 3/4) Sophie (7 mths)
Occupation: currently a SAHM. I'm a social worker and also have an interest in mind/body medicine and alternative therapies.
Pets: None. Our beloved dog passed away just over a year ago. We have moved since then and need to build a fence at the front of the house before we get another one - hopefully this year.
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, alternate health and spirituality, family time, music
Height: 5'8"
Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 2, 2007 (this is about my 1,678th journey LOL)
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 116/116/75kg
Problem: compulsive eating, emotional eating, binging
Plan/Way of Eating: No 'diet' as such...just healthy eating, increased exercise and getting to the bottom of the emotional issues behind my destructive patterns
Favorite exercise Walking, swimming, gym
Favorite movies: There are so many.......The Green Mile, The Colour Purple, Remember the Titans, Charlie's Angels, Harry Potter....that's just off the top of my head
Favorite books/plays: Anything about mind/body health, new age, angels, bios....also love crime/mystery fiction, humor. My favourite authors are Bryce Courtney (an Aussie) and Marian Keyes.
Music: Love Music!!! soooooooo many great Aussie bands eg. Powderfinger, Eskimo Joe, Jet, Bernard Fanning, The Waifs, George....I could go on and on.
Favorite Quote(s): see siggy....also like, 'Don't blow out someone else's candle to make your own burn brighter.'
Favorite People (dead and living): My favourite people are those with compassionate hearts, willing to take a stand for what they believe in, a great sense of humour, non judgemental, willing to try new things, have an open and strong mind.
People I canít stand: Any bimbo promoting the concept of self worth being about looks, body shape and money to the young women of the world.
Places youíve been: Never been overseas.....sadly.
Places you want to visit: UK, USA, Canada, Thailand....anywhere really.
Pivotís questions (donít think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? beautiful
02. What is your least favorite word? hate
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? spontaneity
04. What turns you off? constant criticising
05. What is your favorite curse word? bloody ****
06. What sound or noise do you love? rain on a tin roof, the sound of my kids giggling
07. What sound or noise do you hate? whining
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Retail - own my own plus size clothing shop with funky, cool and affordable clothing that doesn't assume fat people don't have any fashion sense or taste!!
09. What profession would you not like to do? ironing lady
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Good to see ya....come and put your feet up and have a cocktail!
Any other tidbits you would like to share: I love a good thunder storm, football, sleeping in and meeting new people. I'm scared of frogs and chooks.

'I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship' ~ Louisa May Alcott

Sapphire Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote