Old 02-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default So, what's for dinner tonight? FEBRUARY

We started this thread on January 22nd and have compiled 7 pages worth. Wow! In order to make it easier I thought we'd make it a monthly. I think most of us here are benefiting from one another's dinner plans. I for one have gotten many great ideas. Which is no surprise, cause we've got a bunch of great ladies here!

Having said that, I don't have the best meal planned for tonight, but since I HARDLY EVER eat bread it is kind of a treat for me.

Homemade Red Lentil Soup and

Tuna fish with diced red onions, diced tomatoes, diced kirbys and shredded lettuce in mini whole wheat pita bread.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

We will be having stir fry with chicken breast over brown rice. I LOVE chopping all those vegies up - it is so colorful!!! (I use a couple of teaspoons of EVOO to do the stir fry) For the brown rice, I put some boullion, onion and garlic in to cook with it! (then I use the leftovers for some whole grain in my salads for the week!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I know I'm the boring one Tonight will be leftovers of my pasta and shrimp. It is oh so good. Oh and a side of green beans.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #4  

We are having lemon grilled fish. Yum! I haven't had fish in a while so I'm looking forward to it. Probably some sort of steamed veggie and a salad to go with it.
avsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #5  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Oh, what a good idea!

I'm not exactly sure yet, I just baked off a bunch of chicken so i'll use that as a base.

It will be either chicken tacos with salsa verde, sprouted corn tortillas, and lots of veggie stuffing, or baked chicken with italian stlye Kashi (7 grains)cooked in tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions with spring greens salad.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Tonight we are going to try a Jenni-O Turkey Tenderloin? Never had one just
came across it in the store hope it's good!!!! I will probably do some whole wheat penne pasta w/ parmesan and some sort of veggie! Now I am really hungry..... Have a happy dinner.
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantforgetthis View Post
Oh, what a good idea!

I'm not exactly sure yet, I just baked off a bunch of chicken so i'll use that as a base.

It will be either chicken tacos with salsa verde, sprouted corn tortillas, and lots of veggie stuffing, or baked chicken with italian stlye Kashi (7 grains)cooked in tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions with spring greens salad.
Yum! I'd love to know how you make both of those!!! Where do you get your sprouted corn tortillas? I seem to have luck finding sprouted bread, but not tortillas. Mmmmmm, chicken tacos...
avsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I am sick, so will be having chicken soup & orange juice.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #9  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking I am planning...

thin sliced chicken breasts sprayed with a little olive oil and dipped in seasoned parm. cheese. I bake it with some roasted veggies. The kids will have rice.
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #10  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

chicken tortilla thinggys lol, chicken in a low cal tortilla with lettuce tomato salsa and sour cream...yummmmmmmmmmmmmm
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #11  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan2 View Post
Yum! I'd love to know how you make both of those!!! Where do you get your sprouted corn tortillas? I seem to have luck finding sprouted bread, but not tortillas. Mmmmmm, chicken tacos...
They are made by the same company that makes the Ezequiel 4:9 sprouted breads, "Food for Life" http://www.foodforlife.com/ I was soooo excited to see them but bought them rather reluctantly since I
tried their regular sprouted grain tortillas and found them difficult to work with. Those were good to make chips or a quesadilla. The corn are smaller, but much better to make tacos with. No added oil, yeast, or flour. The only place i've found them was at one Whole Foods in my area. Not all of them have them, although if I were to ask, they would order them.

Kashi is the brand name for a blend of 7 grains and sesame seeds. I use it just like rice, although it's unprocessed whole grains. It comes in one cup packages and I just put that in a big pot of my own defatted chicken stock, usually 1.5 times the amount they say (3 cups) with unsalted tomato paste and dried tomatoes for and intense flavor, and then add dried or fresh mixed wild mushrooms, carmelized onions (better flavor that way) and let it simmer until just under done. I put that in a casserole dish with the chicken and bake it. And it is yummy!
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

We will be having chili made from a buffalo sirloin roast and lots of beans.
My 4 y/o wanted the hug on here. She will not have chili.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

On Thursdays, I have my TOPS meeting after work, so I don't actually get home till pretty late. This once a week, I stop at Subway for our dinner on my way home from my meeting, and then I'll get home around 9pm. I will have a 6" sweet onion chicken teriyaki on honey oat bread--no cheese, lettuce and sweet onion sauce as the only toppings with the chicken. Oh, and 1 Subway cookie (flavor TBD based upon availability)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #14  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

That chicken stir fry sounds like a good idea. I just pulled a recipe off the net and I'm going to try that tonight!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #15  

Height: 5.6

Hubby worked late tonight - the kids really wanted something we have not had in a looong time so.... we had

Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches

So to try and make it a bit healthier (don't know if worked or not) I made it on multi-grain bread.

Not sure how this ranks as a dinner - but there it is.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote