Old 01-31-2007, 08:21 PM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Thumbs down Vent!

Okay, so long story short. I went to the grocery store and at the checkout I forgot my pin number for my debit card(in Canada you cant use it as a credit card). I came home empty handed.

LONG story...long.
I bundled up my daughter, put on a hundred layers of clothes...walk the 5 or 6 blocks to the store. Do ALLLL my crockery shopping. Find totally good deals on semi-old peppers (all colors). I wage an ethical debate on whether or not to get pancake mix or not (I decided not w00 lol). I fight the urges to get cheese and salty snacks ...cakes and what not. I do soooo good. I get to the check out and blah. I forget my pin number. I try twice. I try to call home but I realise I HAVE NO CHANGE (and i dont have a cell phone). I call collect. No answer. DUH!! Your husband is at work. I try to 3rd party a collect call to my home (someone has to be home to accept). I try to 3rd party to my mom (she doesnt accept collect calls). I walk home in the cold. My hands frozen....

On the way home I kept thinking of how I'd like to eat this and that. I was so angry because I don't have time to do grocery shopping. It's soo difficult to do with my daughter in the stroller & alot of time I just don't like to go to the store cause of the temptation.

Anyway, I'm not sabotaging myself today. I've done great diet wise and at least I got my exercise done.

I feel better now.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Ah, Temple...how aggravating that must have been! Vent away!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 PM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Oh Temple, I can empathize with that!

Though maybe once forgotten, always remembered? That's what I hear
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I have done this myself. Not only did I forget the damned pin number, but I never ever figured out what it was. The pin I'd been using for years just - wham right out of my brain never to return.

Boy I can't wait to get older... *LOL*

Good for you for resisting the urge to sabotage!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Templebody, I feel for you!! I had the same experience as Lizziness....forgot the damned number entirely, never to remember again. I got so frustrated I went to the bank to have my PIN changed....huh....you have to put the OLD number in to be able to change it!!! I finally had to request a new card (which took 7-10 days to arrive) so that I would get the dumb letter in the mail telling me what my "new" pin was. Makes you want to jump up and down and stomp your feet!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:28 AM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

in a strange way, it is a good feeling to know you're not the only one out there that has had this problem though...
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Oh honey what an experience. Im sorry you went through that but well done on looking on the brightside - walking home and getting exercise.
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

LOL I just did the same thing, walked all the way to the post office, mailed a box and tried to use the ATM and behold I had forgotten my atm card. Had to walk all the way home empty handed. And I needed the money to pay the delivery COD today too so I have to pretend I'm not home when he comes.
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote