Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I...I...sound...like THAT?!?!

OMGZ

I want to cry.

I bought a webcam to take videos for myself. I heard my own voice..I sound like Dilbert!!!

I never sounded like that on out regular diggie cam.

Can the camera really mess with your voice?

PLEASE TELL ME IT CAN!!! I don't need one MORE thing to be self-conscious about.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #2  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm sure it's just the camera. I swear I sound like Mickey Mouse on almost all recording devices but people have assured me over and over again that my voice doesn't really sound like that. And I know the headphones I use for talking on the phone distort my voice because I've heard it recorded both with and without the headphones. There is potential for distortion with anything device that amplifies or records and some are worse than others.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #3  

Everyone thinks their own voice sounds weird when it is played back to them. Don't worry about it.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

>_<

I DESPISE my voice when I hear it played back to me...My boyfriend says he likes my voice, but it sounds horrible when I hear it played back.

It might be the device...the device will alter it a little bit.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

The message on my phone sounds HORRIBLE, but at work on the PA? I sound SO good! Yes they can totally play with your voice, and sometimes if you are feeling tense vs relaxed your voice will come across differently. Don't sweat it - have a laugh and move on!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #6  
Destination:ONEderland!

S/C/G: 375/360/199

Height: 5'9

I can definitely relate to this! I hate how my voice sounds when I hear it play on video or some other type of recording,but everyone tells me they like my voice and even my little sister says she wishes her voice were like mine. UGH! I think it's too deep or hoarse.I don't really know,but I just don't like how it sounds. There's really nothing I can do about it,though...so I just live with it.
IwannaLoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Everyone says I sound like my sister, who I think sounds very nice. But when I hear my own voice on a recorded message, I think it sounds very flat. Ick. Every year my charity group has a big event and I had to MC it last year. Then I bought the DVD. OMG, it was torture listening to myself AND watching it! I wonder how actors do it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I act, I have my plays on VHS, I hate every single second of it. My voice, everything. I just figure maybe when I am 80 if the film hasn't totally disintegrated by then maybe I'll appreciate it.

The worst of the videos is that the place they have the camera set up is ABOVE the audience slightly...like where the spotlight booth would be. Nothing like a short fat person being photographed from that angle to make me go ...Oh....My.....God.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150 / ticker / 120

Height: 5' 1"

LOL!! I've always been told I have a "young" voice... and I always cringe when I hear my own voice mail recording, etc.

But the WORST is when occasionally a telemarketer will ask to "speak to my parents"... it doesn't happen more than once or twice a year, thank goodness, but how's THAT for embarrassing (btw I'm in my 30's).
Elspeth73 is offline   Reply With Quote