Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 PM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Planning for Tuesday, January 30

I did well on Monday (well, it's not even 6:30pm Monday here yet, but I don't plan on eating anything else calorically-dense tonight), so time to plan for Tuesday!

I skipped my oatmeal on Monday and had turkey burgers w/bacon and cheese on wheat buns for dinner instead of the orange chicken. I LOVE the orange chicken, so I made a batch of it anyway and split it into 4 containers to bring for lunches for the rest of the week--that way, I can have it 4 times instead of just 1 night

And so, Tuesday's plan:
  • Kashi Heart to Heart cereal w/banana and skim milk
  • sandwich - ham, turkey, provolone, and soy mayo on whole grain bread
  • Lean Cuisine - chicken pecan (with rice and snap peas)
  • orange chicken and broccoli (homemade)
  • Healthy Choice meal - classic chicken bbq
That's less than 1500 calories total (1471 per Fitday), so I might add a snack after dinner (some soy crisps or sugar-free pudding or something).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:09 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Brekky
egg on toast

Snack
chicken bites, grapes, goat's cheese

GYM - chest presses, abs, squats and calf raises

Lunch
turkey sandwich

Snack
BfL apple pie

Kickboxing

Dinner
cc pancakes
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #3  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

b- light french toast(ww bread dipped in egg&milk, fried in my t-fal pan, topped w/ splenda and ED smith no sugar added maple syrup MMMM)
S-ff puddin
L-Salad, turkey sandwich w/ mayo
S-banana
D-chicken done in the crockpot,potato, veg's
S-100 cal bag of popcorn
Water-3.5 L
Exercize- not feeling too great, feel dizzy so may not go on bike today i will see how i feel later,and def not walking today, its like -20 brrrrrrrrrr
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #4  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

B-weight control maple and brown sugar oatmeal
S-cashews
L-clam chowder
D-mango/coconut tilapia
E-4 mile walk

Yesterday was pretty good eating wise. I'm finally starting to get an appetite back so thats good.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I did great yesterday till Karden made me get ice cream Okay he didn't MAKE me but he took me there as a suprise and was so upset when I wouldnt get any, cuz he was trying to do something nice (we never go out) so I had a small one... but still 600 cals! I know one thing wont kill me; but there has been a few things lately - and next week is gonna be SOOOOOO bad

anyway on to today

B- yogurt; scrambled egg whites; english muffin with light cream cheese; coffee with 0 cal syrup

I am going to pack:
half a can of tuna mixed with a small amount of mayo and hot pepper relish; 2-3 crispbreads; 3 pickles; miso soup; raisin bran bar; thinsations; and the last yogurt (prob wont eat it all)

D- not sure

I will drink at least 4 liters of water (only got 3 in yeserday )

and I just finished 75min on my bike
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #6  

Another day, another entry...

B: 1/2c steel cut oats w. 1/4c egg whites, w. frozen rasberries and blueberries= 250cal

S: 1 med banana and 1 of my homemade oatmeal cookie= 125cal

L: meeting dad @pf changs.. I will order the buddha feast which is steemed vegies w. steemed chicken. no sauce (I'll use a little soy sauce) w. 1/2c brown rice= 400cal

S: 1/3c ff cottage cheese mixed w. 2T ff yogurt= 80cal

D: leftover chilli= 200cal

S: 1/3c ff yogurt w. frozen strawberries= 100cal

Wk: Teach yoga class tonight
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Jilly, the marinated baked chicken breast you turned me onto came out GREAT! Could you please post a few of your recipes? Maybe for the orange chicken and tell me which marinades you're using as lots of them are very high in calories. I finally found a barbeque marinade that wasn't too bad, but the others were very fattening. Let me know which brands you're using if you have time.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:08 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
Jilly, the marinated baked chicken breast you turned me onto came out GREAT! Could you please post a few of your recipes? Maybe for the orange chicken and tell me which marinades you're using as lots of them are very high in calories. I finally found a barbeque marinade that wasn't too bad, but the others were very fattening. Let me know which brands you're using if you have time.
Here's for the orange chicken:
I don't really measure things, so I will try to be as specific as possible. I did measure some ingredients yesterday to try for a more accurate calorie count, so let's see if I can remember correctly:
  • 1 package (mine was about 1.33 pounds, I think) of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks (I use 99% lean tenderloins--easier to cut into small pieces)
  • Marinate and cook in the following mixture (I cook it in a wok so I can add the broccoli all to the same pan):
    • 3-4 T soy sauce (I use reduced-sodium)
    • 1/2 cup orange juice
    • 1-2 white cooking wine
    • 2 t ground ginger
    • 2 shakes crushed red pepper
    • garlic and/or onion powder to taste
    • 3 T honey
  • Once the chicken is cooked, add 1 jar sugar-free (or no sugar added?) orange marmalade. Cook and stir until the marmalade mixes with the rest of the sauce and the chicken is cooked.
  • Add 2 small bags of frozen broccoli florets and cook to desired crispness.
I made this last night and split it into 4 containers for lunch for the next 4 days. The chicken and all sauce ingredients come to about 260 calories per serving (when using the above amounts for 4 servings--I didn't worry about the number of calories in the broccoli).

As for other marinades, I just use whatever sounds good. The beauty of marinating rather than baking in a sauce is that most of the marinade stays in the bag (or whatever container you used to marinate the meat). I just use Ken's or whatever is on sale. I don't worry much about actual fat grams since I typically have very very little fat in my diet anyway,so I'm not too worried about how many grams come from a few tablespoons of marinade.

I did find a bbq sauce at Whole Foods yesterday that is only 25 calories for 2 Tablespoons and is all organic, which is nice--it's usually hard to find things that are both organic AND low-cal. I had some on my turkey burgers last night, and it tasted fine to me.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

B~egg whites scrambled with Morning Star Farms crumbles, lf cheese and rolled in a ww tortilla
S~apple
L~salad with chicken
S~6 Triscuits with laughing cow cheese
S~tangelo (if needed)
D~Italian vegetable pie with green beans
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Thanks for the recipe Jill, I'll have to get those ingredients and report back. With the wine, did you mean 1-2 tblspoons or cups?

I just got back from a short trip, so getting back OP:

whole grain roll w/ butter
subway sandwich: dbl turkey w/ cheese, veggies, vinegar
chinese food: steamed chicken breast, steamed mixed veggies, steamed brown rice, then fried by me at home using 1 tablespoon oil
Kashi hot cereal w/ 2 tblspoons walnuts
FF yogurt

total is 1600 calories
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:44 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
Thanks for the recipe Jill, I'll have to get those ingredients and report back. With the wine, did you mean 1-2 tblspoons or cups?
Oh, ya know, 1-2 of whatever measuring devide you happen to pull out of your cabinet

I meant Tablespoons...sorry