Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Thin Wannabees Weekly Chit-Chat (Jan 29 thru Feb 4) EVERYONE WELCOME!

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #2  
CJ

Ok everyone! Chat away! I'll be back later tonite.

Love, CJ
Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi CJ, The picture here is taken from our front porch and that is Pikes Peak. We have had lots of snow here this year too and expecting more here tonight. We have had 7 straight weekends of snow storms! And they are saying this coming weekend will not be any different! I am so ready for Summer!

The "WATP" is Leslie Sansone Walking Away The Pounds DVD. I have the one that has the "Muscle Mile Walk", "30 Minute Walk", and "Walk Strong" on it. I am able to do both the Muscle Mile One (1 mile) and the 30 Minute Walk (2 miles) on it back to back. But I have been able to conquer the Walk Strong yet. I have another one of her DVD's coming and should get here today. It has the "Get Up And Get Started", "High Calorie Burn" and "Super Fat Burning" workouts on it. I'm hoping to do the 150 crunches on the ab lounge, the WATP workouts, and then about 30 minutes on the treadmill. But if I can that would equal about 11 miles a day.

They have a "walking group" than meets in Woodland Park and I want to join that as soon as the weather turns nice. Right now there is so much snow piled everywhere there in no place to walk! I have a Stroller ordered for "the girls" so that I can take them with me. I know they would get tired walking that far plus they would want to stop adn give everyone kisses along the way!!! So I'm really hoping for soem nice weather soon.

It sounds like you keep really busy with knitting--- I love to do that too. Right now I have a bunch of Granny squares that I have crocheted and plan to make a bedspread for my granddaughter. It keeps mu hands busy and not eating!!!

Well, better get some stuff done around here. I've already done my crunches and 3 miles of the WATP's--- Still have my 30 minutes to do on the treadmill. Just needed to take a break in between.
Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 02-05-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #4  

Hello Everyone,
I got the stroller for the "girls" today Now if it ever quits snowing we will be ready to get in some serious walking outside!! I also got the new Walk Away The Pounds DVD today so I can add those to my routine that I already have going. I'm really hoping that by the time that it gets nice enough to use the stroller I won't look like a goodyear blimp pushing it!! Ginger and Sissy aren't to sure about it yet but I think once they have been around it a bit and realize they are going somewhere when they are in it they will be excited about it.

Sure hope everyone is having a good evening and I was just excited about getting both the stroller and the new DVD's today!!
Will catch you all tomorrow.
Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 02-05-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Gooooooooooo Indianapolis Colts!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

How is everyone, did you all have a great weekend? I worked at H & R Block-it is our peak time now-all weekend and have been busy all last week going to my schools every day doing assessments. So I have been busy and this is the first time I have had to post.

KimV-I am with you and luckily have Super Bowl Sunday off from Block. I am so excited, daughter Kelly and her husband, Brian are having a Super Bowl Party with all the goodies that go with it. Can't wait for that one, maybe I better bring some veggies and low fat dip just in case, there is things I can't eat. Wish I was watching the game with you to see Hannah cheer the Colts on. I know how you feel about working at Block, today I was downtown having lunch with my Block Office Manager-I was off from both jobs today. Anyways by the time I walked her back to the office at the mall where we are located she found out that one of the receptionist working days had went to lunch and never came back. LOL So of course Vicky, our office manager asked me if I could stay and work in her place. So I did for about 4 hours and actually made back what I had spend for lunch and than some. LOL

CJ-Oh great that you got Tracy's blanket, for Tyler, almost done. I can't wait to see it. Oh did you say you were making Tracy/Tyler a sweater? Or did you mean a blanket? I read Sweater, unless it was a slip of the fingers. LOL So I guess you are really working hard on all of your blankets now. Kelly and I are giving Tracy a shower this month, Feb 17th with some of her friends and she will eventually have your blanket and my Office Manager at H & R Block is crocheting her a blanket too. So she is so excited that she will have 2 blankies for Tyler.

Karen-I love those Leslie Sanson Walk Aways The Pounds video's. I try to fit one in whatever I can. I have dozens of them, probabally most of her tapes, some DVD's, and older video's too. Whenever I feel the need for a new one, I just get online and order another one to keep things fresh. I also have the Leslie Sansone Walkblaster with the colored steps. I love that one. Wow you do 11 miles of walking per day. Wow I am tired just thinking about so many miles, but good for you, that is sure to help you get to where you want to be. Gosh you have pomerarians too, we used to have one many years ago, his name was Caesar and he was the cutest little golden pomeranian. When we would even raise out voice to him he would roll over and you would suddenly see this fountain spurting up from him. LOL Oh my gosh, those were the days, he was a funny funny dog. LOL I'll bet you really enjoy your two pom's, they look like cute doggies to me. The stroller is for the doggies right?

Well guys, better get off here and get to bed, have an early morning in the morning. Have to be at my Supervisor's house by 6 AM to go to our school we are assessing.

Have a wonderful week and remember to cheer our Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. Unless of course you are from Chicago or for the Bears. But we are very proud to be in the Superbowl, 1st time ever for the Indy Colts and the last time was when they were the Baltimore Colts was 21 years ago. So watch the game and GO COLTS!

Talk to you later, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 01-29-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 AM   #6  

Hi Sharon,
I realy like the WATP videos too. I have one of her old ones when she was Leslie Tommelleo. That was way back when she had BIG hair!!! I wasn't sure if Sansone was the same person until I got the DVD's but you can't mistake her. I'm not doing 11 miles just yet but that is what I'm working towards. Right now I'm doing about 5 but if I can do all the workouts and my treadmill it will be about 11 miles. I pushing for it!!
Yeah, the stroller is for the "girls" They aren't spoiled at all!! I'm wanting to join the walking group in Woodland Park as soon as the snow goes away and this way they can come with me. They each have their own car seat too and they love riding in them where they can see out the window.
You have a good evening and don't work to hard.
Karen
Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #7  
CJ

Wow - where did the week go? Hi everyone - sorry I haven't been in here but have been extremely busy and this week just flew by! I even lost a day - when I got up this morning I thought it was Monday! LOL

Sharon:
Sorry - the "sweater" was a misprint - I meant blanket. I am so almost done with it - working like crazy so I can get it to you for Tracey's shower! I think I am going to make it! I'll let you know when it's on it's way so you can look for it - I'll have it wrapped so you can give it to her at the shower.

Karen:
So how are you doing on your walking tapes? Have you been able to take "the girls" for a walk yet in their strollers?

Well, I worked a bit harder this week on getting in more of my water - of course, made it to Curves 5 days. It's been so darn cold here I just don't want to do anything but sit inside in front of the fire and knit. We are below zero (2 below) and it's suppose to go down to 8 below tonite yet. Brrrrrrrrrr............

I'll start the new thread for next week tomorrow -- maybe someone will still come and post on this one still ...

Off to clean up my dinner dishes ... hope to talk to ya all soon.

Love, CJ
Closed Thread