Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Core Chat: January 29- February 5, 2007

Good morning, and here's some new pages.

There are posts from last night on last week's board. Don't forget to catch up!

Rhonda
Old 01-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, chickies.

Vickie, this is for you from all of us. Stay strong, my friend.

The folks from the Air Force are starting to trickle in. Testing doesn't start until this afternoon but they are catering in lunch for everyone all week. Today is Panda Express, tomorrow is from a local Italian place, Wednesday is breakfast burritos from Marquez (another local place but their tortillas are sold nationwide) and then Thursday is chili, stew and cornbread from Red, Hot & Blue. I brought my lunch today so I wouldn't be tempted but we'll see how that goes. Panda is one of my favorites. Plus the scale was 142.0 this morning, darn it. I was hoping to be under 141. Oh well. My weigh-in on Thursday for the first week of the challenge should still be good. I'm hoping for 139. I think a lot of my 142 is from eating out a few times over the weekend. It wasn't exactly what I'd call low-sodium.

Be back in a bit.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 276.8/265.4/160

Vickie

Hi ladies!!

Today has been incredibly busy! I'm still not done everything for the new semester to start tomorrow (for my students) and I only have 20-25 minutes before I need to leave for my grad class Looks like I will be up late tonight and up super early tomorrow... there really aren't enough hours in the day!

Anyway, I still need to get a lot done.. so I am out for tonight!

I hope ya'll have had a fab day!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:46 PM   #4  

Good afternoon ladies!
Today has been some day already, I was in my kitchen cleaning up and I hear scratching and thumping in my attic, now I am freaking because it is getting louder and more frantic. I called my dh six times to come home, I am telling him we have a animal in the attic, now I hear it really loud in my bathroom, there is a vent in my bathroom ceiling that is a little loose, so now I am getting all panicky that whatever is lurking in my attic is going to come through the vent, so I close my bathroom door and block the bottom of the door with a towel. Dh finally comes home ang goes into the attic, our attic is more of a crawl space that is the length of the house. He does not see any animal but he does see a bit of daylight, looks like something was trying to get into the attic, hopefully it did not get in and was hiding from him. He was out there for quite a while and patched up the hole it made trying to get in.
It was so creepy, I was really freaked out, I was picturing a rat or something like it. More than likely it was a squirrel, we have tons of those here, but I think I spooked myself.

Kathy my brother use to be in the Air Force, he was stationed at Dover in Delaware.

Vickie here are some more

I have to get ds from the school bus, I'll read what I missed and catch up.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

hi there, ladies. we're home from training. i started shooting my longbow again today after being off from it about a month. it was fun to "fling" those arrows again.

frouf, i'm going to have popcorn and a movie later today either before or after w a. i thought of what you'd written about your anniversary dinner making you sick. the same thing happened to me this weekend. we ate some rich sweets (and i normally won't touch sugar when i'm competing) and a big meal at "old chicago" sat night. i was sick sat night and sunday. lots of trips to the rr between shooting ends. maybe my weight is down today because of all of my trips up and down the stairs. the rr was on the floor above where we were competing.

thank you for asking about the tournament. ahem...... how do i word this? let's just say this was a wonderful learning experience. i had trouble keeping my mental game intact. no excuses. i should have kept my focus (much like i should keep focused on being op). by the last 3 shots of the tournament i thought that everything that could go wrong had, but i was wrong. there was one more to come. when i was walking up to shoot my last 3 arrows, my belt holding my quiver/arrows fell off my waist. i had to grab it and put it on. the timer saw me and didn't start the clock till i was "dressed". that was nice of him. i don't think many places would have waited on me. oh, well. life goes on.

we are going to butte this sat/sun for another tournament. this will be our last before we go to salt lake city in march. i'm going to shoot my compound and my longbow this time. i'm working on my mental game right now for both archery and ww.

hi there, mdturgle. it's good to meet you. i'm a retired teacher. been there done that with the grading. that's a very very good photo of you. thank you for sharing. it's good to "see" what all the chickies look like. some of us have photos posted over in our personal stuff. the best way to find us is to click our username then go to "public profile." thank you again for letting us see you. curtis and i went to kuau'i a few years ago. how did you like the roosters in the mornings? we still talk about them. we went on our first anniversary. that would be 2000. we're old but we're still newlyweds.

coco, your being back is inspiring me, too. it's good to see your posts. you're right. we just have to forgive ourselves and get back on track. i was shocked when i got on the scales this am. my weight was down from friday. i guess i did better than i'd thought on our trip.

paula, you and your mom will mend that fence. i'm glad you're recognizing that it's grief causing her irritibility.

vickie, i'm thinking of you. come back here as soon as you can. you need the normalcy of being here--and we need you.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

i just copied and pasted the post i put on last week's here. this is 2 weeks in a row that i posted on the wrong week. oh, well. lucy lives.

kathy, my weight was back to where i'd started last week but i was relieved. guess these are just numbers and we shouldn't worry too much but it's hard, isn't it?

rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

noises in the attic? i'd freak, too. i'm going to be here by myself for several days/nights in march. i'll prob freak a few times then. i'm afraid of our furnace room downstairs. i know that's silly for a 60 year old woman to be afraid but that furnace makes weird noises.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow Niki - that sounds pretty scary to me. I once had a bird come down the chimney into the fireplace - luckily had the glass in place - but it was sure freaking me out - and the bird wasn't too happy either (and this was when I was divorced so no one to help me out) but I worked at this lab with lots of vets so at lunchtime (I lived only 5 mins away) I got one of them to come to my house - I of course stood outside - and they went it to get the bird and let it go!

And in our new house here they put these cheap plastic vents up - and the birds love to build their next in the dryer vent - yes dh had to get this big wire to scrape it all up - cut a hole in the garage ceiling too - what a big mess for one little bird - we now have chicken wire across the vents to prevent this happening again.

Sandra - sounds like you did okay - despite the 'dropped' belt! I guess your body is also telling you what you should and should not eat! I know the feeling!

Good luck Ann with your class tonight and with being prepared for tomorrow!

Kathy - sounds like a yummy time at your work - I would find it VERY HARD to resist all that food! My scale also up bit - probably and hopefully due to sodium - trying to drink more water today (not doing that great a job tho )

And looks like Ray and some of my other internet cruise pals have already got their cruise DOCUMENTS - I am so jealous and can't wait to get mine too - it makes it all seem more real!

Time to head home! I am starving by the way!

Froufie
Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #8  
Melissa

OK I couldn't wait to get home and tell you all that I actually had a loss at w/i tonight! My first ever w/i (well last week was the starting w/i) and I had a 1.8 pound loss!! Yippee!! That was really exciting considering that I did not follow a plan last week at all. I just wasn't focused and then the whole episode with the car...I tried to make good choices but wasn't following flex or core. But still a loss! I'm thrilled!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:40 PM   #9  

Hey melissa congratulations on the loss!!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #10  
Melissa

Thank you Niki!

I'm going to go cook some dinner, then I'll catch up with you all.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #11  

Yay, Melissa!! You go!

I was sitting right on 145.0 tonight, which is 3 more than morning. I KNOW not to do it, but still I do. So here's the deal: I'm not weighing until Thursday morning. If I have to take out the battery, I will.

And I had some beer tonight. Good grief, when will I learn? And some popcorn this afternoon, which was totally unplanned. I went into the breakroom and someone had made popcorn (we have a big theater type machine) and then walked off and left it. The popped corn had come out, but the kettle was still spinning and there was burned, very burned popcorn in it. I turned it off and dumped it out, then figured while I was there I might as well have some. Some of the good stuff, not that burned popcorn. I ate about a cup probably.

Well, anyway, there's always tomorrow. I keep thinking that "tomorrow" is the day I start behaving and not having the bad stuff. It's true what they say though ... tomorrow never comes.

Oh and hey, I bought some Cherry Coke Zero today. It's new here and someone said it was really good. I hope to substitute my morning stop for a real Coke with this. We'll see.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:31 PM   #12  

Evening Everyone
Just a quick post. Had WI tonight. And wasnt good. But knew it wouldnt be. I gained 2 1/2 lbs.
So tomorrow. New day. New begining.
And put what happen last week behind. Cause I cant change it. I can only learn from what I did. And try and not do that this week.
But it is still upsetting. Cause I just figured it out. I had lost 52 lbs. And I have gained 30 back. So I really need something. But dont know what. But I know that if stop going to WW. I would have gained it all back. That is all I see good right now.
Well I better get off here.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco
Old 01-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #13  

Came back to report that I just had four Girl Scout cookies. I need someone to come over here and duct tape my mouth.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Quote:
I KNOW not to do it, but still I do. So here's the deal: I'm not weighing until Thursday morning. If I have to take out the battery, I will.
Kathy - I"m with you - our own personal scale challenge? We SHALL NOT WEIGH OURSELVES UNTIL THE OFFICIAL END OF WEEK 1 LOSE TO CRUISE WEIGH IN ON THURSDAY MORNING! Pinky swear okay? (this is going to be really hard! but I think it will help me to stop obsessing about the numbers so much and being disappointed when there is a slight increase...sigh....)

Melissa - great weigh in - congrats on your loss!

Coco - a new beginning tomorrow! You can do it!

Sandra - what movie did you watch? any good?

I did not exercise tonight - dropped dd off at dance class - off to the mall to get the Lancome item and bonus gift - but of course all out of the waterproof mascara I wanted so now I have to wait til they call me - hopefully BEFORE the bonus ends. I did score a sample of the new Fatale mascara - very weird brush - I'm told I should 'practice' when I have 15-20 mins to put on my mascara???? Ya right!!!

Then to the library to return/get books, to Starbucks to pick up a decaf and back to pick up dd - just got home a while ago and think I shall go to bed early tonight!

Froufie
Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #15  

Pinky swear. I am serious! Those numbers are going to drive me crazy if I don't get a grip!
Closed Thread