Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default HELLO!!! New here and hungry..

OK so not hungry now feels like for the last 6 weeks I've been though....A little introduction. I'm 33 single mom with 2 kids. I really didn't have much of a weight problem until I had my first child....then after that I've been on the heavy side. So about 3 yrs ago I had my weight down to about 150 and felt and looked great so I thought...HEY great time to quit smoking for good.....

I haven't smoked now since then, but each year slowly put on more and more weight. Right before christmas I weighed myself to see it go past 200 (hit 201) My jeans were getting snug and I knew I had to start taking control.... Since then I have been calorie counting and excercising.....I've been keeping a food journal and when I weighted myself on the 18th I was down to 187!!! I dont plan on weighing in again until feb 1st!!!

The past 5+ yrs I have lurked on/off at this site, but this is the first time I registered!! Its really hard to find people close to support me
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Justme33 and Congrats on the recent weightloss ... You've come to the right place for encouragement and support... Find a niche, set yourself down and start posting
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/208/170

Height: 5'4"

Smile I'm so new

I'm so new you're the first person I've replied to. I started seeing how fat I was in December so I made my resolutions early and since Dec 16 I've lost 12lbs. I'm been finding new places to blog as a way of recording my progress. Have been using Vox but still exploring here.

doris
Doris220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #4  
Chris

S/C/G: 316/289/165

Height: 5'8"

Okay, so hi everyone, I have just decided that I am...um, what's the word (FAT) ! I am new here and need serious support, I have been overweight since my second child was 3 she is now 12, I did not know how over weight I was getting till my pancreas jumped up and yelled at me...that is when I discovered my weight had now blossomed into dibetes type II of course. Now, I went on diet after diet with no will power at all, they failed...but only because I failed at maintaining. Now I am rededicating myself to losing this weight and controling my dibetes! I found a diet that works well for me and my family but have been unable to find much info on it, if anyone might have heard of it please let me know...It is refered to as a point diet, the way it works is 75 calories equal 1 point and I am allowed 1800 calories per day so that is 7 points at each meal and 3 points for a snack...(ie: snacks are important to diabetics)...so if anyone has any ideas or comments please feel free to let me hear it...
chris
christinaomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

And to you too christinaomberg
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote