Old 01-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Hi All!`

I've been away having a baby and he's now two weeks old. I'm starting back into my fitness and nutritional routine slowly. I'll only do walking until I get the okay from the doctor in 4 weeks. I had my 3rd c-section, so it's slow going for me. I'm only 14lbs away from my prepregnancy weight, so that is good news for me. I lost that when I first started my routine. So I'm very happy to be almost back where I started after getting up to 320lb this pregnancy, my highest weight ever and I had a lot of water retention. So at 289 I'm pretty much back to where I started back in Nov of 2005.

I'll be popping back here more now I hope.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #2  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking Welcome back Susan!!!!

And Congratulations on your new little guy! You are doing great getting back on plan so quickly! Good job. I have 4 girls and I have gotten pregnant each time I have lost a lot of weight as an adult. After each pregnancy I gave myself license to eat anything and everything for some odd reason. I think I may have had some PPD and was treating it with sugar. So I think you are doing such a great thing for yourself and your boys by treating your body properly!

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Donna!

Congratulations on the birth of your son!

I had two c-sections and also retained A LOT of water. With my first son I was in the hospital with toxemia for the week before he was born. The best thing about that experience other than our son, of course, was that I left the hospital FORTY-EIGHT POUNDS lighter than I came in! The water retention was incredible! My mom, bless her heart, said, "Cheryl! You look like a tick ready to burst!" when she saw me before my c-section!

The thing I had trouble with with both of my recuperations was that I had plenty of energy but would really start bleeding a lot if I exerted myself. It was hard resting as much as I had to!

To this day I STILL have weak muscles in my abdomen because with two c-sections and a myomectomy in seven years, my lower abdomen is pretty weak, and I can STILL feel weird when I do more crunches than usual or any extra exercises that work my abs.

When I had our first son after all the toxemia, the induced labor, the emergency c-section, the water retention, I actually asked the nurse if she would check to see if the doctor had stitched up my incision. I felt that maybe all my insides would fall out when I got up out of bed the next morning after they removed the catheter! To this day the incision from my first son is STILL nine inches long. Back then when I had just delivered it probably was about a FOOT long!

Take it easy, and relax as much as you are able. Eat well but focus on YOU and not just the weight loss. It will come off!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hi!! Nice to see you back!

Pictures please!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Congratulations!!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome back Donna!!!!

It's so great to see you...and congratulations on your new little boy!! (I second Sandi's "pictures please")

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #7  

Kathy - Thank you.

Cheryl - I know what you mean about taking it easy and not exerting oneself, it's hard when you have the energy but shouldn't be over doing it. The last two day I feel like I overdid it and will have to remember to relax. My tummy muscles though are feeling strong already, I've always managed to heal quickly and nicely, so I'm thankful for that.

Charlotte - Thank you.

Sandi and Linda - Here you go.

The most recent

Oh wow, they turned out huge, I'm not sure how to make them smaller. But you can go to my blog in my signature there is a link and there are some recent photos there.

Last edited by SnowboundChick; 01-27-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #8  

Congrats!

And, Donna, do you happen to be a Robert Jordan & Terry Goodkind fan? Or is ConfessorSiuan just a coincidence?

jmc
jmc1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:17 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #10  

Wow, someone who knows! I think you might be the only person who knows the connection for my name! yes, I'm a big fan of both authors!

Thanks jmc and mawhit for the congrats!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

congrats again and welcome back.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Congratulations on the new arrival! The C section must take some recovering from but great that you plan to do some walking when you feel ready.
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote