Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #1  

Talking Home of the Loozing Floozies, #11

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well Floozies, I'm back at it. After over 4 weeks of weight stall, I came home and hit the cookbooks. I have worked out a menu plan for the next two weeks that will allow me between 1200 and 1400 calories per day (if I don't have any wine). I haven't decided about the wine thing yet.

Here's my plan:

Menu for January 27-February 11 2007

Breakfast—choose 1
1 cup egg whites + 1 Morning Star Farm Sausage 160
1 cup egg whites + 1 Morning Star Farm Sausage + ½ grapefruit 200
1 cup egg whites + 1 Morning Star Farm Sausage + ½ cup berries 200
1 cup oatmeal + ¼ cup raisins 230
Breakfast Burrito (whole wheat tortilla, ¼ cup egg whites, ½ serving of Morning Star Farms Crumbles, 2 T salsa, 2 T low fat cheese) 260
1 cup Raisin Bran + ½ cup skim milk 230

Lunch
Cranberry Salad (2 cups torn baby greens, sprinkle of blue cheese, 1 T dried cranberries, 1 T pecans, ¼ cup cooked chicken breast, 1 ounce Trader Joe’s Raspberry dressing) 285

Snacks—choose up to 2
Tangelo 100
Apple 75
6 Triscuits + 1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese light 155
Kashi roll 190
1 cup Fage fat free yogurt + ½ cup mashed banana 150
¼ cup cashews 200

Dinner—choose 1
Santa Fe Chicken Chili 390
4 oz. chicken + ½ c brown rice + 1 cup broccoli and cauliflower 375
Italian Vegetable Pie + 1 cup green beans 260
Greek Steak (stuffed with spinach) + Parmesan Orzo 475
Pork Tenderloin with chutney + 1 c broccoli and cauliflower 375
Raspberry-Balsamic Chicken + 1 cup green beans 245
Turkey Burgers w/ Laughing Cow Cheese on Whole Wheat bun + vegetables and dip 375
Spiced Chicken and Barley + green beans 340
Fish Taco 300

If I eat the most caloric choices, I still come in at about 1400. I think this is workable.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #3  

Wow, Allison. That salad at lunch sound delish! Are you sure you'll be getting enough calories in? I have never heard of Fage yogurt. Is it from a health food store?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #4  

I buy Fage at Trader Joe's. It's Greek yogurt which is strained and therefore thicker--kind of the consistency of sour cream or even thicker. At first I tried the flavored varieties which I didn't like at all, but the fat free plain is really good--it's much less tart than regular plain yogurt.

And yes, I checked. If I eat the highest calories on the list in a day, I come in just above 1400. Believe me, I tend toward the higher calorie options (I always have the yogurt and banana every day. I have a tendency to munch while cooking (fix my salad and I eat a piece of chicken and a pecan, at dinner, those darn cashews keep calling me from the pantry). So the menu plan is set low so if I cave into one or more of these "just put it in your mouth and be done with it" digressions, well, I'll still be okay for the day. Besides that, I will most likely be having a glass of red wine with dinner.......
Old 01-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #5  

Hello

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today I have cleaned,washed clothes and went to the store. Trying to get it all done so I can relax tomorrow. The weekends go by too fast!!

I've got a big pot of WW chicken & veg soup on the stove. It looks good. I hope it is!

Has anyone seen the movie "Walk the Line?" I borrowed it from a friend and may curl up on the couch tonight and watch it.

Have a good night...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #6  
Losing it!

Sherry, I heard the movie is really good. Let us know what you think. I was all set to watch Nashville Star the other night, then I ended up with a phone call.

Allison, your plan sounds great! I wish I could be that organized! Will your family eat the same things you do on the plan?

Shelley, I heard of the yogurt, but can't find it around here. They say once you try it, you will never go back to the other. Did you get your house insurance figured out?

Well, guess what??? I got a raise on this weeks check from the store. Go figure! I assumed once I mentioned starting the other business they would start fretting if I was going to stay or not. Like the WHOPPING 25 cents an hour is going to keep me there. LOL! I'm a snot tonight...LOL!

I wonder where Vouge is?

Looks like we have a little chickie getting ready to celebrate a birthday...
Old 01-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #7  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Sorry i was going through a relapse , I am trying to stay positive. Working hard and figuring out what is so great about me , i have relaized that everything is great about me.

Reasons why I am amazing.
1. I am damn smart
2. I have amazingly sultry brown eyes
3. I have a brain! Take that slutty cheerleader
4. I am going to be a professional something.....
5. I have had to work hard my whole life so I know the value and will not be in shock after high school like the slutty cheerleaders.
6. I think about other things than lipgloss and lipgloss
7. I am a damn good writer.
8. I am me !

Sherry- Walk the line is a very good movie. Me and my sister always joke around about that johnny cash song " Gonna burn burn burn , " Then in the deepest manly voice I can muster I go " The ring of fire , the ring of fire. " Then I annoy everyone and sing that song " I walked into a honkey tonk just the other day , I put a quater in the juke box just to hear it play.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #8  

Sherry I really like the ring of fire. It is pretty sad the way he chose to live his life. I hope that you get to relax tomorrow minus the wee little walk you are going to take.

Gayle You are a little snotty tonight......good for you. You are going to great at your new business adventure. Now who's birthday could be coming up?

Allison your salad does sound yummy. I second Shelley. Your menu you help you drop those pounds you want to. I did really good last week til yesterday then today wasn't that great either but not as bad as yesterday.

Shelley how are you hanging in there? Any luck with Mike getting a job? I am sure that it had to be pretty stressful not knowing where all the money is going to come from.

Vouge your back. I missed you. You are a wonderful person and I am glad that you believe it too! Good for you. Besides that you are beautiful too. How is that little nephew doing? I bet he is getting alot bigger.

Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread for us. Are your potty problems resolved? Keep drinking water and eatting bran.

We bought the bedding for the new bedroom and from that I picked out the wall color to match the sheets. It is a golden color with a slight beige mix. The bedding is two tone gold with stripes and a floweral disign on the comforter. The room will be pretty nuetral. We will assessorize with expresso furniture. Larry is painting the molding for the ceiling right now. It has come together pretty quickly. When we get home from our trip he will replace the windows and put up the oak trim. Before he leaves he wants to refinish the honey hardwood floors. Busy, busy, busy.
Tomorrow the kids are coming down for dinner. It should be a nice day. I am cooking a sirloin roast with baked potatoes, broccoli and grape salad and garlic bread. Dessert is to die for (that is why I was naughty yesterday, I was a bowl licker) Trobolone Peanut Butter Cheese Cake. Yummy.

I hope you all have a good night.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #9  

vogue--I just asked you to come back on your other thread, and here you are!!!!! Welcome back!!! We really missed you!

gayle--yes, my family will eat what I prepare (or else!!!).

Dee--your bedroom sounds lovely! I love decorating, but I never can make it look as nice as the magazines! Sometimes I think I have taste, but he outcome is never what I intend!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #10  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Thanks for all of everyones support I need it when I go thorugh emotional periods like this but i have a quote I am living by right now ..." Cause I'm worth it . " I think everyone shoudl look at themselves every day and say thats. Also I am going to post my food journal here everyday along excersie just for fun and advice.

I found this dee you might be intrested in , I read it in an online article ...6. Include hot foods. If Mexican and Thai are favorites, you’re in luck. “Spicy food that has hot peppers in it appears to boost metabolism,” Lieberman says. so those caynenne pills must do something....

Also I wanted to add personally I like this quote from the musical chicago

" Ohh Im no ones wife but oh I love my life and alll that jazzzzz..." - Velma Kelly.

10 grapes just snacking
3 baked chicken wings . No flour of any kind just seasoned and baked .
pork roast
dumplings
corn

Dee- Thanks yeah he was born 4 lbs like 6 oz. now he is 8 lbs 9 oz. + then some. He is really melting my heart. I think he is going to have icey blue eyes which is weird cause no one we know has blue eyes and my sister has green and my borther in law has dark brown. Hes cute. Dee cool with the decorating , I am doing some of my own. First today I took down all my fashion pictures , the models and that I dont need that image, its not the models I liked , it was the outfits I liked , but I dont need that negative image , then I am going to think about painting the room. its white and dull right now so I am going to have to do something , I realy want to get a big picture of the eiffile tower and do a french european thing.

Thanks allison.

Last edited by vouge09; 01-28-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #11  

Sunday weigh-in:
Stayed the same.No loss...No gain. It's my own fault though because there was 4 days that I didn't get my points in. You HAVE to eat them all to lose! I'll do better this week!!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #12  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS DEE!
Wishing you a very special day! You are a dear and I want only the best for you.
Enjoy your day and I hope you receive royal treatment from the family.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #13  
Losing it!

I bet you will show a loss next week Sher. How was the soup?

Vouge, happy your back. We enjoy you here!

Well, I need to get in bed, morning comes early around here. I wanted to post to Dee in case I didn't have time in the morning.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:52 AM   #14  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAREST PRINCESS DEE!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:54 AM   #15  

Sherry-I agree with Gayle, you will see the lbs melt off soon enough!

Vogue-I'm so glad you are back. Stay here and we will keep your spirits up, even though we are mothering you!!

I joined the Bob Green website just for the free trial period. I just want to check it out, since I really like the book.
Closed Thread