Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #1  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Stupid boobs...

I know this may seem silly to people but I'm feeling REALLY down right now about my boobs post weight loss. They were always my best feature, even when I hated the rest of my body I always had great breasts... 36DDs. Since I've lost weight, they're down to smaller Ds and sagging quite a lot, what seems like an unreasonable amount for a 19 year old. Its like they deflated, which I guess they did, and now the ONE part of my body I always felt good about is making me even more self conscious. Its made even worse by the fact that my mother has better boobs than I do now (big perky 38C), after breastfeeding two kids! Have any of you guys been through this kind of thing and either had it get better or learned to feel better about it? I recognize that this is a stupid thing to worry about but it has really been upsetting me in the last few weeks. Help guys?
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #2  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

It is NOT a "stupid thing" to worry about - being self-conscious of one's body is part of our humanness.

I was so self-conscious of my itty-bitties that I spent $5k to get some bigger ones!

I don't really think you've "shrank" or whatever THAT MUCH, but is entirely possible that you could use a breast LIFT (much different than an actual boob job). Being 19 has nothing to do with it - apparently your weight gain added extra weight to your boobs as well - now of course they are "out of shape." SO while it's hard to exercise a boob into shape (you can work your pecs, but that won't do the trick!) - you can consider a breast lift. Talk to a plastic surgeon. OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I totally understand your frustration. I'm convinced that "the girls" have an agenda of their own. Mine are still where they are supposed to be, but insist on staring at my feet!

Beach, I've considered a "tuck". What kind of scars does that leave? I don't want anything added or taken away. I'd just like the headlights to aim forward.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
I totally understand your frustration. I'm convinced that "the girls" have an agenda of their own. Mine are still where they are supposed to be, but insist on staring at my feet!

Beach, I've considered a "tuck". What kind of scars does that leave? I don't want anything added or taken away. I'd just like the headlights to aim forward.
So you mean... you would like a breast lift? ("Tuck" usually refers to a tummy tuck, that's why I ask!) - I am not sure of the scarring of a breast lift. I didn't have a lift, just a "job" - & my scars are practically invisible. I have a friend who had a lift, & she LOVES the results - she was going to have a job AND a lift, but the doctor told her she didn't really need "a job" - just a lift - and she is really ecstatic with her results... (I haven't seen her boobies, tho, so I can't comment on her scars... )

Do a google! Especially an "image" google... That's a really good way to find a LOT of information!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

First, I want to congratulate you on your 50 lb. weight loss! That's FANTASTIC!!!!

I'm sorry that your breasts aren't what you want them to be, but maybe the reduced tissue is helping to make you more proportioned now that you have lost so much weight. There are MANY, MANY bras out there that do wonders for us full-figured gals, so maybe have a fun shopping spree for undies some day soon to get you feeling better about everything.

I wear a minimizer bra (38DD) because I think clothes look so much better on me when I'm not protruding so much. Check out all the sexy undies and feel good about all you have accomplished in your weight loss!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
So you mean... you would like a breast lift? ("Tuck" usually refers to a tummy tuck, that's why I ask!) - I am not sure of the scarring of a breast lift. I didn't have a lift, just a "job" - & my scars are practically invisible. I have a friend who had a lift, & she LOVES the results - she was going to have a job AND a lift, but the doctor told her she didn't really need "a job" - just a lift - and she is really ecstatic with her results... (I haven't seen her boobies, tho, so I can't comment on her scars... )

Do a google! Especially an "image" google... That's a really good way to find a LOT of information!

I guess I deserve that frying pan. Yes, I meant a "lift". I think I was thinking that I wanted them tucked up. Duh. Thanks for giving me a laugh at myself.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #7  
Meg

The boobs after weight loss. Sigh. A lot of us seem to lose from the one place we want to keep the fat.

We talked about boobs (and loss thereof) and weight loss in Maintainers recently - you might want to check it out: After weight loss breast augmentation

Mare, I had a lift and augmentation ... my scars are pretty much invisible. My doctor did what's called an anchor cut - in the crease underneath (completely invisible), around the edge of the areola (completely invisible), and a line connecting the two that's faded and you really can't see at all.

I could flash my boobs a la Girls Gone Wild and no one would ever know I had a lift. Not that I ever would, of course!!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

What a perfect topic, you must have been reading my mind!! Mine are also deflated, droopy and staring at the floor. Totally bums me out! I have to look at the overall picture, though.....the rest of me is much better than it was! A lift (or tuck!) might need to be part of my future as well!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #9  
Meg

Breast Lift 4 You is a great breast lift information site. If you're considering breast implants, its cousin Breast Implants 4 You also has a lot of useful info.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #10  
No description available.

Just keep in mind that some surgeons will ask about your future breastfeeding plans, and other won't, but watch that cutting around the areola...Though I am guessing Meg was all done with that by then!
You can all resume your regularly scheduled programs now.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #11  
Meg

Oh yeah, they put in their years of service. Good ole Righty and Lefty. They deserved a little help in their retirement years.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

thats what I was going to say. At 19 I would wait awhile and see what they are going to be after they adjust. Some people cant nurse after a lift. And getting pg makes them saggy again even if you dont nurse.

I'm gonna do something to mine for my 40th. A lift or a lift/reduction.

And my mom nursed 4 kids, including me for 3 years and at 74 has relatively firm 38C's and I have floppy deflated pancake boobs.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #13  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

EXACTLY like pancakes. I guess I was really hoping there might be another option besides surgery, its so expensive and something about the idea of plastic surgery doesn't feel right to me, even knowing that its because of weight loss and not wanting to be a barbie doll. I have to say, I'm starting to wonder a little whether I want the last 10 pounds gone if its going to make me lose even more there. Weight loss is complicated!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

be patient --boobs are weird things. Just because they are floppy and pancake like now, doesnt mean they will stay that way. They are one part of our body that was designed to change size frequently.

I know several women who's boobs were awful after they stopped nursing and a couple years later they had recovered. Thats one reason I wont do surgery before my 40th birthday. I'll be done nursing probably 18-24 months before that. Give them 2 years to do what they are gonna do and then see.

Work your pecs for support, wear good bras and give them some time.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm a huge fan of watching stuff on Discovery Health and recently I saw a show on the before/after of plastic surgery. This one woman, I felt sooooo sorry for her. After breastfeeding her kids (and she was fairly young--in her 40's at the most), her poor boobs hung all they way down to her waist. The doctors did a lift/implant (because she had the flat thing going on, too). It was amazing the transformation.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote