Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default The Nerve Of My Husband !!!!!!!!

Ok so i get up this morning to weigh in i have really been looking forward to today telling my self that if i did gain no big deal i have worked out hard all week Well i steped on the scale i had lost 2 1/2 lbs i was so excited a ran out and told my husband im right on track do you know what he said ? he said yeah but didnt you say that last time you were serious about loosing weight ? OMG i could have slapped him i said what, he repeted him self ,and i gave him the look of death and said EXCUSE ME WHAT DID YOU SAY he said i mean good job honey keep up the good work
oh my husband i never have looked to him for support he never has, and never will, i mean i love this man to death i just know he'll never understand weight loss and thats why im glad i found 3FC
thanks for letting me vent
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #2  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Congratulations on the 2 1/2 pound loss! That's great! It sounds like you are definitely on the right track.

I'm sorry your husband isn't as supportive as he could/should be. Men sometimes just don't get it. I sometimes coach my SO on what to say. "Nope, wrong response! When I ask this, you say..." It sounds like you handled it really well--at least he figured it out the third time so there's hope that he can learn.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

yes, the SOs & DHs are far removed from the reality of what we say sometimes, they need coaching.

I think it is just a genetic flaw, but they can be re-trained if you have the patience....(i use the reward system of clean laundry).

congratulations, 2.5 lbs. is GREAT!!!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well you're right, you can always come here and there will always be people who will know exactly how you're feeling and be able to support you.

What can I say? Men are dopey and insensitive sometimes. Oblvious in fact. Different hormones, different genes, different organs - just .... different.

Congrats on the 2 1/2 lbs.!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies thats why i come here daily
Old 01-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #6  

I was just thinking why dont men ever understand us funniest thing i can read my husband like a book but turn the table and he's a deer caught in head lights LOL
Old 01-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Michelle!

My husband and I have known one another since we were ten years old and he STILL doesn't REALLY understand me completely. Like you, I can read my husband like a book- an EASY book! What I have found over the years is that women pick up subtle clues and also have a much better intuitive nature. Men truly need for you to TELL them what you expect!

For YEARS I waited for my husband to do nice things for me. He did nice things that he THOUGHT I would like, but never really "got" it. Once I literally laid out a list of things that I liked and things that really bothered me and PRINTED IT OUT FOR HIM, things have been 100% better. We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary last June, and in July we will have been together as a couple since 7th grade (age 13). We're both 55.

Men can always learn. WE must be their teachers if we want them to treat us the way that we want to be treated. It took me a lotta years to "get" this! I hope this helps!

Also, I think that guys are used to razzing on one another. They are often like puppies who think it is GREAT fun to bite one another as "play"!!! When they are around us women, they forget that our ideas of conversation, of talking, of PLAY are VERY different than that of their buddies!

Take heart! Come here where we KNOW how you feel and can encourage you! I'll bet your husband is a thin guy who eats TWO pieces of chocolate cake, a whole pizza, and never gains weight! I'm married to a guy like that!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
I think it is just a genetic flaw, but they can be re-trained if you have the patience....(i use the reward system of clean laundry).
Clean Laundry! Unfortunately for me, he does most of the laundry.

Ladies, I think I've partially figured it out. It has something to do with the penis. I have figured out what it has to do with it, but it does. Think about it. We don't act that way. We don't have one. They act that way. They have one. So, logical deductions tell me that it has something to do with the penis.

Congrats on your hard work.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #9  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

They think with two heads not one so they cancel each other out.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #10  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
They think with two heads not one so they cancel each other out.

*spits water everywhere*

Congratulations on the loss, Michelle!!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #11  

you ladies are too funny and thank you for all the advice thats why i come here everyday
Old 01-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #12  

Default What a riot!

You girls are an absolute riot. I just love you all. I think this might be my first message on here, so obviously I'm new. I couldn't resist commenting on how funny your "body parts" comments are. I think, seriously that men might bash us around a bit just because that IS exactly what they do with each other! Never thought of it before. Anyway, you gave me a huge laugh. Thanks. I wish I had a good quick wit like some of you have. But I can be on the "laughing" end. Right? Now, seriously, do any of you know anything about "The New Beverly Hills Diet" by Judy Mazel? It is called by some the "Pineapple" diet, as it entails quite a lot of pineapple, but lots of other fruits too as well as many other yummy things. It is also "food combining". I did it once for 2 weeks and felt so great on it and lost 12 lbs., but didn't keep it up - wish I had. If any of you knows anyone who can support me in this, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks so much. Have a great day.

Sue (in Canada)
islesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #13  

Sue you can post that question on the does it work thread im sure you'll get comments there
Old 01-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #14  

I dont think this insentitivity is restricted to just DH's and SO's... Anyone who has not been in our shoes will never understand or relate to how we feel. My DH, Friends, family who have never been overwieght in thier life think its easy to lose weight and that people are overweight because they eat too much and are too lazy to exercise....

DH gets a flat abdomen with just 10 crunches for 3 days!!! I see no change in my body even after exercising daily for months together...
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

men are dorks

they just are

even the good ones are just dorks
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote