Old 01-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Jan 21 Weekly Thread

*deleted*

Last edited by modkittn; 04-11-2007 at 09:15 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi Lori - I too have eaten horribly this past weekend ... and my weigh in was up on Sunday AM but I had a lot of water to drink before I went - so I'm not documenting the gain b/c of that. And I haven't been walking a lick since Thursday ... I'm PMS'y and I'm sure that's why I'm going through this mood and what not. At least I'm recognizing why and today I'm back in the saddle.
I'm actually writing down my food too now! It's all about accountability. Right ?

It sucks that 'after' the fact is when we realize the damage is done. But moving forward is what it takes.

Have a great day! I'm off and gonna hit that treadmill.
The Little D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey at work again fishing for work! ARG
Lori WLS Stands for Weight Loss Surgery I Had Gastric bypass in September
and have lost 50 pounds!
D I'm definitely seeing the need for journaling and mindful eating b/c even tho I'm losing now If those skills don't stay incorporated in my WOE It all comes back (I had a crap weekend of eating) the meds I'm on are prego hormones to stop my period and they're making me a dumptruck for food!
gotta run have a great day ladies
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #4  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Twos-day

Hey ladies!

I'm here to say hello - Tuesdays @ work are crazy for me.

I just finished my Amy's Spinach Lasagne and it was yummy; however I'm STILL HUNGRY !! I finished the day on point(s) - haha - with 3 left over.
I got my 30 in on the dreadmill and will try for a few more minutes tonight.

Kier - Wowwee ! Glad to hear you are on the mend! This is my PMS'y week and my hormones totally go all over the place. Arrrggghhh ...

Lori - I'm here! I'm here! Yesterday was a days worth of running around and errands and shopping; I even managed to go through my son's clothe's to get rid of some. However when I went to organize the drawers & closets, the light bulb had blown out ... who knows HOW long ago ... BOYS!

Back at it! I'll check in later with you all.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Hey ya

Hey girls;

I have been MIA as my mom is still in hospital (had whole hip replaced after fall) and has gone into congestive heart failure. Pretty stressed out about the whole thing. Looks like a long recovery for her. The funny part is she is in a room with two men and one woman. The one woman and man old and crotchety - both tell people to shut up, etc. Then there is the other guy beside her who is a bit younger than them - about 70 - and really nice guy, though talks about his religion a bit much. But he farts all the time. I mean, this guy farts like no tomorrow - and it's both loud and agressive!! YIKES. Of course, no air freshners allowed, so mom is in stinky-****! She also hasn't had a smoke in over a week so she's a total groucho marx!!! OUCH.

Anyway, outside of that, just trying to take it easy so my pregnancy stays OK. I see the OB on Friday this week. Baby has been very active though, and I am feeling Ok - a few contractions, lots of sciatic nerve pain, but that's about it.

Kier - do you mean BCP's? You said prego drugs...so does that mean to help you get pregnant??

Lori - happy you are not pregnant! Sorry to hear about your gain, but it could be water from a bit of crap eating...

Deb - too true - what's that slogan? "no guilt, move on". I always find that the hardest. Even with preg eating, if I crave, let's say, chips...I'll eat chips and then be like "dang,I may as well have that Easter Creme Egg!".

I gained 4 lbs this month (finally gaining) and I want to make sure it doesn't go out of control the last few months here...so I really need to watch the eating!

Speaking of which, I should go get some lunch. It's noon here!

Have a good day ladies!
Belle2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle No Its called Megase I think its a hormone that's released in your body when you are pregnant. . .with the surgery we have to wait 2 years to try to have kids or me and the potential kid could die from malnutrition. I'm sorry about your Mom the hip the heart and the farts! Hopefully she'll be out soon
I've never heard of co-ed hospital rooms.
Lori Thank God you're not Pregnant that would be one too many things to carry on your shoulders! As for the loose skin I don't have much maybe in my arms a bit but I think Had I waited longer and had a higher BMI it would have really been a problem thenagain ask me in 35 pounds.
Deb that lasagna sounsd soo good!!!! i hear you on the lights my husband will see a bulb blown and not fix it unless I ask someone else to do it!
gotta run!
Kier
Old 01-24-2007, 08:09 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Good Morning Ladies!
I actually worked out this morning I have a table top arm bike and I did my 30 minutes on it which granted i took it easy but thats probably better to start since I haven't exercised in a dogs age. also I got this Yoga for Aches and Pains dvd the couple who "star" in it are hysterical The woman has spiral curls and is very ethereal and the guy is super balding but manages to have a bun in the back of his head. That being said they have a couple good moves on the dvd i awnt to incorporate into my new routine!
Also I found a tiny marble comp book in the desk my arm bikes on so theres my food/exercise journal! BONUS!
I have a doc appt this morning so I better go pry DH out of bed!
bbl!
Kier
Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Default Is it too late?

Hi ladies,
How is everyone doing today? Belle, how is your mom doing? Oh I was also wondering, when are you due?

Is it too late for me to jump in, I ment to post on Monday, but it was my birthday and then yesterday I had two doctors appointments. I have big exam tonight and I have been trying to study, but I need a break. I have to get a large lump removed from under my breast on Friday. It is nothing to worry about just a few stiches, but I need some advice. What should I do for a bra, the wire would sit right on the incision and I HAVE to go to school on Monday and the stictches won't disolve for 7-10 days. I am also having a birth mark removed aff my hand becaus ethe doctor thinks it "looks dark", but I am not worried about that, it's small.

Lori are you feeling any better? I am sorry to hear that you had a rough week

I have done OK, this week as far as eating and exercise. I did splurge on Birthday cake and I went out to eat twice for my birthday, but both days I ordered light and only ate half my plate. Yesterday I was great all day and then last night mu husband bought me some "Ben and Jerry's low-fat frozen yogurt" has any one ever tried "half baked" it's amazing chocolate and vanilla swirl w/ chunks of brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough, mmmm eating2:
I weigh in tomorrow morning and I think I will probably be the same as last week or down a half pound? I did hit the gym everday but Sunday, so that's good right?

Hi Deb and Kier. Deb, I love Amy's lasagna, mmmm. Kier, I am still cracking up just picturing the couple in your yoga video. I need to go get Jackson down for a nap so I will post more later.
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #9  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Wednesday

Hi Hi!

I'm sneaking in a post at work ... I'm all alone here ... that doesn't happen too often! Whew!

Hi Tanya - OMG - Happy B'day! I'm such a slacker at that ... here @ the office my mate keeps track of everyone's b'days ... it's just not me thing!
It sounds like you made the best choices possible celebrating your birthday and you deserve to enjoy it! Kudos!
I'm sure the procedure will go well - I would suggest maybe wearing a camisole tank topy type w. bra lining ? I've got a few of those I wear in the summer or w. jammies - I picked them up @ NY&Co and Old Navy; or an exercise type bra top ? Uni-boob ...
I love Ben & Jerry's Frozen Yogurt - Cherry Garcia ... there aren't many types of B&J that I don't like ... too bad they don't have it in smaller sizes where I am.

Kier - in the early AM there are yoga shows on channel 13 and 21 and I swear it's the same lady for the past like 20 years ... and she looks the same! Haha! Yoga is awesome - I tried attending a class 2x a week just for relaxation purposes due to work and school. It helped so much w. my flexibility range and stretching.

Hi Belle & Lori!

Have a great day girls ... I've got to do some damage control and journal what I ate yesterday. I feel like I can eat a COW today ... ugh and SLEEP! PMS in full force!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Tanya HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! maybe a wireless bra? I know there are soft ones you can buy at target or maybe a sleeping bra i've seen those in catalogs We'll be thinking and praying for you!
Deb have fun at work I have to redo my food journal for the day too it didn't go anywhre near as i planned!
bbl
Kier
Old 01-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #11  

Thanks for the advice ladies, I don't know why I didn't think of that, I mean those bras, and camisoles. I have a few sports bras, but I am in need of a new one, they are too big. I am right near a Target and an Old navy so I am going to hit both before school tonight. I think I will go bra-less all weekend and just get something for Monday till whenever the stiches disolve and it stops hurting to wear a regular bra. Hopefully not long, I want to work out on Monday, but I don't see that happening? I am so happy to have all of you here for this, it's a small thing but it is nice to know we are all here for eachother for everything, weight loss or whatever else.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #12  
BAMA GIRL

Question Newbie

Hi guys,
I'm a newbie!! I just started WW Monday. I was wondering, how much weight can I expect to loose in a week? average? I have been sticking to my points and not using my extra 35 weekly points, just my 26 I get a day. I am doing this online (not going to meetings), so I thought y'all might have some advice for me? I would appreciate any I can get!! A friend of mine that I use to work with has given me some recipies and I am getting some from the website. I think she normally looses about 2 a week, but she is much bigger than me, so I didnt know if that would affect it or not. Anyways, I would appreciate any advice from y'all!! Thanks!!
TARA
TaraM82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #13  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Welcome Tara!

Hi Tara - Good luck to you on your endeavors! You can find the information given to you from your friend very helpful; and of course there's a world of support here on the Internet!
You didn't mention if you are exercising - but that does help w. your loss each week; and of course loosing inches if your not loosing pounds.
Also - keep in mind the 8 healthy tools for living - drinking the H2O, the fruit/veggie servings, etc ... it's all part of balanced living and following a healthy lifestyle.

Hope this helps - I've found that on target - I loose anywhere from 1 1/2 lbs - 3 lbs a week.

Good luck to you and feel free to join us!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Thirsty Thursday

Good morning girls! One day we might have a boy posting here and we'll have to watch things like that. Tee-hee!

Anyhoo - I'm SO going through a range of emotions now ... PMS remember?
So last night I banged out 5 pcs of cheesecake ... oh yeah. COW. So today I am not feeling very proud of myself. Crap.
Not to be a downer ... I'm moving forward w. our Spring Challenge and the goals that I've set for myself!

Tanya - I had class last night and it's so good to be/feel so close to being done. Well, with this part of my career! There's still that Internship issue ... haha ! Since I'm home today I might get working on a few of those applications.

Belle - Hope everything is going well! :

Lori - We've got flurries here on LI! But, ah yeah ... I think they've stopped. Tee hee! Hope you're feeling good too!

Kierie - Any exciting plans coming up for the weekend ?

Where are the others! Come out and play!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #15  

Hi Girls,
How is everyone doing today? I am so glad that last night's exam is over, and I think I aced it I also just got back from my WW meeting and I am down 1.2lbs yeah!! I am now down 35lbs total and I am thrilled, but I am also really exhausted and wondering how much longer I can do this? I mean, I know that once I reach my goal, I will still have to stay on program for the rest of my life. I know that I will always have to make good eating choices and get regular exercise, but I just want the process of loosing the weight to be over. Am I rushing things, I know they say that if you take it off slow it stays off OK I am going to stop being a whiner and so damn stubborn and just deal w/ it. I am down 35lbs do I should just shut up and be happy, right?

OK so know I just have to get tomorrow's minor surgery overwith, and then I will relax. I am so anxious that I am going to be in too much pain to WO and go to school. I know it's a minor thing, but I am just hoping it heaks quickly. I can't affoed to not work out or no go to school. I have never missed a day of school and now I am determined to get perfect attendance. Deb, what are going to school for?

Tara I usually loose 1-3lbs a week when I stay on program, and I know that it's usually easier to loose big amounts when you have a lot to loose. I lost 5 and 6 lbs a weeks a few times in the begining, and a women in my WW meeting is well over 300lbs and looses 8lbs like it's nothing? My mom is close to lifetime and has lost 20 something pounds and she is know loosing less then a lb a week. It varried a lot, but just stay on program as best you can and keep checking in w/ us to let us know how your doing.

Hi Belle, kier and Lori, how are you ladies doing?