Old 01-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile My Daily Commitments: Jan 22 - Jan 28

Good morning, Everybody! Hope you have a committed and productive week!

My commitments -
1) Stay on plan - its working!
2) Start working out on the weight machines.
3) 60 minutes of cardio each day.

I skipped working out this weekend...that's three days in a row. I know from experience that the weight loss will stop if I don't exercise. Jumping back on the exercise wagon today! Also, adding weight training. It is now exactly 10 days until we go to Disneyworld. I'd like to be able to keep up and get in and out of the rides easier.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Good Morinin' Chicks

Well this is a wonderful day I have great plans for my 3 smoke free day!!
I had stayed on plan yesterday was able to cut the dumdum's down to just 2 so that was only 52 calories but have allowed myself 8 today as I will be in the car more and also work is a very tempting place for me right now.
For today I will:
1) Stay on plan
2) Not smoke
3) Look at myself and really see me.
4) Drink 100 ounces of water.
5) Remind myself that I love me and doing this so I will live longer and happier.

Happy healthy monday to all....Hugs
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Alright ladies... I'm back. I've been down for the count with some sort of flu since last Thursday.....and though I'm not totally 100% yet I did come back to work...and if I can do that ...then I can post! Well lets see.... thanks to my illness I haven't been to the gym in over a week and yesterday was really the first day I've been able to eat since about last Wednesday. I was up and around yesterday....mainly for the ritual disinfecting....washing sheets, airing out germs etc. and I did do a half hour of some light yoga just to move a little....and then was back in bed...for the night...by like 6:30 ha ha ha. Today I'm back at work (mainly because I though I might go mad if I stayed in bed another day!), I weighed this morning and through the sickness I haven't gained or lost which is fine....and on a better note...I actually haven't smoked since last Wednesday....my throat is still killing me so maybe this sickness will turn out to have some benefits because the amount that my throat hurts is way outweighing any cigarette cravings by a long shot!

Anyway my main commitment is to continue to get myself back to 100% healthy. I've got an arsenal of tea, soup, and diet ginger ale at my desk so I'm just working on keeping it light. I've got my gym bag in the car so if I'm feeling up to it I'm going to try to go for a light workout after work....if I'm wiped then I'll try to do some light yoga at home before I crash.... which I'm sure will be by 8:00!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Happy Monday!

For this week, I've committed myself to:

Eat right
Exercise at least 3 days
Drink 64oz of water everyday
Be in bed by 10pm on weeknights

Good luck ladies!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies, I haven't been around in awhile. I started back to school and have been busy busy busy. Plus, once the excitement of my new lifestyle passed I felt like I was just repeating myself everyday on this thing lol... I'm still doing very well. I've lost a few more pounds. I am struggling with exercise bc of school and work, it is really hard for me to find the time. What I try to do is walk around when I have a spare moment and climb more stairs. I want to get back into writing on here and keep up with the website for motivation. I'm just scared to death that I'm going to get off track and gain all of my weight back :S... Anyway, I have a NSV! Last night I pulled my pants off without unbuttoning them or unlatching the belt haha! It won't be long until I will have to go clothes shopping! I saved all of my christmas money so I will have money to spend on clothes when I reach my goal weight! I have also discovered that it really is ok to indulge once in awhile!! Haha... yesterday was my 21st birthday!! It was a big one, I had a blast and drank way to much lol... but I feel ok about it, bc I know that there is no way I will be able to stay on track if I completely cut out somthing I enjoy every once in awhile!
NESunshine-I hope you feel better real soon, it seems like everyone has the flu.. I'm trying to steer clear of it!
DramaQueen-Good luck with your goals, and good job on cutting back on those dum-dums
GirlyGirl-Exercise SUCKS! It get's hard to keep it up , but stay motivated, you can do it!

Today I will:
-Eat a Light Dinner
-Eat small snacks so I don't feel like I'm starving by the time dinner rolls around.
-Run around with the kids at work instead of just sitting and watching them.
-Go for a little walk right now!

You ladies have a good day and good luck with your commitments!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are having a great day and staying commited.

Tiffany - Welcome back
Colleen - You're doing great on your smoke free lifestyle. Keep going!
NESunshine - So glad you're feeling better. And, looks like you're smoke free lifestyle is going great, too. Keep going!
Casey Girl - Happy 21st Birthday! So glad to see you back with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
My commitments -
1) Stay on plan - its working!
2) Start working out on the weight machines.
3) 60 minutes of cardio each day.
Met all of my commitments for yesterday. Today, not feeling so great. Bad sinus headache, but will stay on plan.

Today's Commitment - won't try to make myself feel better with food.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Yay caseygail...good to see you. Girly girl....I won't say I'm out of the woods yet but thanks to the flu I'm a week now with out coffee or cigarettes and I'm not even that crazy so I'm just working on keeping that going and keeping my mind and hands busy now that I'm feeling better.
My major commitment for the week aside from staying at or below 1600 calories and going to the gym every day since I didn't go at all last week while I was sick. I'm probably not going to post that since I'm sure thats going to be the same every day but I'll post if I add any changes!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

I had a rough spot yesterday in the afternoon, I had to go to my cousin house to drop something off and she is a smoker I was crazy I tell ya really crazy I wanted one sooo bad so I ate instead..uuuuuugggghhh 3 brownies with frosting, they where the 2 bite brownies so I figure that it isn't as bad as it could have been but I just shoved them in my mouth and got out of there. I did good for the rest of the night and cut out my eve snack to compensate for the brownie binge but I don't like that it happened at all. I had added two more snacks during the day and even added some 22 cal dumdums, I will get a hold of it soon today is day 4 and I am doing much better. Just hope I will not lose it again but a few brownies is a small price to pay for not smoking. Well on to my goals for today:

1) Eat only my snacks & meals
2) Drink all of my water
3)Do my crunches

Happy Healthy day to all....Hugs
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #9  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Evening all

Had a pretty good day, ate healty, did pilates DVD, worked out on the eliptical machine, went to level 2 today

Colleen, you hang in there, I'm a bit envious, would LOVE to stop smoking, but am moving in with my friend (to his house) and he doesn't smoke, so maybe that will help . . .

My friend e-mailed the following to me; hope you all enjoy it

--THE GOOD NAPKINS...ahhhhh..the joys of having girls... My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her first mistake). One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was keeping 'napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen? Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were for "special occasions" (her second mistake).

Now fast forward a few months....It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom had assignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table. When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burst into laughter, next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling, next came my father, who roared with laughter, then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a "special occasion" Kotex napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge!! My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter.

"But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!!!" Isn't it easier to just tell the truth?????????

LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 AM   #10  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Welcome back to all those who were MIA - Casey, NESunshine, Tiffany, good to see you again!

I have to start posting in this thread a little more regularly to help keep me on track. Given that it's nearly 9pm, I'm going to post my plan for tomorrow.

Go to gym and work out for at least an hour

make lunch, so I'm not stuck with some overpriced, full of fat alternative from the cafe at work.

drink water - lots of water

don't get too annoyed if my review doesn't pan out the way I'd like it to - got my 6 month review at work tomorrow, and my boss is coming down really hard on everyone at the moment for a variety of reasons. I don't think there's anything she can call me on - my productivity and quality are good, my sick leave is low and my attitude is reasonably good at the moent - but I'd rather get it over with...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great day!

NESunshine - So glad you're were able to get back to your workout program this week. Sounds like you are going great!
Colleen - Hmmm...brownies or smoking? I'd say that brownies are very much the lesser evil. Good job!
S.Diane - Thanks for the laugh....nice way to start off my day.
Nicolen - I hope your review goes well today.

[QUOTE=GirlyGirlSebas;154312
Today's Commitment - won't try to make myself feel better with food.[/QUOTE]

I did stay on plan yesterday...no food comforting! Didnt feel much up to working out. Hubby told the girls we would pick up McD's for them as a treat last night. We went shopping and went through the drive-thru on our way home. I had to smell french fries all the way home! I have to be honest...I had about an hour's worth of pity party for myself. I am starting to get a little bit worried about our Disneyworld weekend. I'm really hoping that I can keep on plan and keep the momentum going.

Today's commitment - 60 minutes of cardio and cut down to 2 cups of coffee. Had too much coffee yesterday and didn't sleep well last night. The lack of sleep makes the workouts twice as hard.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #12  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

I have been following my commitments... so far, so good. Got to bed late last night (approx. 11:30) but still managed to get up this morning and exercise.

S.Diane - too funny!
Nicolen - good luck with your review!
Rhonda - Pity for what? You went to McDonald's and didn't get anything. You smelled fries and still stayed on plan. Way to go! Just take it one step at a time.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Rhonda, you are gonna be GREAT at Disney - you have all of us here rooting for you!! Just think of all the exercise you are going to get walking all over that place!!! You whopped the smell of those fries and kept right on your plan!!

My daily commitments are getting easier. My plan is now my life, so I am not having too much trouble staying with it! (I would say that is a NSV???) There are some things I need to work on....with weight bearing exercise being the #1. soooo.....

1. Work out to one of the DVD's I have here (The YOU diet one or Richard Simmons, those are the only 2 I have right now)
2. 30 minute walk (DONE!)
3. Plan my grocery list for the week
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #14  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone,

Just flying by and playing with the ticker
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone! Hope your week is going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitment - 60 minutes of cardio and cut down to 2 cups of coffee. Had too much coffee yesterday and didn't sleep well last night. The lack of sleep makes the workouts twice as hard.
Did 60 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. I actually could have gone longer if I hadnt had to get back to work! It was amazing...for the first time in a looooong time, I actually enjoyed working out and had tons of energy. I wish I knew what made yesterday so different. I'd try to do things exactly the same again today.

Today's Commitments: Reviewed my food for the last couple of days and realized that I'm not eating enough. Today, I will concentrate on eating all meals and snacks. Gotta keep that metabolism rolling along!