Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default TW Weekly Chit Chat - Jan 22 - Jan 28 - COME JOIN US!

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 01-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #2  
CJ

I hope everyone has a great week and everyone is a "loser" .. And, I hope we get a little more chit-chatting going on in here! Everyone is welcome - the more the merrier! Please join us!

CJ
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi CJ,
It's cold here too! We are in Colorado and we still have 3 and 4 foot drifts of snow and it is still snowing!! It seems like we have been getting snow every weekend for the last 6 weeks!!! I am so ready for Summer!!! I was pretty happy to see that I had lost 4 pounds this past week and that has given me the "ooomph" to work even harder this week.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. This is site is new to me but I have really enjoyed exporing it this past week. Karen
Old 01-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Welcome Karen!

A great big welcome to you. You will love it here and we will love having you join us. Good job on your 4 lb weight loss, keep up the good work. Boy, I'll bet living in Colorado you have a ton of snow. CJ can tell you all about snow, she has lots of it too. Keep on posting and let us know more about yourself. We would love to get to know you.

CJ-Glad you are getting back to normal with your program. I just know that you will do fine, between the holidays and than being sick, that takes a toll on you I'l bet.

Well went to daughter, Kelly and her husband, Brian's house tonight and we watched the playoffs and was jumping for joy when our beloved Indianapolis Colts won the AFC Championship and can you believe we are actually going to the Superbowl in Miami in 2 weeks. We will be playing against the Chicago Bears, who won against the New Orleans Saints. I was rooting for the Saints cause we found our Scobel cousins this past summer and they are a great group who have all been through so much with the devistation caused by Hurricane Katrina. Most of Ken's relatives had to move out of their houses, but when we were there they gave us a warm welcome and had a big party for us to meet everyone there. I have been emailing one of Kens girl cousins, Vanda and she said everyone there was rooting for the Saints of course, but they love the Colts too cause I guess that is where Payton Manning our quarterback is from. So they lost tonight so now we play the Bears. But we won against the New England Patriots who we always have lost against. The best part is this is the 1st Superbowl that the Indianapolis Colts have ever gone to. So we are so happy, daughter, Kelly was rolling on the floor and praying that we would win. GO COLTS!

Hey Kim, did you watch the game too? You know my daughter, Kelly, in Indy has been teaching me about football and I am really getting into it. She can't believe she said that her Mom is so excited about football. LOL How you doing? Hope things are going good for you.

Take care guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 01-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #5  
CJ

Karen:
WELCOME! Glad to have you join our small group here ... Like Sharon says - keep posting with us so we can get to know you better. Yes, I know all about all your snow as I have a daughter in Denver. She said the shelves in the stores were getting empty! We usually have tons of snow here also (Northern Michigan) but had a very unusual December -- was warmer and no snow! But, we have a lot now again and expecting more and it is sooooo cold! WTG on your 4lbs loss - good job!

Sharon:
Well it sounds like you sure are enjoying the football games! Me, I don't care for football myself ... but that was exciting about your Colts winning - have fun at the superbowl! I've been busy knitting baby blankets this week so haven't been on the computer hardly at all ... can you believe that??? I've come to a halt tho until the yarn I had to order comes in - probably this week I hope.

Off to bed now ... take care and hope we hear from more of you soon!

Love, CJ
Old 01-24-2007, 12:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Go Colts!!

Hi,

Yes, Sharon, I watched the game. Well, sort of watched. I mainly watched the special on Animal Planet, the one that Steve Irwin died while making, "Ocean's Deadliest." But, I switched to the game during commercials, then watched the game after that was over.

I really don't know much about football except you grab the ball and run for a touchdown (hopefully going to the right end. lol). My daughter watched with me, and was the cutest cheerleader the colts wish they had on the field! I know she doesn't know what was going on either, but she was cheering like she did. For the first time in my life, I am actually looking foward to the Super Bowl. Hope I get out of work ontime at H&R Block that day.

Peak tax season is finally here, and I am scheduled at H&R Block 11 days in a row. I should probably just live there. lol. We are already busy. Not overly busy, but steady kind of busy. I didn't have any down time tonight at work. As soon as I finished one return, another client came in and it was back to business.

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" and to let you all know I probably won't have time to post for a week or so.

Good luck to everyone and root for the Colts on the 4th!!!

Kim
Old 01-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #7  

Hello --- and Thanks for the big Welcome! We are having pretty nice weather this week--- just waiting for more snow to hit us on Saturday! I'm 54 (55 on Valentines Day) and I'm married and have 2 sons and 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. I'm only 5' so I really need to get this extra weight off. I have 2 pomeranians that are so spoiled! Butthey are my girls and I love it. I also like to knit and crochet-- in fact I've crocheted several bed spreads and of course I've made "the girls" several sweaters too! I'm using the Slimfast plan to lose this weight and so far it is working. I'm not much of a breakfast person so making a shake works for me. I just got the WATP DVD that has the Muscle Mile Walk, Walk Strong and 20 Minute Walk on it. I watched it yesterday and I'm going to work out with it this morning. I'm also doing 100 crunches on the ab lounge and have been doing 25 minutes on the treadmill. All this is at home since I can't do much outside in the snow!!

They do have a walking group that meets in Woodland Park once a week and once the weather gets nicer I think I'm going to meet with them and walk too. I've ordered a stroller for the "girls" so they can come too. They like to walk but I'm sure they would get tired after walking as far as the group walks.

Again Thanks for the Warm Welcome and I look forward to hearing from you.
Karen
Old 01-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #8  

Well, I was a little disappointed when I got on the scales this morning and only had a 1 pound loss But I guess one pound is better than none so I'll take it. I am now making sure that I'm getting at least a half gallon of water through the day and I ordered the other DVD from WATP that has the Get Up and Get Started on it. I think it has 3 workouts on it too. I'm hoping to be able to do all 3 of those, my ab lounge and 25 minutes on the treadmill. And then if I have any energy left I want to do the first 2 workouts on the WATP DVD that I already have. So that would equal about 11 miles of walking each day. Hopefully that will do something.

Sure hope everyone is doing good this morning. I need to get busy and get into town and get some gas while it is down to $1.83!!

We have more snow coming tomorrow night-- that makes 6 weekends in a row!! And they are tracking another storm that is supposed to be here Tuesday Night. I am so ready for SUMMER!!!

Take care everybody, Karen
Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #9  
CJ

Good morning! Sorry I haven't been in much -- like I said, I am into knitting my baby blankets and that is just as adicting as being on the computer! Once I get going it's hard to put it down!

Karen:
Thanks for posting your personal info ... it helps to get to know you. Me? Well, I am 65 years young, I live in Northern Michigan (lots of snow) I am also married and we have nine children and nine grand children, 1 great grandson and a great granddaughter expected in May! I love your picture with your "girls" ... WTG on your 1 lb loss -- yes, that is better than none for sure! Your walking tapes sounds great but what is WATP?? I have the Leslie Sansone walking tapes but unfortunately they are packed away at the moment -- no way of getting to them until we get our new house built and we unpack everything - so for now I will stick to Curves.

Sharon:
I have Tracey's sweater half done -- Would have been done already but had to order the yarn so worked on another blanket while waiting ... .

Well, I'm off now to start the new thread for this week - then off to Curves.... SEE YOU THERE! (on the new thread that is - lol)

Love, CJ
Closed Thread