Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 10:36 PM   #1  

Hi all. Here is where we are posting our goals for St. Pat's day. Short term goals can be great, just the ticket for keeping us motivated.

For Valentines day, I set my goal at .5 pounds/week, thinking I couldn't do one pound/week. But I did one pound, so I'm setting my new goal at the one pound/week rate. Since my first weigh in is tomorrow night, I have five weeks and thus, my goal is to lose 5 pounds. After my weigh in, I will most likely set a weekly goal of something I need to work on.

Starting weight - 171.5
St. Pat's Day - 166.5
** 5 weeks to go

Good luck everyone!!

Rabbit
Old 02-14-2001, 10:44 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK Rabbit...this one's going to be a tough one for me...it's not only a St. Pat's countdown, it's a Wedding Day count down!! I did not meet my Valentine's Day goal, I fell a few pounds short.

My St. Pat's Day/Wedding Day Goal is just to stay sane!!

(For those who don't know, I'm getting married on March 17th!)

Have a great day all!

Lauren
248.5/244.5/170
Old 02-15-2001, 01:19 AM   #3  
Donna

Good Afternoon All

Well the last one worked pretty well, so I'll go for this one. I have 4 WIs between now and then so I think I'll go for 3 lbs.

St. Pat's Day Goal:
Current: 239.2
Goal: 236.2

Additional Goals:
Journal More
Eat My Fruits and Veggies (I find this hard in the winter)

LBH - I think staying sane the month before your wedding is a good goal

Rabbit - Good luck with your goal, I know you can do it

- Tech

[This message has been edited by TechAlum (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 08:52 PM   #4  

Hello all...

Sounds like you are working toward some great goals so far. LBH, I have been married for 4.5 months and I can assure you that "sanity" is a perfect goal for you! But in the end, it will all be worth it...my wedding day was like a fairy tale.

Like Rabbit, I too have 5 weigh ins 'til SPD. Last goal was for 1.25 lbs. per week and I made it, but I am expecting a slow down, now that I am several weeks back into this, so I am going to go with 1 lb. per week. Five pounds by SPD. I am also going to take my measurements this weekend and take them again at SPD.

Ya know, I really love these short goals. It really helps me to keep my focus. Here's to a successful SPD countdown!!

Take care all.
Jhawk

SPD Goal: -5 lbs.
Old 02-16-2001, 01:11 AM   #5  

Yeah, more St Pat's Day goal setters!! My first weigh in is tonight. Will let you know how it goes.

Good luck all with the goals you have set!

LBH - staying sane definitely sounds like a good goal at this time.

I think I'll go ahead and set my challenge for week one:
1. stay within point range everyday

Make the luck of the Irish be with you all!

Rabbit
Old 02-16-2001, 07:25 PM   #6  

Happy Friday, All.

This has been a looong week, so I am ultra ready for the weekend. Luckily, it too will be long...Govt. work has its benefits!

Rabbit, how was weigh-in last night? I hope no more gas leaks!

I lost 1 lb. this week. I've been trying to curb my snacking and doing really well with it, so I was kind of hoping for more, but I'll take it anyway!

Have a great weekend, all!

Jhawk

SPD Goal: -5 lbs.
So Far: -1 lb.
To Go: -4 lbs.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:58 PM   #7  

Hi all! I lost 1.5 last night at weigh in! Since it was a 2 week weigh in though, I've decided to only count half (and then I have to adjust my starting weight and goal also). So here goes:

Starting weight - 170.75
Present - 170
SPD Goal - 165.75

** 4 weeks to go, 4.25 pounds to go**

Jhawk - Congrats on your loss! You're well on your way.

Have a good weekend all.

May the luck of the Irish be with you - Rabbit
Old 02-21-2001, 04:13 AM   #8  

How's it going goal-setters?? HOpe you all are hanging in there and doing well on your goals!!

I am op so far, so am hoping for a loss on Thursday. Just wanted to check in with you all.

Rabbit
Old 02-21-2001, 09:05 PM   #9  

Hi all

Rabbit, glad to hear all is going well. Congrats on the good loss last week! That is very exciting.

I have been struggling since I last wrote. It was my birthday over the weekend and a long weekend at that and both things contributed to some overeating. Then yesterday was the day from h*ll. And throughout my 16+ hour day, I only managed one decent meal and the rest of them were...well, just terrible and consisted mostly of donuts. I have managed to work out a couple of times (not today, 5:30 came to early after getting to bed at 1:00) and have done pretty good on my water, but the food...oh my. I just hope I can salvage the week with nothing more than a small gain. I am back on track today. Moving on...

I hope everyone is having a good week. Hang in there...

jhawk
Old 02-21-2001, 09:37 PM   #10  
Donna

Happy Wednesday All,

Didn't do to well towards my goals the end of last week and the weekend. Nothing healthy was appealing so I went over points most days. This week has started out better though.

Went to WW yesterday and I'm down 0.2 lbs. Not great but I'll take it all things considered.

Rabbit - You go girl . You seem to have so much energy and enthusiasim send some my way will ya.

JHawk - Climbing back on the wagon with you. Good Luck!!!

-Tech
249.2/239/236.2(St.Pat's)/170ish
Old 02-22-2001, 04:07 AM   #11  

Hi all. I've been talking about how well I've been doing, but it doesn't seem to be showing up on the scales yet. I hope it does by tomorrow at weigh in, I love to see that loss.

Jhawk - Happy Birthday, belated! We all slip, but the important part is that we pick ourselves up and begin again! That's my philosophy, anyway.

Tech - Congrats on your loss! Any old loss is a good one, you know?

Will check in tomorrow night or (probably) Friday morning with my weigh in. I'm nervous.

Rabbit
Old 02-23-2001, 02:06 AM   #12  

HI guys. I think I'm going to have a gain tonight - my scales are showing me up a pound. I have points left and have exercised all the time, so the only thing I can figure out is that it must be from the weight training. I really like doing the weight machines and know it is good for me, but am so bummed to see that scale go in the wrong direction. The only thing I think I can do is hang on, keep doing as I am, and hope this reverses itself. I'm just going to HATE coming on here and posting a gain! I know I'm looking short term when I think that way though, so I'm going to keep on keeping on.

Wish me luck!

Rabbit

PS - Thanks for letting me vent!!

[This message has been edited by Rabbit (edited 02-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rabbit (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old 02-24-2001, 02:08 AM   #13  

As I suspected, I gained one pound at weigh in last night. Hope it won't stay around too long!!

Here's my stats:
Starting weight - 170.75
Present - 171
SPD Goal - 165.75

**3 weeks to go, 5.25 pounds. Whoops! I'm getting scared.

Rabbit
Old 02-24-2001, 03:11 AM   #14  

Happy Friday...

Boy am I ready for the weekend. This has been one hideous week. In all ways, and as a perfect end, I gained a pound this morning. I'd be upset if it wasn't so deserved.

Rabbit, sorry about the gain, but boy can I relate.

Everyone else, where are you? Have a great weekend.

jhawk
Old 02-24-2001, 11:52 AM   #15  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi All

Mind if I join-in? I'm doing the WW program here in Arizona. I made Lifetime about a year ago and all was going well until December. Since 12/1 I have gained back about 9 pounds and am .8 away from having to "pay" for the meetings again.

Anyway, I would really love to join your thread - you all seem so motivated and friendly! I will post my stats tomorrow a.m. along with a St. Pats Day goal.

Thanks a bunch.... Nona
Closed Thread