Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #1  
I am GOING to do this!

S/C/G: 236/225/150

Height: 5'4"

Default New here, mom of 3 from Ohio

Hi, I am new here. I have lurked for a while. I am 26, married for 7.5 years, and a mom of 3. I am currently working to make myself healthier and would like to loose about 75 pounds. I am looking forward to meeting people and having some weight loss buddies.
mommytanya05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #2  
Thin taste better

S/C/G: 230/215/170

Height: 5ft

Hi mommytanya,

I have been await from this web site for a while and decided to come back this morning and I am already on an motivational high from the support I have received I am much more focused on my goal when I visit everyday. So welcome welcome welcome, you are on your way and I know we can do this together
sweettay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to both of you and good luck!!!
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #4  
fatty2hottie2007

S/C/G: 290/278/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi there and welcome! Im a newbie here and also a mom of 3 in Ohio! What part of Ohio are you from?
fatty2hottie2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #5  

Hi,
I am new as well. I'm a mother of 2 and have yet to lose the "baby weight" and it has been 4 years!!! I have tried every diet you can imagine, have lost pounds, but then gained them back as well as a a few more. Christmas really hit me hard this year, I put on 7 pounds in December alone. Yikes!!!!!
I was wondering how you get those cute scales on the bottom of your posts. I have tried making them but I'm not sure how you cut and paste them on.
Thanks
pgregors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Hi there!! I'm new here too, and I'm a mom of 2, and in Ohio as well.
coolwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:15 PM   #7  

Hi! I'm also 26, also from OH (northeast), and a mom to 2 wonderful boys. I am hoping to lose about 60 pounds and definitely could use some buddies to keep me motivated!

Oh yeah, and I'm new here too.

Amanda
Mandafay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #8  
fatty2hottie2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgregors View Post
Hi,
I am new as well. I'm a mother of 2 and have yet to lose the "baby weight" and it has been 4 years!!! I have tried every diet you can imagine, have lost pounds, but then gained them back as well as a a few more. Christmas really hit me hard this year, I put on 7 pounds in December alone. Yikes!!!!!
I was wondering how you get those cute scales on the bottom of your posts. I have tried making them but I'm not sure how you cut and paste them on.
Thanks
Hi and welcome! You just copy and paste the bbcode into your signature for the weight trackers!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #9  
fatty2hottie2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
Hi there!! I'm new here too, and I'm a mom of 2, and in Ohio as well.
I have boy/girl twins as well! They are almost 2 1/2.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #10  
I am GOING to do this!

S/C/G: 236/225/150

Hi everyone. I am in Lancaster Ohio, a little south of Columbus.
mommytanya05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #11  

So what does everyone plan on doing exercise-wise?

I was a member of Curves but never had time to go. I'm thinking about picking up some kind of fitness video, but I haven't decided on one yet-I'm being too picky, I think!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

I'm in Morrow County, between Columbus & Mansfield!! Small world, eh?!

Right now, I'm just watching how much I eat, eating a little better (I am still enjoying my foods), and trying to exercise at least 30 minutes a day 5 or 6 times a week. Sunday is my rest day, and also when I eat whatever I want to, within reason of course. I am a member of Curves, and I love it!! I drop my kids off at school, and head to Curves at least 4 days a week. On my non-Curves days, I walk on my treadmill (which I hate), and do some upper arm work using my husband's weights. I also have a few of the Walk Away The Pounds (WATP) tapes and DVD's which I like to do for a quick workout, especially when the kids are home from school sick, snowday, etc. I've been in this battle to lose weight for years, but I haven't given up yet. I still keep starting over. I guess I figure as long as I keep trying, I haven't quite failed!!
coolwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #13  

Here's my exercise dilemma:

My Curves membership is still active, I just haven't been in about 5 weeks. I have no one to watch my 2 boys during the day for me to go, and in the evenings I am finishing an online course and then I will probably work from right after dinner time until midnight or 1. My local Curves does not open early enough for me to go before my husband leaves for work. So I have little time to go.

On the other hand, I LOVED GOING. I worked hard and enjoyed doing it! I saw results. I took a break from going earlier this year because my mother-in-law got sick and passed away, and when I went back I lost 4 pounds and 5.5 inches the first month!

We are really hoping to get our debt paid off in the next year and a half once I start working, so I want to work as much as I can to accomplish that. But I also want to accomplish my personal goal of losing the weight for good this time. We are supposed to be going to California in December, and darn it I want to wear a bathing suit and swim in the ocean and not feel miserable about myself.

I keep thinking that I could start work 1 hour later than I was originally planning on so that I can keep my Curves membership, but then I think about our student loan/credit card debt racking up interest and taking longer to pay off. Sigh. I know myself well enough that I can say for sure that I wouldn't stick with an at home exercise routine.

Sorry so long! Maybe you all could tell me I need to go back to Curves since it was working for me and I'll take your advice!

Edited to add: I know the answers are obvious. It's just difficult right now for me to pick one over the other because they are both so important.

Amanda

Last edited by Mandafay; 01-25-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #14  

Did my long post scare everyone away?

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone here wanted to do buddy up as a group...more buddies = more accountability?

Amanda
Old 01-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #15  
fatty2hottie2007

Have you guys joined spark people? They have all kinds of information and they have a bunch of Ohio groups! Im loving it so far and am already making some friends! i think it really helps to have more diet buddies along the way!....(for some reason, spark people must be banned or blocked from here because when i originally posted this I posted my s.p. link and it was just a bunch of stars when I saved it!). To get to the website just put the 2 words together dot com, lol!

Last edited by fatty2hottie2007; 01-28-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spark people links must be banned here or something?